The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

• 2 weeks later...

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

Another solid instalment to end the trilogy (not sure if any more are planned).

Not exactly upbeat as we all know where the story is going, but it links well to the 1968 original.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.  Really enjoyed it and I thought good cast choice.

Daddy's Home 2.  Enjoyed this also, and I thought slightly funnier than the first one even.

Murder on the Orient Express:  Ok, but not much of a storyline and a daft ending in my opinion, however, I have never read the book (or seen any other adaptation) so I don't know how faithful this film is.  Plus with such a large all star cast, most of the actors only had a few lines to say.

Baby Driver.  Surprisingly good, enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to.

Get Out a comedy horror with a subject of race issues, which doesn't sound like it would be good viewing, but it is a fairly decent film, definitely worth seeing if you haven't already.

Wonder Woman: Too long and too boring.

Annabelle: Creation:  Never saw the end as I fell asleep, although if it was anything like the first hour, I don't think I missed anything.

Delicatessen: Don't know how I've only just seen this now but what a weird and wonderful black French comedy.

Men and Chicken: I only watched this because Mads Mikkelsen is in it but another weird and wonderful black comedy.

Molly’s Game - Amazing! Can’t believe it happened in real life. 

Daddy’s Home 2 - Enjoyable. Actually found it funnier the second time around. 

Justice League - Really enjoyed it. 100% better than BvsS.

The Disaster Artist - Incredible!! 

Happy Death Day - Loved it!!! 

Paddington 2 - Such a lovely family film.

A quick catch up as we're close to the end of the year:

Murder on the Orient Express - I didn't know the ending to this so I really enjoyed it! Everything was over the top (especially Kenneth Branagh's moustache and accent!) and just good fun, well, for a murder mystery.

Justice League - Bit of a mess. Felt like what it was, which was a Zach Synder movie mashed together with a Joss Whedon one, with the lamest villain of the year. Way better than Bats vs Sups but still nowhere near as good as Marvel.

The Last Jedi - I'll try to do this without specific spoilers. So disappointed. Massive story holes which lead to pointless scenes. once again riding on nostalgia for big sections instead of going it's own way. There were some good moments, but the bad points were so stupid that it outweighs them in my view. I put it on a level with Revenge of the Sith. I LOVED the Porgs though!