Horror Guests and Horror Franchises

Hi JG,

Thank you for putting up this thread, it's a pleasant and welcome surprise to see the Horror genre being looked into this year.

Certainly myself and others have cried out for many years with the lack of real horror guests (just check the horror forum on here), but we did have a spectacular LFCC 2 years ago but has since died out again.

There is a market for this, but of course you have to select the right guests & reunions to bring people from all over the UK / World to attend. Other (new/smaller) companies are doing it now and are seeing increased ticket sales!

Something you did last year where you worked with the Germany show and we saw certain horror guests like Amanda Bearse from Fright Night. Would be good to have them over here in the UK where they can also do Germany in the same week/month.

I still want to meet Sean Chapman from Hellraiser. I was going to do the pre-order service and send in my poster, but I would rather meet him and wouldn't want to risk my poster (with everyone's signatures on it) to get lost or damaged. I really hope he does come to a London show, or even Brighton because that's more accessible/closer than Newcastle or Cardiff. Also I wouldn't want to travel that far and then be told he cancelled or left early.

So my list I'd like to see.

Return Of The Living Dead guests (My favourite zombie movie of all time), but in particular:

• Thom Mathews (also was in Friday 13th part 6 which is my favourite sequel of the Friday 13th franchise)
  • Linnea Quigley (Horror Scream Queen; I finally got to meet her in 2016, but would never say no again)
  • Miguel A. Nunez Jr (a rare signer in the con circuit, but has more of an active career and is in popular films like Scooby Doo, Friday 13th and Lethal Weapon 3)
  • Allan Trautman (played the famous TARMAN zombie and in the sequel too. He also does a lot of voice acting in popular animated films including the recent Jungle Book)
  • Would love to meet legendary actor James Karen, but at 93 years old, I don't think he would travel and I think he retired from conventions in America last year.

An American Werewolf In London:

• John Landis (Director) - (He's done cons in the past, including the UK, but would love to meet him).
  • Rick Baker (Legendary Oscar winning special FX Makeup artist. Now retired from working on film, but I'd do anything to meet him in person. Just look at his film CV!!! )
  • Would love to see the leading actors David Naughton, Griffin Dune (how about joint photoshoot with them wearing their red & green jackets :P ), Jenny Agutter and John Woodvine.

Fright Night (1985) reunion!!

This film is ever so popular. Every time a new dvd or bluray is released, it sells out instantly!!

• Tom Holland (Director/Writer) - also Directed Childs Play, some Tales of The Crypt episodes.
  • Chris Sarandon (Why has he never been booked?!! Great actor, also in Childs Play, and well known for many popular films. Actively doing Cons. Also voiced Jack Skellington in A Nightmare Before Christmas).
  • All the other cast including William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse, Stephen Geoffreys.

Rob Zombie's 31 reunion!!

Newest film by rob zombie and would love to see guests from this film:

• Rob Zombie
  • Sheri Moon Zombie
  • Jeff Daniel Phillips
  • Malcom McDowell
  • Richard Brake
  • Pancho Moler
  • David Ury
  • Lew Temple
  • Torsten Voges
  • Elizabeth Daily
  • Meg Foster
  • Judy Geeson
  • Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs

Other names:

• Brad Dourif (Voice of Chucky and acted in many great films) - Again very hard to understand why he hasn't been booked. Likely to be the guest announced on Monday?
  • Bruce Campbell - highly requested guest. I recon he's too big now for the smaller shows. I see him as a diamond guest for LFCC.
  • Linda Blair - another highly requested guest that I'm surprised hasn't returned to the UK for so many years. Could be the guest to be announced on Monday?
  • Michael Rooker - Walking Dead, Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, GotG.
  • Sid Haig - House 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects.
  • Asia Argento - Dario Argento's daughter.
  • Heather Langenkamp - A Nightmare On Elm St. Franchise.
  • C.J Graham - Played Jason in Friday 13th Part 6

I can think of loads more, but I'll get back to you once I check my horror collection ;)

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hi JG! I was just wondering is there a place where I could private message you? I'm from Ireland and I've come to the conclusion that we really don't have alot of cons and I want to see can I set one up cause I know the US guests would love to come here. Any advice how to get started!I literally have no clue!? Would really appreciate any help. Also incase you didn't see my guest suggestion already! Please ask Heather Langenkamp!For all the SM shows in UK... just saying haha I'll literally go to them all haha Please I'm a massive fan of her and her work! Dying to meet her! Please ❤❤ Ha see what I did there?

