Places to eat

Poisonfish

I just wanted to post this. My last year's impressions.

There is a Pizza Express at Olympia. And MASSIVE queues at lunchtime. Like if people didn't spend enough time queuing at the event itself.

However, just across the road from Olympia there was a lovely Persian restaurant. And it was completely empty. Delicious food and inexpensive (i paid about £15 for 2-course meal and soft drink).

Not advertising here or anything, just saying -- save yourselves from another queue.

Anyone else recommend a nice place to eat nearby?

I just bought a sandwich and a drink from some of the other eateries. Didn't have any ling queues.

I know the eatery on the first floor near the Suicide Squad costumes has seating, but it's usually full and most of their sandwiches had something I didn't like i.e. tomatoes.

if you're wanting to, you can get on the bus to Hammersmith (the bus is next to the Tesco) and Hammersmith has places like KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Subway and Wetherspoons (which is next to the Holiday Inn Express) and it's only £1.50 per person per way so you'd be spending £3 on a trip to and from Hammersmith and Olympia.

Westfield Shopping Centre by Shepherds Bush station has a huge variety of restaurants and fast food places.

Stayed near there last year and the food court especially had good food at reasonable prices.

5 minute train ride from right outside Olympia

Me and my friends tend to wait until we get back to earls court until we eat. there are many fast food restaurants around that area and this time we are staying in a proper hotel chain so it will have a proper restaurant so i may just eat there. here are some tips i will give you on what i do some years. If your hotel or wherever your staying has breakfast take some fruit, some rolls and whatever other stuff that will last. make up a roll with cheese or ham or whatever and wrap it up and tuck it away in a part of the bag that it wont get smushed in. always ALWAYS! stop somewhere to buy a good size bottle of water. the water at the event is pretty pricey i found and not worth it. i mean there was a shop around the corner from my hotel in earls court i visit every year run by a lovely indian family who recognize me each time and the bottles of water are like some amount of pence. not even a pound.

The reason i mention oranges or apples or whatevs is because of the natural sugar in them. you will need that as you will be spending hours standing in an overheated room so this can help. im not a healthy eater myself but found with the water and fruit i kept myself well happy ^_^

• Like 1

Westfield Shopping Centre by Shepherds Bush station has a huge variety of restaurants and fast food places.

Stayed near there last year and the food court especially had good food at reasonable prices.

Indeed.

Went there for a Cheeky Nando's on the Sunday last year.

Me and my friends tend to wait until we get back to earls court until we eat. there are many fast food restaurants around that area and this time we are staying in a proper hotel chain so it will have a proper restaurant so i may just eat there. here are some tips i will give you on what i do some years. If your hotel or wherever your staying has breakfast take some fruit, some rolls and whatever other stuff that will last. make up a roll with cheese or ham or whatever and wrap it up and tuck it away in a part of the bag that it wont get smushed in. always ALWAYS! stop somewhere to buy a good size bottle of water. the water at the event is pretty pricey i found and not worth it. i mean there was a shop around the corner from my hotel in earls court i visit every year run by a lovely indian family who recognize me each time and the bottles of water are like some amount of pence. not even a pound.

The reason i mention oranges or apples or whatevs is because of the natural sugar in them. you will need that as you will be spending hours standing in an overheated room so this can help. im not a healthy eater myself but found with the water and fruit i kept myself well happy ^_^

But why would you nick fruit from the breakfast when there are usually mini muffins and pain au chocolat available?

But why would you nick fruit from the breakfast when there are usually mini muffins and pain au chocolat available

omg where do you stay? i never see mini muffins and the other at my places. save me some lmao

But why would you nick fruit from the breakfast when there are usually mini muffins and pain au chocolat available

omg where do you stay? i never see mini muffins and the other at my places. save me some lmao

I thought everywhere had mini muffins or at least brioche

Nope! lol the most i had one year was most random. a basket full of hard boiled eggs >.>

Nope! lol the most i had one year was most random. a basket full of hard boiled eggs >.>

I'm gonna guess we stayed at the same place, but I'd already stolen all the good stuff :angel:

Indeed.

I went to Five Guys last time :wub:

I love that the con is at Olympia as always happy to pay a visit to Westfield too!

• Like 1

Indeed.

I went to Five Guys last time :wub:

I love that the con is at Olympia as always happy to pay a visit to Westfield too!

Man, I love Five Guys. They just opened one in my city, but I haven't been able to go yet - it's always ridiculously crowded. It's a required visit anytime I'm in London!

• Like 1

I'm gonna guess we stayed at the same place, but I'd already stolen all the good stuff :angel:

Bruh.... :crying: