Latest Sports Guest Announcement - PELE

showmasters

Got my ticket ready - now the hard part!

Those that have purchased Pele diamond tickets please help me decide what to get signed! My preference is a Brazil football shirt but which one?

Also be nice for more than just Pele signature and something a bit more individual from most shirts that are available (i.e. ebay) - want it to stand out more as genuine for my office wall.

Any suggestions is much appreciated!

I'm going with my replica 1970 World Cup shirt that I had signed by six members of that team.

But if you are after something a little different have thought about getting a 1958 World Cup shirt signed? It was the first time Brazil won the World Cup and Pele was voted the tournaments best young player.

• Like 1

Hi all,

My first time attending such an exciting event - and what a way to do it, by meeting Pele :)

Like others I can't afford the Diamond, but I have bought a Photo Session with Pele, can some one briefly let me know how it all works please, as I have printed off my ticket and bought a Standard entry for the Sunday June 4th, so I am all set to turn up at NEC in Birmingham.

I have also got a photo session with Geoff Hurst what happens if they are both open at the same time, for example 11am, who do I go see first? also how do I know where to go? do i enter the main entrance to NEC? do I queue up or take a ticket with a number on and get called when its my turn? (like the doctors lol) I really have no idea...

thanks for any information guys n gals :)

Hi all,

My first time attending such an exciting event - and what a way to do it, by meeting Pele :)

Like others I can't afford the Diamond, but I have bought a Photo Session with Pele, can some one briefly let me know how it all works please, as I have printed off my ticket and bought a Standard entry for the Sunday June 4th, so I am all set to turn up at NEC in Birmingham.

I have also got a photo session with Geoff Hurst what happens if they are both open at the same time, for example 11am, who do I go see first? also how do I know where to go? do i enter the main entrance to NEC? do I queue up or take a ticket with a number on and get called when its my turn? (like the doctors lol) I really have no idea...

thanks for any information guys n gals :)

Hi Kristan,

For the photos, a schedule will be posted on here roughly 10 days to a week before the show. This will have a list of what time and what photo area the photos will take place. The e-ticket you got will have a batch number written on it (usually in the bottom left). Once at the show, you will be called up in batch numbers to be able to queue. The order is Diamond passes first (for guests that have them), then Gold pass holders, then batch 1, batch 2, etc. This saves on a mad rush to the queue. If a guest has more than one photo session in that day, then it is likely that later batch numbers will not be called until the later session. You can join the queue any time after your batch number has been called, so if you have a batch 1 ticker, after batch ones are called, you can queue up whenever during that guest's shoot, including the later session in the day, if applicable. If you have photoshoots that clash, go to the one that finishes soonest first, let a crew member know that you have a clash and they will do their best to get you through as quickly as possible so you can make both. The actual shoots can be very quick, and I have not known many people to miss out on photos due to clashes.

Autographs work differently, as you can only buy them on the day (unless you use the preorder service which is mainly for people who cannot attend the event). The guests will be sitting at tables and if they are fairly quiet you can go up and pay either at the desk you get to before the guest, or pay the crew member sitting with the guest, depending on how that guest is set up. With the busier guests, a VQ (Virtual Queue) ticket system will be in place. In this case a crew member will be standing at the end of the guest's queue, handing out pieces of paper with the guest's name and a number written on it. Also at the end of a queue will be a sign that states which numbers can queue, eg 0-100, or 0-200 etc. Once your number has been called then you will be able to join the queue. The same as photos you can join anytime after your number has been called.

As for entry, I'm sure it will be obvious where to queue to get in on the day (follow the cosplayers!) but as I haven't been to an event in the NEC, I can't tell you exactly where it will be I'm afraid.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have, there's a load of us on here that are happy to help :)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for your time and feedback here, very helpful - its a good 2+ hour drive for me and the trains are soooo expensive (£70 return from Cambridge)

looking at my tickets, I am Batch 1 for both Pele and Hurst, but I suspect Hurst wont be as busy as Pele, so I could be in and out with Hurst then join the queue for Pele maybe. but as you say, I shall check the times a week before the day to plan properly :)

So on the other post about ian Wright, he would be sat on a table like Paul Gaza etc, and if they are quiet enough I could just walk up and pay £20 and ask for a photo which is cool, but do they stand up for the photo or do you have to lean over them as they sit at the table? do we take the photo ourselves on our camera or do the staff take the photo and hand it to us?

thanks again and so sorry for all the questions! :)

So on the other post about ian Wright, he would be sat on a table like Paul Gaza etc, and if they are quiet enough I could just walk up and pay £20 and ask for a photo which is cool, but do they stand up for the photo or do you have to lean over them as they sit at the table? do we take the photo ourselves on our camera or do the staff take the photo and hand it to us?

There's no set answer there Kristian, as it's a discretionary thing there's no official format. You can ask the crew member to take it or take it yourself as a selfie. The guest may stand up or you may just have to lean over, last year at LFCC Mads M came around the desk for me, but that is unusual.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your time and feedback here, very helpful - its a good 2+ hour drive for me and the trains are soooo expensive (£70 return from Cambridge)

looking at my tickets, I am Batch 1 for both Pele and Hurst, but I suspect Hurst wont be as busy as Pele, so I could be in and out with Hurst then join the queue for Pele maybe. but as you say, I shall check the times a week before the day to plan properly :)

If you're talking about the photo that you've paid for, this will not be done at the signing desk. This will be in a separate photo area at a certain time with a professional setup. Some guests will allow photos at their signing table that will be free, as Showmasters don't agree with paying for over-the-table photos. There will be signs up if photos are not allowed, or not posed photos - so you can take a picture but the guest will not pose for it. As for them standing or not, this changes depending on the guest. I've known some to stand behind the table, some stand out in front of the table the whole time, some sit, it really is up to them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, urbanspeechbubble said:

What exactly does the montage consist of in regards what you get in the platinum ticket? Can you get more than 1 autograph if purchasing this package? Many thanks.

The montage hasn't been revealed and is unlikely to be.  You will probably only see it when you collect it, at least that's what has happened with previous Diamond Pass items in the past.

Usually you can purchase extra autographs (as per the VQ ticket rules) unless stated otherwise but I don't recall it being stated in Pele's case.  However when tickets are as limited as this it's usually the number included in the package and that's it.  The mods will need to weigh in on this one officially though, but they may not be sure themselves and as it's a bank holiday weekend there isn't going to be anyone in the office until Tuesday for them to ask.

• Like 1

Having looked at the first post again urban it does say The only autographs being signed per day are the 75 Diamond pass ones.  I would take this to mean that you can't buy extra and it's the one included in the package only

• Like 1

Thanks Raylenth. One other thing, I have message Showmasters on Facebook and two alternate email addresses provided regarding having a chaperone with me with a standard entry ticket, while I have a gold, who is essentially my carer. I suffer severe anxiety and agrophobia and sensory overload is an issue. My carer/partner is essentially my eyes and ears at these events but she has no intention of getting autos or photoshoots. Just coming with me, so can she come in with me on a gold ticket if she has a standard? Nobody has yet got back to me, and it's been over week. Thanks Raylenth.

You would be better emailing extrahelp@showmastersevents.com with the info you've given, urban. They'd be able to help you out with your query there. There's little the mod behind the Facebook page can do other than give you the same email. Hope you get sorted out. :smile:

Give it a couple of days urban, until after the bank holiday and maybe sent it again.  They will get back to you so don't worry about it.  They are very good with attendees who need extra assistance and there's plenty of time until the event.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, urbanspeechbubble said:

I did a few days ago to that exact email wjbleming. Thanks

No problem. As Raylenth said, just give it a few days. There'll be no one in the office with the Easter holidays, so they'll get back to you as soon as they can when they're back in the office, fella. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tickets are not sent out you need to either print or show on your phone.  The important bit is the bar code.  However you will need to look at your photo shoot tickets as that is were it says what batch number you are so you know when to go through for your shoots.