Realistic in one day?

Is this realistic in one day?

Currently looking at:

6 photos

7 autos via VQ (not same guests as photo guests)

1 diamond pass guest (no talk).

2 talks (not through the diamond pass guest).

No doubt there'll be more added to the list with future announcements.

Maybe I'll wait on the schedule release then if no clashes with the talks I'll book the talk tickets (of course if tickets are still available - I wouldnt be too gutted if they had sold out - I'd rather get the photos and autos as a priority).

Edited by spengler

• Moderators

As the others have said if you are around all day, in at a reasonable time for your VQs you should be able to get plenty done. In previous years I've managed 10/15 photos in a day with similar amount of autos and a couple of talks so it is doable.

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I'd rather risk the autos than pay for a gold pass.

2 days isnt really an option for me and Saturday it is. Am quite happy for early starts but I'm not getting there for 4am!

I dont mind being 'busy' on the day. Last year was great but I didnt book much up so had a lot, almost too much, spare time.

• Like 1

we were the very first in the line ( friend got in line at 4am) and ran for the vq's.

May I remind people that RUNNING for VQ's provokes TooTall into shouting at you ! And believe me you don't want that ! " Shudders "

May be that was just a figure of speech ?

I second that as I observed this last year.

Not only will you get told off but it's poor form. You could end up looking like a buffoon and you could also injure yourself and/or orhers.

I had 7 autographs and 1 photoshoot planned on the Saturday at the 2015 LFCC, and managed all this bar one autograph, with little time to check out the dealer tables.

Bear in mind that at the time, the guests and photoshoots were on 2 different floors and less space was used, compared to last year's.

I did loads of Autos, couple of photoshoots and 1 bikg talk, but it really depends on how many "big" actors you going for or lot of "small" ones

At the minute only a couple of 'big' guests (in terms of price). Some of the cheaper guests I am going for are 'big' to me.

Interesting read guys, very helpful.

So far, my priority is to get more names on my Rogue One Poster... so I'll be racing to the following for a VQ ticket if needed (fingers crossed):

Alan Tudyk / Daniel Naprous / Alistair Petrie / Valene Kane / Richard Franklin.

Somewhere in the itinerary I will HAVE to get a VQ ticket to Ian McDiarmid... so, so, so many Star Wars autographs in my collection and never met the Emperor. 

I know it won't be plain sailing as I don't land at Euston station 'til after 9am, so will get through the doors about 10ish I should imagine.

Not hopeful on accomplishing what I want to accomplish - but a guy can try right?

Thanks for the help team, may the force be with you.

25 minutes ago, Admiral Ackbar said:

Interesting read guys, very helpful.

So far, my priority is to get more names on my Rogue One Poster... so I'll be racing to the following for a VQ ticket if needed (fingers crossed):

Alan Tudyk / Daniel Naprous / Alistair Petrie / Valene Kane / Richard Franklin.

Somewhere in the itinerary I will HAVE to get a VQ ticket to Ian McDiarmid... so, so, so many Star Wars autographs in my collection and never met the Emperor. 

I know it won't be plain sailing as I don't land at Euston station 'til after 9am, so will get through the doors about 10ish I should imagine.

Not hopeful on accomplishing what I want to accomplish - but a guy can try right?

Thanks for the help team, may the force be with you.

Definitely go straight to Alan, then Ian. As for the others, I don't think they'll all be on VQ tickets.

11 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Definitely go straight to Alan, then Ian. As for the others, I don't think they'll all be on VQ tickets.

Alistair won't I wouldn't have thought.  He'll be popular but mainly only for the Star Wars and Sherlock crowd I'd think.

Last year with a gold pass I purchased 16 photos for the Saturday. However, due to an overrun (which happens quite often), I missed out on two photos. I still managed to squeeze in a few autographs during a big time gap between shoots.

I think this year I'll keep it to around 10-12 photos per day, just to play it safe.

I remember my first con in 2012 without a gold pass. I think I managed about 8 on one day without too much stress.

• Like 1