Message me at fonjasong@hotmail.com then I can let you know why you don't want to start one ;)

Pre-ordering an autograph isn't the same as meeting the person and getting an autograph in person though. I've got a few friends who love Hellraiser and Sean Chapman is the rarest Hellraiser guest so we all would really like to meet him. I understand the chances are slim because he's such a rare guest. None of us could make the shows he was at last year and getting a signed pic in the post doesn't really mean anything to us. But fingers crossed he'll be back sometime. Newcastle, Sheffield or Glasgow would be great.

Great thread too. Horror is just as popular as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones etc. I've always thought it was crazy that showmasters have never put a horror con on. They're hugely popular in the US, and the rest of Europe. Luckily there are a few starting to pop up now from other companies. Hope Showmasters can follow suit. PS. Sean Chapman pleeeease haha

• Like 1

• Moderators

Great thread too. Horror is just as popular as Doctor Who, Game of Thrones etc. I've always thought it was crazy that showmasters have never put a horror con on. They're hugely popular in the US, and the rest of Europe. Luckily there are a few starting to pop up now from other companies. Hope Showmasters can follow suit. PS. Sean Chapman pleeeease haha

No its not, numbers talk and horror numbers don't talk very loud.

JG

Hi JG,

Thank you for putting up this thread, it's a pleasant and welcome surprise to see the Horror genre being looked into this year.

Certainly myself and others have cried out for many years with the lack of real horror guests (just check the horror forum on here), but we did have a spectacular LFCC 2 years ago but has since died out again.

There is a market for this, but of course you have to select the right guests & reunions to bring people from all over the UK / World to attend. Other (new/smaller) companies are doing it now and are seeing increased ticket sales!

Something you did last year where you worked with the Germany show and we saw certain horror guests like Amanda Bearse from Fright Night. Would be good to have them over here in the UK where they can also do Germany in the same week/month.

I still want to meet Sean Chapman from Hellraiser. I was going to do the pre-order service and send in my poster, but I would rather meet him and wouldn't want to risk my poster (with everyone's signatures on it) to get lost or damaged. I really hope he does come to a London show, or even Brighton because that's more accessible/closer than Newcastle or Cardiff. Also I wouldn't want to travel that far and then be told he cancelled or left early.

So my list I'd like to see.

Return Of The Living Dead guests (My favourite zombie movie of all time), but in particular:

• Thom Mathews (also was in Friday 13th part 6 which is my favourite sequel of the Friday 13th franchise)
  • Linnea Quigley (Horror Scream Queen; I finally got to meet her in 2016, but would never say no again)
  • Miguel A. Nunez Jr (a rare signer in the con circuit, but has more of an active career and is in popular films like Scooby Doo, Friday 13th and Lethal Weapon 3)
  • Allan Trautman (played the famous TARMAN zombie and in the sequel too. He also does a lot of voice acting in popular animated films including the recent Jungle Book)
  • Would love to meet legendary actor James Karen, but at 93 years old, I don't think he would travel and I think he retired from conventions in America last year.

An American Werewolf In London:

• John Landis (Director) - (He's done cons in the past, including the UK, but would love to meet him).
  • Rick Baker (Legendary Oscar winning special FX Makeup artist. Now retired from working on film, but I'd do anything to meet him in person. Just look at his film CV!!! )
  • Would love to see the leading actors David Naughton, Griffin Dune (how about joint photoshoot with them wearing their red & green jackets :P ), Jenny Agutter and John Woodvine.

