Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

9 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Guys, I'm on the fence about attending but may get a ticket tonight to attend over the weekend or even a weekend ticket possibly.

What's this about an e-mail with schedules etc? If I attend as just a regular punter how does that work for queuing for autographs? Am I even likely to get autographs if I'm not buying a silver, platinum entry pass? Really just looking to get Sian's and Marcia's signature, hence my uncertainty about attending...

Any help you give is appreciated!

The schedule is on the website Diabolik.  Package holders have been assigned to a letter group for the photo's and autos so you can see on the schedule they are doing it by letter group instead of 1-30, 1-60 ect.  If you get a day/weekend any photo's you buy and any auto's you want you will go during the spaces that are blank/unlettered. I think you will be fine, Sian's there both days and it's a smaller event so there won't be thousands of people queuing.  The Silver package gets standard photo's included but not main guest auto's so if you only want the 2 it may be better to get a day/weekend pass though you will then have to pay for photo's and auto's and most main stage talks on top of that.

Edited by Raylenth

16 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Evil has now, Jill don't panic, if you don't receive anything go straight the info desk at the venue during opening hours and they will be able to assist you.

Still no email.

I'll be at the hotel early this afternoon, so I'll just go and talk to the nice people when I register.  Its no biggy, but I was planning to be organized and have the timetables printed out and highlight my bits. I'm mildly narked that after buying a platinum ticket, I don't get my timetable. 

I'll print off the timetables from the website.

(and yes, I have checked my junk email folder :)  )

See you all there!!!!

Jill

47 minutes ago, JillR said:

Still no email.

I'll be at the hotel early this afternoon, so I'll just go and talk to the nice people when I register.  Its no biggy, but I was planning to be organized and have the timetables printed out and highlight my bits. I'm mildly narked that after buying a platinum ticket, I don't get my timetable. 

I'll print off the timetables from the website.

(and yes, I have checked my junk email folder :)  )

See you all there!!!!

Jill

I noticed a post on the FB page yesterday, saying there's 10 people as of then that hadn't received their email because the emails bounced or they're unsubscribed. As long as you have your eticket and ID with you when you get there, they'll be able to get you your group when you arrive. :smile:

On a serious note, thank you to ll the crew who were wonderful, very helpful and hardworking.  Especially Mary in the dealer/auto room, the young man on Loo's queue on Sat and the crew shoot this morning and Aimie in the Reg room on Saturday, you were all very helpful and calm in the face of some issues!

• Like 2

Well, that was immense fun. I'm now home, with a bag full of goodies, a heart full of memories and a head full of cold. Even the last can't detract from what was a brilliant event. So much more relaxed than Excel, and with some wonderful extras like the hilarious game show yesterday afternoon. That was a huge highlight, along with Arwel's 221B set tour, for which were were lucky enough to win an auction. I've been to all three UK Sherlockeds, and I think this was the best so far. Thanks to everyone responsible, or who contributed in any way. Wonderful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Pink Lady said:

Well, that was immense fun. I'm now home, with a bag full of goodies, a heart full of memories and a head full of cold. Even the last can't detract from what was a brilliant event. So much more relaxed than Excel, and with some wonderful extras like the hilarious game show yesterday afternoon. That was a huge highlight, along with Arwel's 221B set tour, for which were were lucky enough to win an auction. I've been to all three UK Sherlockeds, and I think this was the best so far. Thanks to everyone responsible, or who contributed in any way. Wonderful. 

The game show was brilliant, I'm so glad they had enough fun with it in the US they put it on again for us.

I don't think we can say loud enough that WE DID THE 221B SET TOUR AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

The game show was brilliant, I'm so glad they had enough fun with it in the US they put it on again for us.

I don't think we can say loud enough that WE DID THE 221B SET TOUR AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER

YES IT WAS! 

Arwel Wyn Jones: a genius, in the guise of a lovely man. Truly we are not worthy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

3 hours ago, The Pink Lady said:

YES IT WAS! 

Arwel Wyn Jones: a genius, in the guise of a lovely man. Truly we are not worthy

Ditto!!!

It was deffo one of the best things from all of my Sherlocked experiences. I've got pics of me sitting in John's chair cuddling his cushion and pretending to drink from one of the beakers from the stag do. Oh and my Rupert kiss. I'm still on cloud nine.

I'm saving up for next year's starting......NOW.

Well I never did get my email :(

But it didn't matter. :)

I had a great time.  It was only my second con ( I went to the first Sherlocked 2 years ago).  The crew were amazing, they were always helpful and cheerful.

Please pass on my thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen!

I agree with everything that's been said, I had a lovely weekend. I'm very glad I decided to go. The guests were lovely, the crew were friendly and helpful despite some difficult situations. The game show was awesome and funny. Will definitely try to add the next one to my agenda.

• Like 2

I had a fantastic time, and am glad to hear there is already plans for another. I agree the crew were all friendly and helpful and I liked to the hotel setting so much more. I thought the photos and auto going by group letter  also worked very well and I loved the drinks reception and the meet and greet.

• Like 3

I was battling with a head cold and cough all week leading up to the con, so I apologise for the noise I made during some of the talks. The problems getting to Birmingham on the Friday didn't help either. Having said all that, I'm so glad I made it!

Never got to the parties (too bloody tired), but made the drinks receptions to meet the guests, and the quiz on Sunday, and was part of the winning team. One thing.... with not needing to get every auto and photo, the schedule was more manageable. I really enjoyed the singalong in the queue for Marcia's photoshoot on Sunday afternoon!

Here'a hoping for better health next year, and that the dates aren't awkward for booking time off work.