LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - IAN MCDIARMID

Jeez, this is a big one for me.

My train from Liverpool doesn't arrive at Euston until 9am unfortunatley, so won't be passing the event doors until 10ish maybe.

I won't get my hopes up, but I've got everything crossed to add him to my Star Wars autograph collection.

Hoping the force is on my side on the 29th.

Jeez, this is a big one for me.

My train from Liverpool doesn't arrive at Euston until 9am unfortunatley, so won't be passing the event doors until 10ish maybe.

I won't get my hopes up, but I've got everything crossed to add him to my Star Wars autograph collection.

Hoping the force is on my side on the 29th.

Make sure to go straight to him then!

I've got a great memory of meeting him. It was in January last year, on my birthday, I had just been to see The Force Awakens at the Science Museum in London (70mm projection showing), and on the way home I was waiting for a train on the Piccadilly Line and saw him sitting on a bench reading a paper! I said "Your are Ian McDiarmid aren't you?" and he replied with a smile "Yes" and I told him what a massive fan of his I was. Made my birthday!!

• Like 5

Given how popular and expensive Ian is, as with some others that have posted here, I am a little surprised he is not a diamond guest!

I think my son would like another photo with Ian on the throne but this time with the Palpatine make up and costume!!! A make up shoot sounds like a very good diamond guest exclusive to me!! Something for SM to think about for another year, if Ian is prepared to do it....!

• Like 1

I dont think they've tried a full make up shoot since Robert Englund in 2015. It would greatly reduce autograph and photo shoots because of the time to get him in an out of it

I think it would take hours to do that. It would be worth the wait but I don't think Ian would agree :P

I'm so happy he came back, I'm only going on saturday and last year he came on sunday. It was a bummer but now I'm getting another chance. Just going for an autograph for my Funko Star Wars Collection :)

Same here, also from Belgium? I live in Ghent :P first time LFCC last year. Missed Ian last year too since I was there friday and saturday :/

Edited by Queen_Sindel
Sorry for the edit, please remember you can't discuss or mention other shows on here.
  • Like 1

I'm so happy he came back, I'm only going on saturday and last year he came on sunday. It was a bummer but now I'm getting another chance. Just going for an autograph for my Funko Star Wars Collection :)

Same here, also from Belgium? I live in Ghent :P first time LFCC last year. Missed Ian last year too since I was there friday and saturday :/

Also from Belgium, also my second year this time. I was only there on saturday, last year I got 2 pictures and a signature. This year, I've already booked 9 photoshoots lol. Next week just a photoshoot with Ben McKenzie and his wife, looking forward to it.

Hi Batflash, just a heads up, looks like you have some non Shomasters conventions in your signature bit at the bottom there, you can't mention non Showmasters conventions in the forum as it's against forum rules, even in your bit at the bottom of your posts. You might want to edit and remove those before a mod spots them. :smile:

• Like 1

Hi Batflash, just a heads up, looks like you have some non Shomasters conventions in your signature bit at the bottom there, you can't mention non Showmasters conventions in the forum as it's against forum rules, even in your bit at the bottom of your posts. You might want to edit and remove those before a mod spots them. :smile:

Thanks, I did not know that but now I do :)

Edited by The_batflash123

Unrelated but this has led me to read your signature Batflash, you may know but just in case you don't Showmasters have a Sherlock convention in the US in May and in the UK in October.  Although neither Ben or Martin have been announced you might want to take a look at them and keep an eye on them as although it does come down to availability if they are going to be at any of the Showmasters event it would probably be one of those.

Unrelated but this has led me to read your signature Batflash, you may know but just in case you don't Showmasters have a Sherlock convention in the US in May and in the UK in October.  Although neither Ben or Martin have been announced you might want to take a look at them and keep an eye on them as although it does come down to availability if they are going to be at any of the Showmasters event it would probably be one of those.

I know, I check the site sometimes but nothing so far + I think it is in a period of time that my final exams start. I would love to go but school comes first of course :P

Good attitude, yes school does come first. Usually if Ben (and presumably Martin if he goes, he has never attended any event so far) does go it's not announced until much nearer the time as he's so busy it's not usually until nearer the show that he knows if he can come or not, last time he was announced about 2 or 3 days before.  Please do come and post in the Sherlocked thread on here if you want to chat or ask any questions about it.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't know about it but now we need to get it back on topic.  

Star Wars guests YAY!

Edited by Raylenth

Im tempted to get my Emperor throne picture from last year signed

Have you got a pic of how it looks, debating getting that one this time out

Its on Facebook, I have never been able to post pictures on here, I'll tag you

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kenobi said:

Is getting his autograph likely. Just heard he is really popular and worried I'll be disappointed ( what is a realistic vq number for him )

Hi Kenobi, please give people a chance to reply before you ask the same question in more than 1 thread.  We have replied to you in the 'realistic in 1 day' thread.