The films you've seen, in 2017

natedammit

Spider-Man: Homecoming I find OK, I don't understand why people are saying it's by far the best Spider-Man movie. I massively prefer the first two of the Raimi trilogy than this one. Michael Keaton was great, on par with Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina. If found the new one a bit more changed for the worst. I didn't like what they did to Flash Thompson, and Scorpion and Shocker were wasted like Paul Giamatti's Rhino. I also thought that there wasn't much threat, I know it is a superhero movie! with over Spider-Man films and other Marvel films in general the heroes are sometimes hurt and vunreable, but not Spider-Man in this movie

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, joeld said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming I find OK, I don't understand why people are saying it's by far the best Spider-Man movie. I massively prefer the first two of the Raimi trilogy than this one. Michael Keaton was great, on par with Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina. If found the new one a bit more changed for the worst. I didn't like what they did to Flash Thompson, and Scorpion and Shocker were wasted like Paul Giamatti's Rhino. I also thought that there wasn't much threat, I know it is a superhero movie! with over Spider-Man films and other Marvel films in general the heroes are sometimes hurt and vunreable, but not Spider-Man in this movie

It's not quite as good as Raimi's 2nd movie and like I said it is slightly overrated, its a good superhero movie, but wouldn't regard it as being one of the greatest or best even... 

I'm really excited for War for the Planet Of the Apes, but its Baby Driver next for me, I'm a little behind at the moment. 

Edited by space_dementia

On 11/07/2017 at 9:02 PM, SSiebum said:

Oh I really loved it! So sorry for my late reply, I just saw this.

No worries! :smile:

I'm really thinking about going to see this film!  Even if I don't manage to catch it in the cinema, I do plan on seeing it. :smile:

Spiderman - Honecoming and John Wick 2.......... Spiderman is the best of Spiderman movies in my own opinion but thats just my opinion.   I really enjoyed it......and John Wick 2 I loved.  loved the 1st one and was not disappointed with the 2nd.  was great.

On 12/06/2017 at 10:20 PM, Wrong Name said:

On 10/01/2017 at 6:35 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

Let's see if I can remember! (Yes, my memory is that bad!)

Cinema: 

Rouge One - Third time seeing it, loved it

Passengers - Was enjoyable until the ending

La La Land - Wasn't what I expected it to be. Still not sure if I liked it or not

At Home:

Coherence - My second watch of this film, I highly recommend it to all

Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Love it! Just love it!

The Girl on the Train - Had heard good things about this, but was very disappointed with it

On 21/02/2017 at 9:16 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

On 21/02/2017 at 9:16 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

Ok, just to add to my earlier post...

Jackie,

T2 Trainspotting,

The Lego Batman Movie,

The Great Wall,

Hacksaw Ridge,

Exam,

Doctor Strange,

Moana,

A Monster Calls,

Arrival,

The Edge of Seventeen,

Justice League Dark,

Storks,

American Honey,

The Fisher King,

I think that's it. For now.

On 23/03/2017 at 0:07 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

On 23/03/2017 at 0:07 PM,  Wrong Name said: 

Adding a few more...

John Wick (just a quick reminder before seeing the second one) - Still pew pew good!

John Wick Chapter 2 - more pew pew goodness!

Passengers - ending still sucks

Fences - Not bad, I see why Viola got the oscar

Collateral Beauty - Pretentious and saw the twists coming a mile away

Fantastic Beasts - second time for this. Not a Potter fan but I did love that little mole thing!

Twister, Aliens, Apollo 13 - RIP Bill Paxton

Assassin's Creed - I haven't played the games but that movie was terrible.

Logan - Best Wolverine movie to date, but still had a load of issues with it.

Kong: Skull Island - Very disappointed with a very run-of-the-mill story line. I love Brie Larson and Tom Hiddleston but they are very bad in this film.

Beauty and the Beast - Not bad. Unlike other live action remakes, it's very close to the animated version. Ewan McGregor and Emma Thompson should not have been in it though.

Ghost In The Shell - This was definitely NOT Ghost In The Shell, but I actually enjoyed it. Very Pretty.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 (twice) - Loved it. Not quite as good at the first and it definitely tried too hard with the humour at times, but it was still great.

