The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

9 hours ago, Raylenth said:
9 hours ago, Bumper8 said:

Nightcrawler.

Really good film- Jake Gyllenhaal is excellent in this.

I saw it for the first time a few months ago, it's certainly an interesting film.

I watched the first 20 minutes. Couldn't be bothered to finish it.

9 hours ago, natedammit said:

I watched the first 20 minutes. Couldn't be bothered to finish it.

You should persevere with it natedammit just to see how far Louis Bloom goes to achieve his goals; he's a psychopath (and then some!)

On 9/3/2017 at 1:06 PM, The Friendly Dalek said:

Death Note

I thought it was ok. Not terrible, but not great either. There were many changes that I was not very happy with. Easily the best part of the film was Willam Defoe as Ryuk (it's just a shame he had barely any screen time).

I thought about watching this...  Do you recommend it?

It.  Was ok,  Even with making it a (presumably) 2 parter they still lost a lot from the book which lessened it a bit as we lost a lot of the building of the deep relationship between the kids which was a shame.  It's a hard book to tackle as it's a seriously large tome - hence it originally being made into a mini series as it gave them the time totell the story properly.

However as  film on its own, without comparing it to the previous incarnations it was alright.  I wasn't scared at any point but rarely am, and I know the story, but it was an acceptable film.

15 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It.  Was ok,  Even with making it a (presumably) 2 parter they still lost a lot from the book which lessened it a bit as we lost a lot of the building of the deep relationship between the kids which was a shame.  It's a hard book to tackle as it's a seriously large tome - hence it originally being made into a mini series as it gave them the time totell the story properly.

However as  film on its own, without comparing it to the previous incarnations it was alright.  I wasn't scared at any point but rarely am, and I know the story, but it was an acceptable film.

That's disappointing.  I was looking forward to seeing a scary Stephen King film.  I haven't read the book or seen previous screen adaptations, so I've got nothing to compare it too but I was at least hoping for scary.

4 minutes ago, Stassy said:

That's disappointing.  I was looking forward to seeing a scary Stephen King film.  I haven't read the book or seen previous screen adaptations, so I've got nothing to compare it too but I was at least hoping for scary.

I haven't read the book either but I have seen the old mini series. I have seen many people state that this new version is both brilliant and terrifying, but for the most part I agree with Raylenth's review. I thought the kids were excellent and very entertaining, but for the most part, the horror was poor and the use of cgi took me out of it on many occasions.

5 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

I haven't read the book either but I have seen the old mini series. I have seen many people state that this new version is both brilliant and terrifying, but for the most part I agree with Raylenth's review. I thought the kids were excellent and very entertaining, but for the most part, the horror was poor and the use of cgi took me out of it on many occasions.

I am on the fence over watching this. I didn't think much of the original and have not read the book. I do though love horror movies and it has got mostly positive comments on Facebook.

54 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

I am on the fence over watching this. I didn't think much of the original and have not read the book. I do though love horror movies and it has got mostly positive comments on Facebook.

I did enjoy it. It's the kids that make the film. Their acting and interaction throughout is great and reminded me very much of Stranger Things which was ironically based on films/shows like the original IT mini series. One of the ST kids is even one of them, but he is playing a very different type of character so it doesn't feel the same. I'd say go watch it because of that. If you want to go and see a film that will stop you from sleeping at night and freaking out while you are watching it, this is not that film.

Tbh, I'm 100% with Wrong with It. As I said, I really enjoyed, but, it wasn't that scary to me. Bit eerie once or twice, but that was it. It's to each their own with movies like these, each person reacts differently, but I did enjoy it nonetheless (Beverly made a good shot in their first big encounter with Pennywise, probably one of my favourite parts of the film, lol)

I'd recommend seeing it, though. Really. It is a pretty good movie.

8 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Tbh, I'm 100% with Wrong with It. As I said, I really enjoyed, but, it wasn't that scary to me. Bit eerie once or twice, but that was it. It's to each their own with movies like these, each person reacts differently, but I did enjoy it nonetheless (Beverly made a good shot in their first big encounter with Pennywise, probably one of my favourite parts of the film, lol)

I'd recommend seeing it, though. Really. It is a pretty good movie.

It's a silly thing but my biggest gripe was that the fake river stones were a bit too fake.  They had a bit too much bounce to them.  I don't expect them to make the kids chuck real stones at each other but they were a bit polystyreney. 

I'm pretty sure a chap sitting next to me started crying at the closing scenes as he was wiping his eyes a lot.

I've kept a list of the films I watched over the last month, but I only wrote down one word for each film. I need some help working what I watched please:

Kubo; Ouija; Silent; China; Popstar; Secret; Best; Gifts; When; Chicken; Angry.

(Ok, some of them are obvious, but there's genuinely a couple there that I can't work out.)

On 9/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, natedammit said:

I've kept a list of the films I watched over the last month, but I only wrote down one word for each film. I need some help working what I watched please:

Kubo; Ouija; Silent; China; Popstar; Secret; Best; Gifts; When; Chicken; Angry.

(Ok, some of them are obvious, but there's genuinely a couple there that I can't work out.)

Well thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate that.