LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - STEVEN YEUN

Hi, I'm only attending Friday and Saturday and considering an upgrade to a diamond pass but before I do this was wondering how likely it is I will be able to collect the autograph on either of those days considering I can't make Sunday. I'm aware they call in batch numbers and they won't release how many are left for sale etc but since Stevens diamond pass has been on sale a while now I'm concerned I would be taking a gamble with having a high diamond pass number. 

10 minutes ago, Chirs1983 said:

Hi, I'm only attending Friday and Saturday and considering an upgrade to a diamond pass but before I do this was wondering how likely it is I will be able to collect the autograph on either of those days considering I can't make Sunday. I'm aware they call in batch numbers and they won't release how many are left for sale etc but since Stevens diamond pass has been on sale a while now I'm concerned I would be taking a gamble with having a high diamond pass number. 

Hi Chirs as you say it's always hard to judge because we don't know what your number will be and how many he will get through each day.  I can only advise what I have said before - it should be OK, but of course there is a small risk you might not be able to go through until Sunday if you have a high number.  Friday is the quieter of the 3 days so I would advise speaking to the crew then and ask them if you can go through as you can't be there on Sunday.  If you have a higher number see what it's like first thing (if not many of the lower diamonds have arrived in the queue at that point you might be OK to join it, or if you see it's busy try later when they have had the chance to get some of the lower pass holders through). If they can they should let you but it's a gamble you do take.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just a quick question will be trying to get an autograph for my brother on the Friday. If I go there straight away and pick up a VT for it would the chances of getting an auto without a diamond pass be high as I haven't done this for a big guest before

Many thanks

Sam

We can't really give you a definite answer Sam - He's going to be busy but Friday is the quietest day so you have the best chance then.  It depends on how much he's doing on the day that will take him away from signing, how slow or quick he signs.

However there is a good chance most Diamond guests will do VQ ticket holders and probably a good few of them.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

We can't really give you a definite answer Sam - He's going to be busy but Friday is the quietest day so you have the best chance then.  It depends on how much he's doing on the day that will take him away from signing, how slow or quick he signs.

However there is a good chance most Diamond guests will do VQ ticket holders and probably a good few of them.

Cool, thank you for replying :)

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CharlotteJimenez said:

How busy do we expect Stevens auto queue to be? And how likely is it to get one? 

You're kind of asking how long is a piece of string on this one. It firstly depends what day you are going on, because the show as a whole will be much quieter friday and sunday compared to saturday. Then it also depends how fast steven signs, most diamond guests get to virtual queue tickets by the end of the day (I know people who have met tonnes of diamond guests without passes and reasonably high vq tickets),  but slow signers like christopher lloyd sometimes only see diamond pass holders. 

You have an advantage, because you want to see a guest who is there all three days (as opposed to john cleese for example, who is only there saturday). But even still, the only thing you can really do is get there early, grab a low VQ ticket and hope he gets to you. Like I said probably best to do this friday or sunday. 

Edited by tenaciouspirit

5 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

You're kind of asking how long is a piece of string on this one. It firstly depends what day you are going on, because the show as a whole will be much quieter friday and sunday compared to saturday. Then it also depends how fast steven signs, most diamond guests get to virtual queue tickets by the end of the day (I know people who have met tonnes of diamond guests without passes and reasonably high vq tickets),  but slow signers like christopher lloyd sometimes only see diamond pass holders. 

You have an advantage, because you want to see a guest who is there all three days (as opposed to john cleese for example, who is only there saturday). But even still, the only thing you can really do is get there early, grab a low VQ ticket and hope he gets to you. Like I said probably best to do this friday or sunday. 

I'm only attending on the Saturday, I have a photo op with him so if I managed to get an auto that would of just been a bonus :) I've never been before so I'm not sure what to expect. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel

2 minutes ago, CharlotteJimenez said:

I'm only attending on the Saturday, I have a photo op with him so if I managed to get an auto that would of just been a bonus :) I've never been before so I'm not sure what to expect. I've only been to a different con so I'm kind of just going from that experience :) 

Would you mind awfully editing out the name of that con please? We're not allowed to mention rival cons on here. 

