Questions about the new forum

Starbug

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I don't have any circles, I have stars - I presume it's the same thing.

Yup. If you hover the curser over them, it should say 'go to first unread' or something. The stars just mean the thread has been popular recently.

I see no circles!  I shall have to await the arrival of these mythical beings!  :lol:

I have either stars or nothing.  The only place I have circles is on the main section of the forum with little speech bubbles in them - they take you to the most recent post in the relevant forum but they have always done that.

I think the stars mean it's a thread you have commented in.

17 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

That's.... that's what I said.... :no: :crying:

;)

You did Mr Lemming, my apologies, when I scanned back I didn't see your reply.  :mellow:

Anyway I've screencapped my screen showing stars and no circles unless I'm being a moron (quite likely). Maybe it's something in the user settings.

2017-04-05.png

Is anyone seeing their signature again? I just checked the the process cycle Invision said was the reason they're not there has stopped. But somehow I am too stupid to find my own signature. :D

EDIT: My screen looks like yours, Raylenth.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

I don't see any signatures for anyone Queen and I'm glad i'm not going mad and others are circleless as well.

Having checked my profile though there's no category there for a signature.  Location and the About Me bit are still there but there's nothing for signatures, so it looks like it's not an issue with them just not showing, but them not existing at all.

Edited by Raylenth

8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

You did Mr Lemming, my apologies, when I scanned back I didn't see your reply.  :mellow:

Anyway I've screencapped my screen showing stars and no circles unless I'm being a moron (quite likely). Maybe it's something in the user settings.

2017-04-05.png

Maybe you only have stars because you have commented on them topics/ and read all the others? I only have circles on ones I haven't read yet. 

Ladies and gentlemen, the signatures should be enabled now.

However, as they got rid of certain moderating Options for the signatures here's the official caveat: First, no URLs please. Pictures and such are blocked by Default. I really don't want to enable that because it's eating a lot of bandwidth.

Second and most important: any abuse - if there's too much Violation of the Forum rules like other Events Promotion, swearing etc. - will lead to us turning off the signatures again.

• Like 2

Hi Queen, I know you guys have been working hard on sorting this all out, and thank you for that.  I do appreciate you all have your own jobs and lives! I just wanted to remind about 1 issue that's outstanding - the 'like' info.  It's still coming through unidentified and just says a 'person' liked a post.

This new forum is very frustrating.

What would take a second to see new announcement threads, now takes a lot longer. 

I used to just login to the forum and just glance at the top right hand corner to see whether there are new guests announced, but now I have to browse through each thread.

I don't want to know who replied to what thread/post and all that social media like stuff on the 'activity' feature. 

Hi Graphic, you can turn off the notifications in your profile, and although the loss of the new topics pane is annoying you can look at the Activity tab on and just look at all the new posts.  It's not as quick but it means you don't have to go into each forum.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kevinstowmarket said:

Hi

How do you just see the new topics as you say? I am on mobile (if that makes a difference ) and only have 'activity' and  'activity levels activity' which shows people replying (condensed does too) not just new topics.

Sorry if being dumb

No idea for mobiles Kevin, sorry.