Young Frankenstein - Had actually never watched this before. I love Mel Brooks films but felt this was over hyped. Was ok, but probably wouldn't watch it again.

Avatar - Seen it many times. I know there are mixed opinions on this film, but I love it!

The Founder - About how McDonald's became McDonald's. Actually enjoyed it, interesting story.

Split - Was not really a fan. Story felt a bit flat and McAvoy was not great in it.

Hidden Figures - Enjoyed it, nice story.

Silence - Very long! Interesting watch though.

Patriot's Day - Story of the Brooklyn bombings. Unbelievable to see the events of what happened.

Colossal - Loved it. Not what I was expecting it to be, but a good film

Alien Covenant - Big disappointment, and I didn't have high hopes. I love Ridley Scott but he needs to stop making these.

King Arthur - No.

Pirates 5 - Better than 4 but not up to the others (and I wasn't overly keen on 2&3). Johnny Depp felt like a parody of his own character.

Wonder Woman - DC's clone of the first Captain America. Best DC movie in a while but nothing amazing.

The Mummy - Just another terrible Tom Cruise action movie with an over use of jump scares. 

Get Out - Had heard good things but this just seemed like another run of the mill thriller/horror to me.

Life - Not bad. Not groundbreaking but I did enjoy it and was on the edge of my seat throughout.

Gifted - Just a nice film. Nothing new or groundbreaking but I liked it.

Transformers 5 - Let's just say I'm not a fan of the Michael Bay Transformers and leave it there.

Baby Driver - Not as much comedy as I was expecting from the trailers (and the fact that it's an Edger Wright film) but still a great film none the less. You could tell he was trying to make it his Tarantino movie.

Spider-Man Homecoming - The best Spidey movie since Spider-Man 2. Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man and Peter Parker we've had. Looking forward to more!

Cars 3 - Back on track (see what I did there!) after the terrible second movie. Not as good as the first but a much more deserving sequel.

War For The Planet Of The Apes - Best of the trilogy if you ask me. I loved it. I was never a fan of the original movies but this trilogy has been great and should be held up as the best way to reboot a franchise.

Dunkirk - Very tense, epic movie. On the edge of my seat the whole way through. The music doesn't let up for the whole film and neither does the drama.

The Circle - Not great, not sure why Tom Hanks was in this. Just seemed like I'd seen the whole thing before. Kind of an attempt at a feature length Black Mirror episode, but not nearly as good.

9 hours ago, Wrong Name said:

Transformers 5 - Let's just say I'm not a fan of the Michael Bay Transformers and leave it there.

Why did you watch it then? If you didn't like the first four what were you expecting from the fifth? A coherent storyline? Actors who weren't just in it for the easy money?

8 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Zootropolis/Zootopia. Pretty cute.

Yeah, and yet somehow pretty cute was enough to win it an Oscar ahead of Kubo; Moana; My Life as a Zucchini; and The Red Turtle. That's not to mention the films that didn't even get nominated. Not that I'm bothered.

25 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Why did you watch it then? If you didn't like the first four what were you expecting from the fifth? A coherent storyline? Actors who weren't just in it for the easy money?

I have an unlimited cinema ticket so it was free. Kinda. I always go at least once a week and nothing else was on so thought what the hell. At least I can say I've seen it when I express my opinion rather than judging a book by it's cover.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I have an unlimited cinema ticket so it was free. Kinda. I always go at least once a week and nothing else was on so thought what the hell. At least I can say I've seen it when I express my opinion rather than judging a book by it's cover.

So what you're really saying is "Don't judge a book by the preceding four books in a series of books by the same author about the same characters doing the same stuff that everyone else who has read the book says is just the same as the first four books"?

Just now, natedammit said:

So what you're really saying is "Don't judge a book by the preceding four books in a series of books by the same author about the same characters doing the same stuff that everyone else who has read the book says is just the same as the first four books"?

I'm saying if I get into an argument with someone who likes the films then they can't win just because I haven't seen them all.

• Like 1