Fright Night (1985) reunion!!

This film is ever so popular. Every time a new dvd or bluray is released, it sells out instantly!!

• Tom Holland (Director/Writer) - also Directed Childs Play, some Tales of The Crypt episodes.
  • Chris Sarandon (Why has he never been booked?!! Great actor, also in Childs Play, and well known for many popular films. Actively doing Cons. Also voiced Jack Skellington in A Nightmare Before Christmas).
  • All the other cast including William Ragsdale, Amanda Bearse, Stephen Geoffreys.

Rob Zombie's 31 reunion!!

Newest film by rob zombie and would love to see guests from this film:

• Rob Zombie
  • Sheri Moon Zombie
  • Jeff Daniel Phillips
  • Malcom McDowell
  • Richard Brake
  • Pancho Moler
  • David Ury
  • Lew Temple
  • Torsten Voges
  • Elizabeth Daily
  • Meg Foster
  • Judy Geeson
  • Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs

Other names:

• Brad Dourif (Voice of Chucky and acted in many great films) - Again very hard to understand why he hasn't been booked. Likely to be the guest announced on Monday?
  • Bruce Campbell - highly requested guest. I recon he's too big now for the smaller shows. I see him as a diamond guest for LFCC.
  • Linda Blair - another highly requested guest that I'm surprised hasn't returned to the UK for so many years. Could be the guest to be announced on Monday?
  • Michael Rooker - Walking Dead, Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, GotG.
  • Sid Haig - House 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects.
  • Asia Argento - Dario Argento's daughter.
  • Heather Langenkamp - A Nightmare On Elm St. Franchise.
  • C.J Graham - Played Jason in Friday 13th Part 6

I can think of loads more, but I'll get back to you once I check my horror collection ;)

Exactly the same as me. I need to add Sean Chapman to my Hellraiser poster but it isn't something I'd want to put in the post. And like you, something I'd want signed in person.

Another question as I am looking at horror guests for 2017 and have 1 booked and will be announced monday. (more to follow) When we get them its more then likely they will be at ONE UK show and a back to back euro show. So if we announce them for Newcastle they won't be at Cardiff 4 months later, and vice versa. People are asking for Sean Chapman, he did cardiff, I know not everyone can travel but we did offer a pre order service for his autograph and got very little response. I know you want to meet them but we can't get every guest to do every event.

Most of the names I'm in talks with are US, which includes expensive flights so they will be a one show and done for 2017. If we get better numbers for horror, I can spend more on it :) I can maybe get them to do back to back UK shows, so I am looking at every suggestion and making notes. I am a massive horror fan myself and can't wait to meet this guests, but if they don't do well then I know I will be told to stop.

So lets make this a great year for horror at SM events and please support me on this quest.

JG

what show is this guest going too ? plus we need a clue..

• Moderators

Another question as I am looking at horror guests for 2017 and have 1 booked and will be announced monday. (more to follow) When we get them its more then likely they will be at ONE UK show and a back to back euro show. So if we announce them for Newcastle they won't be at Cardiff 4 months later, and vice versa. People are asking for Sean Chapman, he did cardiff, I know not everyone can travel but we did offer a pre order service for his autograph and got very little response. I know you want to meet them but we can't get every guest to do every event.

Most of the names I'm in talks with are US, which includes expensive flights so they will be a one show and done for 2017. If we get better numbers for horror, I can spend more on it :) I can maybe get them to do back to back UK shows, so I am looking at every suggestion and making notes. I am a massive horror fan myself and can't wait to meet this guests, but if they don't do well then I know I will be told to stop.

So lets make this a great year for horror at SM events and please support me on this quest.

JG

what show is this guest going too ? plus we need a clue..

OK big clue just for you. CHECK THE NEWCASTLE SECTION ;)

• Chris Sarandon (Why has he never been booked?!!

Chris was at LFCC in 2009.

Yes, I knew he has been before, but I meant as of recent (i.e. the past 5 years). I wasn't attending these cons back in 2009.

