First Time Attendee

Hey! This is my first time attending LFCC though I have been to a few of the smaller cons, so I was hoping someone would be able to answer some questions and give me some advice?

Where do you find the batch number for the virtual queue tickets? Is it at the guests autograph stand?

How quick do the lines to get in grow and what time do people normally start queuing from? I have early entry but my train doesn't get in until 8am and I have to get across from Kings Cross.

I'm hard of hearing so at the panels I need to be close to the front (up to about fourth row I've found from experience at previous cons) and I know when I've gone before they've said as soon as the panel before has ended, speak to the steward working them and they'll make sure I'm seated where I can hear. Would that be the same here?

Is there anywhere around the con where I could get cheap food/drink during the day?

Thanks!

• Moderators

Virtual Queue tickets don't work in batches, batches only apply to photo ops. The virtual queue ticket is collected from the guests signing area, this will have a number on it, you are able to queue at any point after your number is called. There is a sign at the guests signing area which shows which VQ number they have reached.

People do start queuing early, I've been there between 7/8 before and the lines have been a good size. It is worth noting though that whilst the queues can be long the do move quickly when the doors open.

With respect to your hearing issue, it may be worth you dropping an email to extrahelp@showmastersevents.com, hopefully they will be able to assist.

Food and drink are available in the venue, however there are shops locally including a Tesco just across the road where you will be able to stock up.

Edited by StuartG2198

• Moderators

Virtual Queue tickets don't work in batches, just photo ops. The virtual queue ticket is collected from the guests signing area, this will have a number on it, you are able to queue at any point after your number is called.

People do start queuing early, I've been there between 7/8 before and the lines have been a good size. It is worth noting though that whilst the queues can be long the do move quickly when the doors open.

With respect to your hearing issue, it may be worth you dropping an email to extrahelp@showmastersevents.com, hopefully they will be able to assist.

Food and drink are available in the venue, however there are shops locally including a Tesco just across the road where you will be able to stock up.

That's what I meant with the virtual queue tickets, I just couldn't think how to word it haha! Where is the number called though? At the guests tables?

Thank you for your help!

There is a sign at the guests signing area where it says which VQ tickets they are seeing. Again, you are able to Queue any time after your number has been called

The Virtual Queue ticket is like a raffle ticket; all sequential with no duplicates.

So as soon as you get in, go straight to the guests you most want autographs from and get their tickets. You might be lucky and get, say, number 200.

Then they'll be a sign up at the start of each guests entry saying "Tickets 1 - 50". Then after about half an hour, if you're lucky, it will be changed to "Tickets 1 - 100", and so on.

Then at any point your ticket number is included in the numbers on the sign, you present your ticket to the crew on the queue and they'll let you join the back!

Assuming you have early entry, you SHOULD be OK seeing any guest provided you go straight to their queue when you get in. If you have 11am entry then some of the bigger guests won't be possible.

My advice not just for you but for other first timers reading this would be to make sure you study the Floor Plan of the event which will be posted online a few days earlier. Then you know roughly where to go when you get in to the hall, go straight there, find the guests you want and get their queuing tickets. Ignore everything else - no matter how shiny! - until you have all the VQ tickets you need.

Then stroll around the venue for a couple of hours before going back to the guests and seeing which numbers they're up to. :-)