Diamond Pass Question

sorry for bumping the thread but im a bit concerned now. do we have to pick up diamond passes on the friday after we've got into the con? will they be posted to us? whats happening?

going for the passes in the morning is going to make getting decent numbered VQ tickets for any other guests people want to meet a pain. 

may have to hire a friend to pick up VQ tix for me

Edited by josh-hammond

Collection only Josh.  We don't have the details yet but last year you could collect them at any time once you were inside - they had a table set up in the general entry queuing hall.

There may be the opportunity to collect them on the Thursday like they did last year, but again we have to wait for Showmasters to decide and announce if that's going to happen this year but unless you need a diamond pass as soon as you get in on the friday, you can go in and get your VQ's and come back.

Alternatively, if they start collection early before the doors open, you can leave the queue and go over if it's in the same hall again but that relies on either having a friend to save where you are in the queue or asking and trusting the people queuing around you to save your space if you are on your own.

Edited by Raylenth

I read through the FAQ, but couldn't find an answer to this question - if you have a Diamond pass for a specific guest and have more than 5 items you want signed, can you go through the line when your number is called and then return another time to go through the line again to get more items signed?

2 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

I read through the FAQ, but couldn't find an answer to this question - if you have a Diamond pass for a specific guest and have more than 5 items you want signed, can you go through the line when your number is called and then return another time to go through the line again to get more items signed?

As long as you have a valid VQ ticket, yes

2 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

That should be answered in the FAQ. Yes you can, but you will need a Virtual Que Ticket.

27 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Collection only Josh.  We don't have the details yet but last year you could collect them at any time once you were inside - they had a table set up in the general entry queuing hall.

There may be the opportunity to collect them on the Thursday like they did last year, but again we have to wait for Showmasters to decide and announce if that's going to happen this year but unless you need a diamond pass as soon as you get in on the friday, you can go in and get your VQ's and come back.

Alternatively, if they start collection early before the doors open, you can leave the queue and go over if it's in the same hall again but that relies on either having a friend to save where you are in the queue or asking and trusting the people queuing around you to save your space if you are on your own.

ok, well i may dash in, grab VQ tix and then go get diamond passes. 

I dont need a VQ for my diamond pass guests, right? (sorry, im not used to all this diamond pass-iness. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, josh-hammond said:

ok, well i may dash in, grab VQ tix and then go get diamond passes. 

I dont need a VQ for my diamond pass guests, right? (sorry, im not used to all this diamond pass-iness. 

No you don't, have a looks at the FAQ page as diamonds are covered in there as well.

17 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I was going to jokingly ask about upgrading to a Platinum pass for BC but thought that might spark a flurry of panic.  So I didn't :whistling:

Don't. Just... don't. Otherwise I swear I will leave it to you to deal with the inevitable consequences. :saiyan:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Naah I won't!

And just to be absolutely clear if anyone reads this: I am joking.  There are no Platinum passes for BC.  It's Diamond or VQ's.

But the man at the pub who sold me one assured me... 

Aww dangit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Aww dangit.

Since when are you allowed in Pubs again? :P

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Naah I won't!

And just to be absolutely clear if anyone reads this: I am joking.  There are no Platinum passes for BC.  It's Diamond or VQ's.

There is also no "ask your local mod and they'll get you in."

Again not joking. Meanwhile 11 People have asked me - and frankly, I don't have the foggiest idea who most of them are - and Stuart is at 3.

I guarantee you, if I could get ANYONE in the Benedict autograph line my own butt would come first!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There is also no "ask your local mod and they'll get you in."

Again not joking. Meanwhile 11 People have asked me - and frankly, I don't have the foggiest idea who most of them are - and Stuart is at 3.

I guarantee you, if I could get ANYONE in the Benedict autograph line my own butt would come first!

I'd say 'really?!' but it actually doesn't surprise me.  People will try anything.  I hope you set them straight!

Edited by Raylenth

39 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:
51 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Aww dangit.

Ok fine, it was the toilets in the park.

Hoping someone can help me. We will have gold passes but got diamond tickets mostly for the sunday. We dont plan on attending the talks etc with the diamonds but im wondering as we are staying at a hotel on the sat, will we be able to go in with our gold pass on the sat afternoon to collect our diamond passes for the sunday (too save time on the sunday ). and if so what time does the con end sat?

9 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

Hoping someone can help me. We will have gold passes but got diamond tickets mostly for the sunday. We dont plan on attending the talks etc with the diamonds but im wondering as we are staying at a hotel on the sat, will we be able to go in with our gold pass on the sat afternoon to collect our diamond passes for the sunday (too save time on the sunday ). and if so what time does the con end sat?

You will not be able to pick up the tickets without an entry ticket for Saturday. The event closes on 6 PM as stated both in the FAQ and on the main website.

sorry isnt the gold pass for the whole weekend tho? 

4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You will not be able to pick up the tickets without an entry ticket for Saturday. The event closes on 6 PM as stated both in the FAQ and on the main website.

12 minutes ago, pinkxxl said:

sorry isnt the gold pass for the whole weekend tho? 

I think it's just the way it's been phrased pink, Queen means as long as you have the appropriate valid ticket for the day you want to collect your diamond passes then you can enter, so yes, with a gold you can go in everyday.  You will need to have collected your gold pass first though obviously.

A good few people ask if can go in and collect their diamond passes on days they don't have entry tickets for.