What makes the con special for you?

Dreamsphere

Aside from the obvious, meeting the stars and getting a chance to shop for stuff you wouldn't get elsewhere what makes these conventions something you get so excited for and look forward to every year? for me it's always the people. iv'e had complete strangers sit next to me in talks or the cafe's and we start a simple conversation and then at each convention we meet again, even give each other hugs. its lovely!

Also being a cosplayer its kind of addictive having people ask for photo's either of me or with me. last year i had many people saying "can i have a hug please!" because they loved the costume (charlie Chaplin) the appreciation of my costume was so lovely and i leave he convention feeling loved and happy.

so, what "other" things make the convention special for you?

I'm looking forward to reading the replies ^_^

• Like 1

Definitely the atmosphere, personally for me there is no happier place in the world than being thrust into the entire chaotic world that is a con :)

I have met some unbelievably wonderful people at LFCC and they have made my little world a heck of a lot brighter. They make it special.

• Like 1

the atmosphere for sure and meeting new like minded friends while standing in queues. ohh and the jealousy when i show all my photos and autos to fam and friends lol

oooh yes i got that one year. i forgot my friend is a HUGE BTTF fan and showed him the picture of me and Christopher Lloyd with him the delorean and he just stared at it for a moment before saying slowly "hate you...so much right now..." maybe he will love me if i can get him an auto this year lmao

the atmosphere for sure and meeting new like minded friends while standing in queues. ohh and the jealousy when i show all my photos and autos to fam and friends lol

oooh yes i got that one year. i forgot my friend is a HUGE BTTF fan and showed him the picture of me and Christopher Lloyd with him the delorean and he just stared at it for a moment before saying slowly "hate you...so much right now..." maybe he will love me if i can get him an auto this year lmao

ahaha yes... i got a few jealous comments for c lloyd and MJF and also Jeremy Renner from last yeat lol

I'm going to be the proper boring one and be honest and say I just go for the guests. I don't cosplay, don't really mingle with other attendees and tend not to buy much merchandise (if any). My attendance is there to get autographs and the odd photo.

Basically, if there aren't any guests I'm interested in meeting, I don't go.

• Like 2

I'm going to be the proper boring one and be honest and say I just go for the guests. I don't cosplay, don't really mingle with other attendees and tend not to buy much merchandise (if any). My attendance is there to get autographs and the odd photo.

This is pretty much my serious answer as well.

• Like 1

Obviously the guests.....

But also to take photos, its a hive of amazing photo opertunities. I come back with a lot I love on my camera.

The people. Meet some nice ones. Great to make friends or help someone.

The excitement of it all. Its my lonely holiday by myself away from reality of my job. My fiancée on the other hand thinks I am strange haha

I don't talk to anyone; nobody wants to hug me; I've made zero friends. I spend most of my free con-time sat on the floor looking grumpy. That's what makes it special for me.

I don't talk to anyone; nobody wants to hug me; I've made zero friends. I spend most of my free con-time sat on the floor looking grumpy. That's what makes it special for me.

You'll be easy to spot, then. Just go for the mean looking bear in the corner and hug it out this year! :thumbup:

Maybe he'll love you even more if you get him a ticket so he can meet Christopher Lloyd himself ;-)

After seeing your photo with Mads last year, I don't believe you.

After seeing your photo with Mads last year, I don't believe you.

Okay, nobody wants to hug me unless money is exchanged.

You'll be easy to spot, then. Just go for the mean looking bear in the corner and hug it out this year! :thumbup:

Just try that and see what happens.

• Like 1

The atmosphere is great. People are having fun and it shows. Walking around with your cosplay, getting pictures with everyone is just great.

Part of what I love about conventions is meeting new people; this didn't really happen for me at LFCC... until last year. Attending the forum meet-ups was the best idea ever! I met some great people that made my convention all the better, this helped me have some very cool conversations with random strangers at queues, and we have kept in contact the whole year.

The atmosphere is great. People are having fun and it shows. Walking around with your cosplay, getting pictures with everyone is just great.

Part of what I love about conventions is meeting new people; this didn't really happen for me at LFCC... until last year. Attending the forum meet-ups was the best idea ever! I met some great people that made my convention all the better, this helped me have some very cool conversations with random strangers at queues, and we have kept in contact the whole year.

Didn't really get meeting people at last year's LFCC. Hoping that will change this year, though! :thumbup::clap::smile:

• Like 1

My friend was jealous of me when I met Zach Galligan! She's always looking at the photo of him and I now. :lol:

My friend was jealous of me when I met Zach Galligan! She's always looking at the photo of him and I now. :lol:

hehehe even my brothers friends were jealous when he showed them some of my pics rofl it is awesome that we get this chance to meet them.... forget sandy beaches would rather spend my money on cons lol going to lfcc costs me a pretty penny with flights hotel etc but worth it

• Like 1