The 3rd Annual Forum Meet Up and Great LFCC Geek Off!

1. PenThePirate (+ at least 4)
2. Wrong Name
3. wjbleming (+1 more than likely)
4. John1980 (solo)
5. Mario (+5, probably)
6. Chrisrus (+1)
7. natedammit (-1)
8. XIII (very doubtful now)
9.Optimistic-Skye (+1) 
10. Kyvire
11. Chazzley (+4)
12. whitewillow (alone for the time being)
13. Definitely a Lady, responding to peer pressure, Raylenth
14. Rory McGarrett
15. RomeroSavini (allll byyy myseelff)
16. Wondermoose (might be +1)
17. Saul
18. Tom Beaker +1

19. Tenaciousspirit (possibly an extra 1/2 people)

6 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

I don't have Facebook or social media Im afraid, so hopefully any pertinent updates (like a sudden change of venue) will be posted here! :)

The venue will not be changed! Or a certain pirate will be forced to walk the plank... :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mekare said:

so tempted to go just normally so shattered afterwards.. but i love a good quiz used  make and hold quizzes years ago

It's well worth it and most people find they get a second wind once they are there. I would advise not going back to a hotel before going to the pub, like a certain mod once did as it very likely that you will not make it back out again!

So... Small Meet Up Announcement.

Having been to the venue tonight to tie up some loose ends there are a few things that I can tell you about the evening.

At the moment we are likely to be using the main part of the pub section, which is the front of the venue for those who have attended before. As we know, depending on numbers, we may end up spreading further back, but do get there as early as possible to get yourselves a seat.

I have spoken to the team there about using their media facilities, and although there are TVs in the pub, we are still unsure as to whether we will be able to get something on all of them, as apparently they are not on a closed circuit system, so may have to use just the one if at all. (if anyone can help me out with this on Thursday, I would appreciate it!) However I will make sure that there is a back up plan for the pictures round as before.

It looks like I will be able to save my voice and use their sound system to plug a mic through, which should provide better coverage through the venue so that everyone can hear me properly. I will also be able to use their system for the music round, so that should be better too.

In regards to the food situation... They will definitely have a burger! It's not a specific LFCC burger, and I am still working to get a discount on stuff for us, but there is definitely a burger on the menu despite the fact that it is changing next week. I have asked them to make sure they over order on the burgers, and will re-iterate this when they email me next with an update. Unfortunately there is no veggie burger option, but there will be vegetarian dishes on the menu. The price of the burger at the mo is £13.95, but hoping to get that reduced a little.

The menu says that it is "The Classic Crown Burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce served with coleslaw and french fries"

So there's that for now.

With regards to drinks, I am still trying to work out some drinks deals too, but have told them to over order on the post mix and the Kraken rum, as I know we drank them out of at least those last time!

Hopefully will have some more news in the coming days... am working on the Marvel round and the Music round this evening for you lovely lot!

Stay geeky, my friends.

Pen x

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, PenThePirate said:

So... Small Meet Up Announcement.

Having been to the venue tonight to tie up some loose ends there are a few things that I can tell you about the evening.

At the moment we are likely to be using the main part of the pub section, which is the front of the venue for those who have attended before. As we know, depending on numbers, we may end up spreading further back, but do get there as early as possible to get yourselves a seat.

I have spoken to the team there about using their media facilities, and although there are TVs in the pub, we are still unsure as to whether we will be able to get something on all of them, as apparently they are not on a closed circuit system, so may have to use just the one if at all. (if anyone can help me out with this on Thursday, I would appreciate it!) However I will make sure that there is a back up plan for the pictures round as before.

It looks like I will be able to save my voice and use their sound system to plug a mic through, which should provide better coverage through the venue so that everyone can hear me properly. I will also be able to use their system for the music round, so that should be better too.

In regards to the food situation... They will definitely have a burger! It's not a specific LFCC burger, and I am still working to get a discount on stuff for us, but there is definitely a burger on the menu despite the fact that it is changing next week. I have asked them to make sure they over order on the burgers, and will re-iterate this when they email me next with an update. Unfortunately there is no veggie burger option, but there will be vegetarian dishes on the menu. The price of the burger at the mo is £13.95, but hoping to get that reduced a little.

The menu says that it is "The Classic Crown Burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce served with coleslaw and french fries"

So there's that for now.

With regards to drinks, I am still trying to work out some drinks deals too, but have told them to over order on the post mix and the Kraken rum, as I know we drank them out of at least those last time!

Hopefully will have some more news in the coming days... am working on the Marvel round and the Music round this evening for you lovely lot!

Stay geeky, my friends.

Pen x

You're sure putting in a lot of work for this! Thanks man can't wait

1 hour ago, PenThePirate said:

Yep, that's because the thread was put on months ago and it takes a little time to get into people's sphere of thinking :)

Or is it because nobody cares and you should probably cancel the whole thing? I wouldn't want you to be left sat in the pub all alone if nobody shows.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

Or is it because nobody cares and you should probably cancel the whole thing? I wouldn't want you to be left sat in the pub all alone if nobody shows.

Don't worry. I'm sure we will be fine. 

On 7/10/2017 at 4:58 PM, tenaciouspirit said:

1. PenThePirate (+ at least 4)
2. Wrong Name
3. wjbleming (+1 more than likely)
4. John1980 (solo)
5. Mario (+5, probably)
6. Chrisrus (+1)
7. natedammit (-1)
8. XIII (very doubtful now)
9.Optimistic-Skye (+1) 
10. Kyvire
11. Chazzley (+4)
12. whitewillow (alone for the time being)
13. Definitely a Lady, responding to peer pressure, Raylenth
14. Rory McGarrett
15. RomeroSavini (allll byyy myseelff)
16. Wondermoose (might be +1)
17. Saul
18. Tom Beaker +1

19. Tenaciousspirit (possibly an extra 1/2 people)

Aye why not.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2017 at 10:02 PM, Wrong Name said:

It's well worth it and most people find they get a second wind once they are there. I would advise not going back to a hotel before going to the pub, like a certain mod once did as it very likely that you will not make it back out again!

lol thats where i am lucky i dont have a hotel to go back to as i live just outside of croydon so not far for me to go, 

• Like 3

On 11/07/2017 at 8:56 AM, PenThePirate said:

And now I am under even more pressure!

haha i think maybe you might be better at making quizzes then me i haven't made one in a while picture round were always fun even did a film clip round once 

• Like 1