Sherlocked UK 2017

showmasters

Hi Gabrie. I know it can be daunting going to an event on your own, especially overseas, but if you do want to come and your friends don't I'm sure you would be fine.  There are a lot of people who go on their own to events.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Hi Gabrie. I know it can be daunting going to an event on your own, especially overseas, but if you do want to come and your friends don't I'm sure you would be fine.  There are a lot of people who go on their own to events.

Heey, 

Yeah i know that's true :lol: i've been to events on my own but not in another country yet 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gabrie1994 said:

Heey, 

Yeah i know that's true :lol: i've been to events on my own but not in another country yet 

I went to the first Sherlocked by myself (travelling from the US). It was great, and really easy to meet new friends there. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Like 3

So I just went to my first LFCC, and I've been considering going to Sherlocked as well for a little while now. Some of the passes are much more expensive than the LFCC ones, so is it possible to buy stuff separately ( photos, autographs, panels ) just like at LFCC even for the bigger guests? 

1 minute ago, s0ni said:

So I just went to my first LFCC, and I've been considering going to Sherlocked as well for a little while now. Some of the passes are much more expensive than the LFCC ones, so is it possible to buy stuff separately ( photos, autographs, panels ) just like at LFCC even for the bigger guests? 

Here's the link to the website where the tickets are summarized. http://www.sherlocked.com/tickets

You are basically thinking of a standard ticket and then buying extra.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, s0ni said:

As Queen says.  Just like LFCC, you can buy entry and add on.  Sherlocked VIP and Plat ticket holders do have queue priority - the same as the gold passes at LFCC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jhw said:

I went to the first Sherlocked by myself (travelling from the US). It was great, and really easy to meet new friends there. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

That sounds so good :lol: i think that i will go then too :lol:  i really hope that Benedict is attending too :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gabrie1994 said:

But first i have to get a bit more money 

I know how that is! I've been to all of the Sherlocked Cons so far and that's the hardest part of all, finding the money to afford them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jhw said:

I know how that is! I've been to all of the Sherlocked Cons so far and that's the hardest part of all, finding the money to afford them.

I know right because i've been to Londom Film and Comic Con this weekend so i get to get pounds for that ofcourse and for other stuff

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gabrie1994 said:

That sounds so good :lol: i think that i will go then too :lol:  i really hope that Benedict is attending too :wub:

I always advise people to assume he won't be and if he is great, if he doesn't then you are prepaired.  :P

• Like 1

The platinum package really is tempting me lol. Anyone know how the drink reception with the guests is like? 

I'm really hoping for BC to go, since he will be in the UK as he is attending the Thor Ragnarok premiere in London apparently, but I don't wanna get my hopes up. 

8 minutes ago, s0ni said:

The platinum package really is tempting me lol. Anyone know how the drink reception with the guests is like? 

I'm really hoping for BC to go, since he will be in the UK as he is attending the Thor Ragnarok premiere in London apparently, but I don't wanna get my hopes up. 

Wow platinum seems really expensive :P

I've got the platinum package and it seems good value for money to me. I've always liked to try to add up the individual items of the package contents and give them a value (the value is just my own personal opinion as some things like the drinks receptions are not sold separately) and this is what I've got so far...

Weekend Pass £99

Guest Photos £120 (so far)

Guest Autos £100 (so far)

Set photos £30 (based on tilting set photo costing £10)

Pre-signed Benedict auto £25 (just a number I picked out of thin air but an in person one was what? £85? at LFCC So I think £25 is cheap.

2 x Drinks Receptions £60 (Not sold so I figure if they were for sale, I'd be willing to pay £30 like a shot to be able to go to one)

Meet and Greet £30 (again not sold but see above)

Talks £50 (last year the paid talks were this amount so am giving them the same value again)

2 x cast group photos (Sat/Sun) £100 (£50 per group shot is a bargain if you add up the individual prices of each guest)

Bag and Art Print £25 ( the previous bags they've given away have been good quality )

This adds up to £639 and we've still got at least 2 guest slots to be filled.and isn't even taking into consideration the value placed on having great seats in the talks and priority queuing which surely has to be worth another £100 at LEAST (priceless really)

so yes, the initial outlay SEEMS a lot but the experience we will get in return?? Well worth it I'd say.

P.S I'll take my commission in chocolate ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, s0ni said:

I've had the Platinum at both previous Sherlockeds and have bought it again for this one.  If you want to do everything they are good.  The best thing to do is assume he won't be there then if he is 'yay' and if not you didn't get too hopeful.  The reception we haven't had in the UK yet but people who went to it at the US one said they thoroughly enjoyed it.

9 hours ago, gabrie1994 said:

Wow platinum seems really expensive :P

It depends what you want, as evil has laid out below once you add up the separate parts it is good value, but only if you want to do everything/lots.  If you only want to see a couple of the guests then it's probably not the best option.

8 hours ago, evilfairie said:

I've got the platinum package and it seems good value for money to me. I've always liked to try to add up the individual items of the package contents and give them a value (the value is just my own personal opinion as some things like the drinks receptions are not sold separately) and this is what I've got so far...

Weekend Pass £99

Guest Photos £120 (so far)

Guest Autos £100 (so far)

Set photos £30 (based on tilting set photo costing £10)

Pre-signed Benedict auto £25 (just a number I picked out of thin air but an in person one was what? £85? at LFCC So I think £25 is cheap.

2 x Drinks Receptions £60 (Not sold so I figure if they were for sale, I'd be willing to pay £30 like a shot to be able to go to one)

Meet and Greet £30 (again not sold but see above)

Talks £50 (last year the paid talks were this amount so am giving them the same value again)

2 x cast group photos (Sat/Sun) £100 (£50 per group shot is a bargain if you add up the individual prices of each guest)

Bag and Art Print £25 ( the previous bags they've given away have been good quality )

This adds up to £639 and we've still got at least 2 guest slots to be filled.and isn't even taking into consideration the value placed on having great seats in the talks and priority queuing which surely has to be worth another £100 at LEAST (priceless really)

so yes, the initial outlay SEEMS a lot but the experience we will get in return?? Well worth it I'd say.

P.S I'll take my commission in chocolate ;)

And yes, I think evil has undervalued a couple of things so you can add to that.  And if Benedict does come, and dare we even still hope Martin, what value will the access to them add :)

• Like 1

My sister and I are coming to Sherlocked this year, we've been unlucky in the past and not been able to make previous ones so we're really excited to be coming this time!

We have silver tickets as I think unless Benedict, Martin or Andrew are coming they are best value for us (although the meet and greets and drink receptions do sound fun) but I am looking forward to meeting everybody. If Benedict, Martin or Andrew do get announced hopefully we can buy some photoshoot and autographs, think I might have gone platinum for them.

Edited by Liz3379
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, evilfairie said:

I've got the platinum package and it seems good value for money to me. I've always liked to try to add up the individual items of the package contents and give them a value (the value is just my own personal opinion as some things like the drinks receptions are not sold separately) and this is what I've got so far..

Yeah that's what I thought, it is expensive but there's so many things included it's definitely good value.

6 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I've had the Platinum at both previous Sherlockeds and have bought it again for this one.  If you want to do everything they are good.  The best thing to do is assume he won't be there then if he is 'yay' and if not you didn't get too hopeful.  The reception we haven't had in the UK yet but people who went to it at the US one said they thoroughly enjoyed it.

I will definitely consider the Platinum! I've wanted to come to this con for a couple years now, so I really want to do most of it this time. and spend the next decade eating pasta once a day 

• Like 3