It's now the 8th year since he last attended, I'm just surprised he hasn't been booked before than given the popularity of his work and his regular attendance of other cons in America & Europe.

Same goes for Brad Dourif, Bruce Campbell and Linda Blair.

• Like 1

Guests from Nightbreed

• Clive Barker (Writer/Director) - Previous Showmasters' guest in 2011. Loveliest guest to meet and really hope I get to meet again,
  • David Cronenberg - Unlikely, but I wonder if he's ever been approached to attend a con? Even if he attends for half a day, would love the opportunity (as do many others)
  • Oliver Parker - UK actor turned director who recently directed the Dad's Army remake. Please book him!
  • Craig Sheffer - Was announced back in 2012, but cancelled. We're still waiting for him to be rescheduled.
  • Anne Bobby - You can't have Craig Sheffer without Anne :)
  • Christine McCorkindale - who played Shuna Sassi.

Guests from Candyman

• Tony Todd - A Regular-ish guest, but still popular and great to meet.
  • Virginia Madsen - Lead actress in the movie, American Gothic TV series and loads of other movies.
  • Like 2

<p>

Guests from Nightbreed

• Clive Barker (Writer/Director) - Previous Showmasters' guest in 2011. Loveliest guest to meet and really hope I get to meet again,
  • David Cronenberg - Unlikely, but I wonder if he's ever been approached to attend a con? Even if he attends for half a day, would love the opportunity (as do many others)
  • Oliver Parker - UK actor turned director who recently directed the Dad's Army remake. Please book him!
  • Craig Sheffer - Was announced back in 2012, but cancelled. We're still waiting for him to be rescheduled.
  • Anne Bobby - You can't have Craig Sheffer without Anne :)
  • Christine McCorkindale - who played Shuna Sassi.

Guests from Candyman

• Tony Todd - A Regular-ish guest, but still popular and great to meet.
  • Virginia Madsen - Lead actress in the movie, American Gothic TV series and loads of other movies.

David Croenberg and Chris Walas= THE FLY TALK please

• Like 1

JG

Horror is very popular. I think the problem is that SM only seem to get mainly minor stars who don't attract much interest. There has been the odd exception of course like Neve Campbell and Robert Englund who proved to be popular.

• Like 1

• Moderators

JG

Horror is very popular. I think the problem is that SM only seem to get mainly minor stars who don't attract much interest. There has been the odd exception of course like Neve Campbell and Robert Englund who proved to be popular.

Horror is very popular BUT, there are so many types of horror that even horror fans don't fall under the same label if you know what I mean. Game of Thrones simple, you are either a fan of not, dr who I guess you can say modern or classic, Star wars fall into, OT, PT, new films, but with horror there are loads of types.

As for the level of guest, well the higher the level the higher the price tag. Some of the names mentioned are LFCC headliner level and if they did attend, horror items being signed would only be a tiny %.

Edited by Showmasters Pre Orders

• Moderators

I'm loving the suggestions so keep them coming. But consider a couple of things, Most of the guests we are looking at are for the regional events, ideally we will have a US horror guest at every event this year, BUT they will only appear at ONE. Flights etc make it impossible to have more then 1 or 2 at an event here. Which is WHY I need you guys to help me. I need you to help promote the pants off the horror guests when we announce them weather you can make the show or not. Weather they are your cup of tea or now.

Today we announced Ari Lehman to Newcastle, hes not done a UK show for several years. He is very keen to meet fans here in the UK.

Earlier today the showmasters fb page added an announcement for him. If your on FB can you please click and this link and hit the share button please.

https://www.facebook.com/showmastersevents/photos/a.232908429952.27369.221318664952/10151174210934953/?type=3&theater

Help me get get some more shares and maybe we will announce another Horror guest for a regional show. ;)

If you need to contact me, head over to the pre order page www.showmasterssales.com (where Ari will be added shortly) and at the top of the page on the right is a link to contact me.

JG