Hamlet Help!

Count Fooku

Not strictly related to Sherlocked but it feels like this might be the best forum to post this in! I'm just sorting out my theatre programmes and as part of that thought it was worth making a note where any of them have been signed, who they have been signed by. This brings me to my problem, when I saw Cumberbatch's Hamlet, I got signatures from a few of the cast but I'm now struggling to identify who a lot of them are! Downside of stage door autographs is they aren't always the clearest! So I was wondering if any of you could help with who any of them are. I can say for sure that none of Cumberbatch, Hinds,Hille or Norton signed it, but I'm pretty sure Barry Aird and Rudi Dharmalingam and possibly Matthew Steer did sign it, I think maybe Leo Bill did as well but my memory is a bit hazy! Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_1263_zpstjjogep3.jpg

I managed to get a couple signed (With Ben on both :clap: )

Here's what I have: On this one I've got it noted that it's Leo Bill (gold in the middle), Rudy Dharmalingam and Matthew Steer, and I think Jim Norton is the blue one. But I don't think Rudi is correct, though the bottom right could be a 'Mat Steer' maybe?

20170208_204650.jpg

Edited by Raylenth

20170208_204330.jpg

On this one, Ciaran Hinds is in the middle in blue with Leo Bill to the left, Jan Shepherd bottom right. Jim Norton again just below 'William Shakespeare' I think and maybe Matthew Steer again by Jim.

Not sure of the rest.

Edited by Raylenth

Of yours I'd guess the second down looks like it might be Barry Aird? Given the picture below

Your top right and bottom right I've got as well and don't know who they are.

Bottom Middle is definitely Rudi.

Edited by Raylenth

Thanks for your help, I'd seen that last image you'd posted online as well but it did t show the whole cast and not too many of them looked like the ones I had!

I think my memory must be playing tricks on me because I was sure Leo Bill did sign it but none of mine look like the examples on your programmes which are quite clearly his name. You have confirmed what I thought about Barry and Rudi though.

Next time I'll make a note of who has signed where as they do it!

Trouble is it's a good intention to try and do that but I'm sure as you well know it's a lot harder in practice. I had them noted down for the less signed one I have and now it turns out I had 2 of the 4 of them wrong!

When they are coming out of the door thick and fast and you're juggling pens, program, belongings and trying to get the signatures whilst competing with everyone else I think it would be a feat worthy of legend if you managed to note down who signed and where at the same time!

Unfortunately I can't find any other images of signed programs at the moment that aren't just Ben's on Ebay.

Edited by Raylenth

The annoying thing is for a while I did know exactly who was who because I was looking over people's shoulders who were getting the bio pages signed so I could see who they were, but it's only now that I realise time has played tricks with my memory!

If you do manage to find anything out it would be good, but if not, thanks for checking anyway!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

A further heads up, if you haven't seen it elsewhere. We may be waiting a while though....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/hamlet-bbc-two-andrew-scott

Cheers m'dears :D

P.S. while trying to click the emoticons window to look at all of them, I may have accidentally clicked on "report post" in Littlemisstrouble6179's post above. No offence meant. Sorry!

Edited by maggiem
  • Like 1