19 minutes ago, CharlotteJimenez said:

I'm only attending on the Saturday, I have a photo op with him so if I managed to get an auto that would of just been a bonus :) I've never been before so I'm not sure what to expect. I've only been to a different con so I'm kind of just going from that experience :) 

Don't worry :) we've all been a first timer at one point. Do you know about the VQ system? Basically all big guests have a vq system, where you are given a raffle like ticket with a number on it, and when that number is called, you can go up for an auto. But you can't go up until that number is called. So your best bet is to get there really early on sat, then go straight to his queue and grab a vq ticket. Like I said, the fact that steven is going all three days hopefully means he will get to vq tickets, but you can't guarentee it. Obviously you can also buy his diamond to guarentee the auto, but then you'd have two photoshoots instead of one XD

Hopefully that all makes sense - just realised I didn't put an emotion into the first post, just looks like a wall of text

Also as nate said, the other con name will have to be removed as per forum rules

Edited by tenaciouspirit

Hi, this is my first ever time attending a con. I've brought a diamond pass for Steven Yeun for the Saturday (the only day I can attend). I only brought my tickets last week and now I'm really worried I won't get an autograph. Is there any chance at all that I will get my autograph? Obviously getting a photo is amazing but I'd love him to sign something. 

Also if I bring my Glenn Funko pop can I get that signed? 

Just now, Rosiebee said:

Hi, this is my first ever time attending a con. I've brought a diamond pass for Steven Yeun for the Saturday (the only day I can attend). I only brought my tickets last week and now I'm really worried I won't get an autograph. Is there any chance at all that I will get my autograph? Obviously getting a photo is amazing but I'd love him to sign something. 

Also if I bring my Glenn Funko pop can I get that signed? 

You can bring your Funko and I'm afraid that as you bought really late and will therefore have a high ticket number and can only be there on Saturday there is a risk, small though it may be, that you may not be called for your auto.  Speak to the crew manning his queue and explain and they will help you through the auto queue if they can if your number hasn't been called, but if the queue is full of people who have been called they may not be able to help you.  You may be fine though, your number may be called and if not they may be able to help you through.

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You can bring your Funko and I'm afraid that as you bought really late and will therefore have a high ticket number and can only be there on Saturday there is a risk, small though it may be, that you may not be called for your auto.  Speak to the crew manning his queue and explain and they will help you through the auto queue if they can if your number hasn't been called, but if the queue is full of people who have been called they may not be able to help you.  You may be fine though, your number may be called and if not they may be able to help you through.

Ah thank you. I guess I'll just have to hope for the best then! I was going to buy my ticket months ago but wasn't sure if I was free until last week, it's my own fault I suppose :(

On 10/03/2017 at 7:01 PM, showmasters said:

Diamond Pass: £130
1 x Photo Shoot
1 x Autograph Guaranteed
1 x Limited Print of his work

Glenn Rhee - The Walking Dead
Keith - Voltron
Steve Palchuk - Trollhunters
Wan - The Legend of Korra

forum-Steven-Yeun.jpg

forum-Steven-Yeun-1.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3081796

Just a quick question. It's says limited edition print of his work yet we getting a print of him? Any one know what going on with that? 

4 hours ago, kamikazemonkey said:

Just a quick question. It's says limited edition print of his work yet we getting a print of him? Any one know what going on with that? 

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I took "print of his work" as print of him in one of his roles. Sometimes it's been collages, sometimes it's been artwork, sometimes it's been portrait posters. The "print of his work" wording was probably used because at that point this wasn't determined.

What did you expect?

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. I took "print of his work" as print of him in one of his roles. Sometimes it's been collages, sometimes it's been artwork, sometimes it's been portrait posters. The "print of his work" wording was probably used because at that point this wasn't determined.

What did you expect?

This is what the print looks like for reference.

IMG_1888.JPG

Thanks for getting back to me Queen and Stuart. Not my first diamond so expected "print" from other diamond guests but "of his work" isn't worded on other guest threads. As an accomplished artist I supposed "his work" would be his own drawing/sketches or something similar. Don't get me wrong I like the print, as with the other diamond pass prints I have had this year and past, just not what I expected. I just believe the wording could, mistakenly, imply something different as Steven is an artist. Just think with wording different on Steven's, we would be getting something else. 

Thanks again guys. Fantastic show yesterday. Can't wait for today