LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - JOHN CLEESE

2 hours ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Christopher Lloyd is a very slow signer and didn't even get through a lot of the VQ's last time he was at LFCC. He also didn't personalize (same for another event where I did manage to get him).

John Cleese is a first timer and only there one day, I'll consider us lucky if he even personalises.

Tom Wilson on the other hand. He's there all three days and he's pretty much just known for Back to the Future. He's a rare guest, but I don't think he'll be as busy as the two above.

Yeah I'm hoping Tom will be personalising.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested John Cleese is lined up to be on the channel 4 show The Last Leg this friday the day before he's at lfcc.

For those that dont know the show it is a live comedy/talk show on at 9pm for an hour and if his last appearance on the show is anything to go by it should be good. Plus as its live you can tweet into the show and they can read bits out/ask questions.

Just hoping hes not too tired come saturday as cant wait to meet him.

Can anyone tell me from their experience, if the 8x10 supplied by the show for the autograph is usually a good one or is it best to come with something of your own?  I don't have anything else of Cleese, but wondering if it is better for me to go out and buy something or his book to get autographed rather than what is supplied to me at the show... appreciate any input!

3 minutes ago, RyanCM said:

Can anyone tell me from their experience, if the 8x10 supplied by the show for the autograph is usually a good one or is it best to come with something of your own?  I don't have anything else of Cleese, but wondering if it is better for me to go out and buy something or his book to get autographed rather than what is supplied to me at the show... appreciate any input!

They are usually a good one but it all depends on what you want him for and what time of day you get to him as some might run out. If there is a special item you want it is best to bring with you or look around the many stalls at the event.

Well do you have any idea what Kind of Picture you want? There's usually a good variety, but if you have your heart set on something Special the Picture may have run out before you get there. We always recommend to bring something yourself if you say "it has to be that one!" if this makes sense.

Also quality can depend on the guest and roll.  If it's for someone who had a small part in a film it can be hard to find clear pictures.  Mads SW one last year wasn't brilliant as it was blurry but that was because the footage had only just been released for previews so it was the only image they could get.

• Like 1

Thought he was lovely today - a really nice guy even if he did keep needing breaks during his signing (he is 78). Was pleasantly surprised to see, despite what ive read elsewhere on this forum, that by 1300 he was opened up to VQ for autographs. A one time only guest and worth every penny.

I hope everyone in this thread got what they were after. What was posted in the locked 'incredibly unfair for VQ ticket holders' thread wasn't quite true - he was signing up to VQ 200 up till 3pm, I was queuing from 1:45 and just scraped through - maybe 20 after me - before he went away for his break. It looked like it was only after that they had to rethink things as it sounded like a number of diamonds hadn't been yet. 

The people running his enclosure were brilliant, but the signage left a bit to be desired. Obviously I went past several times during the day - without being on top of it, it looked like it said diamonds 1-100, diamonds 1-200, but it at least later it was diamonds and VQ 1-200. So that important VQ was very easy to miss, I could have queued earlier. We need bigger signs.

Edited by TerraHawk

Personally (because i'm nosy) i'd be interested to hear if there were any DPs who didn't get through for autos. I was at the front of  signing session that took place after his pm photos and was told he was only signing until 5:30. Sadly due to some delay, he only got back at 5:10 (unfortunate, but no one's fault). I'm just worried some DPs didn't get through. Although the staff were great

Edited by tenaciouspirit