Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

I keep looking at the list of extra's we get as Platinum and getting all excited. It really is good this year. :) Am presuming the group cast photo shoots for Sat/Sun will feature all the guests that are there that specific day and if someone is there both days they'll be in both pictures?

The drinks receptions with guests sound fun too, they'll be a lot of me staring at the guests from across a room thinking.....I wish I was brave enough to go say hi or something :blush:

and then the meet and greet...I've never done one of these before, not really sure what they'll entail. Do you think we can have pics taken with them? I really don't know at this stage.

The parties I didn't bother with last year but I may as well attend them even if just for a little while seeing as I'm at the hotel.

:dance:

• Like 3

I keep looking at the list of extra's we get as Platinum and getting all excited. It really is good this year. :) Am presuming the group cast photo shoots for Sat/Sun will feature all the guests that are there that specific day and if someone is there both days they'll be in both pictures?

The drinks receptions with guests sound fun too, they'll be a lot of me staring at the guests from across a room thinking.....I wish I was brave enough to go say hi or something :blush:

and then the meet and greet...I've never done one of these before, not really sure what they'll entail. Do you think we can have pics taken with them? I really don't know at this stage.

The parties I didn't bother with last year but I may as well attend them even if just for a little while seeing as I'm at the hotel.

:dance:

Meet and greets of old maybe indicative of the style it will take. If I'm thinking right it will probably be a small group of the Plat holders round a table for a short while with one of the guests. You get to sit with them informally and chat basically. Of old photos were allowed but that was with a different event organiser and a loooooooooooong time ago.

Not sure about the cast shots, you're probably right though.

The drinks reception I'll probably be joining you hiding in the corner :smile:

One other thing I was thinking about was the Mycroft office picture that is included. I was initially excited (even though we've already had it at the first Sherlocked) but am not so now that we know what Mycroft has been getting up to in there. I note that there didn't seem to be any secondary doorways leading to an 'on call' type bedroom in there!

The meet and greets sound awesome - let's hope it's this sort of format. I've really enjoyed talking to guests over autos, but it's never long enough to have a proper conversation, so it would be great to have a bit more of a chat. Likewise I'm hoping to do the same at the drinks receptions. It's too good an opportunity to miss!

• Like 1

287 I think If I've worked it out correctly.

I like listening to sensible questions and their responses as you are very knowledgeable on your subjects and the guests careers, whereas I have a mind like a leaky sieve so won't have much to say to them at all. I'm hoping we find out who we will all be having them with before the event so I can have a bit of a think to see if there is anything I would want to ask/say.

• Like 2

Huh? I must have missed the reference about Mycroft getting up to hanky panky in his office.

Closing segment of The Lying Detecive -

it was pretty suggestive of that as he and Lady Smallwood seemed to be redressing in Mycroft's office. It looked a little more than just putting their coats back on if you know what I mean, the suggestion was that that was what Lady S wanted as a 'making it up to her' from Mycroft. She then gave him her private number so they could arrange to have a 'drink'.

Edited by Raylenth

Just wanted to say - if you don't want to know anything it's best to stay off Twitter till after Sunday as some unscrupulous people who were at the BFI screening of TFP tonight are ignoring the pleas not to post spoilers. I haven't seen anything myself but I've even been avoiding reading interviews so as to have as much surprise as possible, so I will steer clear as much as I can!

• Like 1

Well, it's one of those vague things where you could take it any way you see it really, until they get asked and confirm it either way that is.

To me it's intended to suggest that they did have sex in Mycroft's office as it really looks like they are redressing, Lady S is chcking herself in the mirror in a way that looks more than just putting her coat on, but combined with the tone of the conversation that's the way I saw it. Lady Smallwood even said 'call me' at the end like they had just had a rendevous

.[ /spoiler]

2017-01-12.png

It's at 1hr 24 mins on the episode on Iplayer if you want to rewatch that bit.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Just wanted to say - if you don't want to know anything it's best to stay off Twitter till after Sunday as some unscrupulous people who were at the BFI screening of TFP tonight are ignoring the pleas not to post spoilers. I haven't seen anything myself but I've even been avoiding reading interviews so as to have as much surprise as possible, so I will steer clear as much as I can!

I haven't seen anything myself but I too have seen people commenting that others have posted spoilers. I want to know, to get any pain over with, but I also really don't so I'm not looking for the spoilers.

I nearly went to the viewing tonight but didn't in the end :grump:

So for £11 I think I'll get me a photo on the tilting set of 221b. :thumbup:

I just went to look into buying one and in the additional info about the shoots, it says it's included with VIP and Platinum packages - so you can save your cash, evilfaerie!

Edited by The Pink Lady
  • Like 2

Ahh the tilting set. Interesting. Nice addition but I hope it's easy to get on to it.

I pictured Arwel having to give us all a hand up, and make sure we didn't break any bits off. My legendary clumsiness means I am the prime candidate! Maybe we'll get on it when it's flat and they'll tilt us upwards?

• Like 2

So for £11 I think I'll get me a photo on the tilting set of 221b. :thumbup:

I just went to look into buying one and in the additional info about the shoots, it says it's included with VIP and Platinum packages - so you can save your cash, evilfaerie!

Sweet! That would be funny if they used this one for the cast/crew group shot and we were all balancing in the corner.

• Like 3

Ahh the tilting set. Interesting. Nice addition but I hope it's easy to get on to it.

I pictured Arwel having to give us all a hand up, and make sure we didn't break any bits off. My legendary clumsiness means I am the prime candidate! Maybe we'll get on it when it's flat and they'll tilt us upwards?

Most likely they will just leave it on the side I think so you'll be standing on the wall with the door in it maybe? Less chance of someone falling and having to tilt it with us on would perhaps exclude anyone with any physical disabilities. I can't see any wheelchairs being able to stay stable otherwise :crying: .

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Most likely they will just leave it on the side I think so you'll be standing on the wall with the door in it maybe? Less chance of someone falling and having to tilt it with us on would perhaps exclude anyone with any physical disabilities. I can't see any wheelchairs being able to stay stable otherwise :crying: .

I did have my tongue slightly in my cheek, and I think you're right, but I was hoping for an action shot

• Like 2