As I can't post this elsewhere at the moment

Raylenth

That's a reminder actually. It's far too early but I'll have to put it on my list of things to do - Look at the NEC parking V hotel and book a space nearer the time.

Residents at the hotel can park for £12 a day - I'll be interested in the NEC prices too.

I've looked before when I was helping people going to Destination Star Trek earlier in the year and I've a feeling it wasn't too different to what Hilton is charging, the difference may be that you can park overnight at the Hitlon and not in the NEC parking maybe? I'll have a look and post the results when I've done it.

Daily Heil already has an article up, usual thing, disappointed fans, greedy stars, people being blasted let right and centre, sky high ticket prices etc! Apparently we were all on the same drugs as Sherlock last year because we all hallucinated seeing him at the event because according to their article he didn't attend!

• Like 1

Very tempted to go, but the online hotel booking still requires a full payment in advance today. I'll probably have to call the hotel, but can you tell me if they will charge me 300£ if I cancel my booking, or only the 30£ non refundable deposit?

It may be best to ask the hotel Francesca, it probably should only be the £30 as that's specifically mentioned as the non refundable bit, but if you are calling them anyway I'd double check with them.

Mods, can this be moved to the new Sherlocked forum now it's live just to keep this one US focused?

Thank you.

It'll just give me an additional option - I could drive straight home when it finished, and probably will do so, it's only 2 and a half hours for me, but it just means I don't have to if I don't want to. If I change my mind I can always cancel the Monday later on.

• Like 1

Very tempted to go, but the online hotel booking still requires a full payment in advance today. I'll probably have to call the hotel, but can you tell me if they will charge me 300£ if I cancel my booking, or only the 30£ non refundable deposit?

I booked online just now Francesca and the whole cost of the room is non refundable but all you pay at the moment is the £30. So if you go or don't go you'll eventually be charged the £300. That's why it states the room cost is £300, underneath it states you'll be charged a £30 deposit with the rest payable when you arrive. I had to call the hotel as my separate booking for the Thursday night my email didn't come through and they confirmed with me that my rooms were booked and I had been charged £75 for the Thursday night and £30 so far for the Fri-Sun.

I'll bet that we three will be close to the first Platinum numbers, though. A lot of people won't make the outlay yet without a single guest announced.

I honestly wasn't expecting this to be today's announcement! But I'm very excited to be doing it all again. I've never been to any con other than Sherlocked so I haven't experienced a hotel con before, but I like the idea a lot.

I did! Platinum ticket booked and hotel room sorted :clap:

For those asking - the Hilton has only charged me £30 up front cost. So in spite of the confusing messages when booking it seems that the rest is paid on arrival.

I've just checked my credit card account online, and I've only been charged £30 as well.

I booked online just now Francesca and the whole cost of the room is non refundable but all you pay at the moment is the £30. So if you go or don't go you'll eventually be charged the £300. That's why it states the room cost is £300, underneath it states you'll be charged a £30 deposit with the rest payable when you arrive. I had to call the hotel as my separate booking for the Thursday night my email didn't come through and they confirmed with me that my rooms were booked and I had been charged £75 for the Thursday night and £30 so far for the Fri-Sun.

Thank you evilfairie. I'll book later, when the first guests will be announced.

Mycroft: "Ok, so if we get 3 special fried rices, 2 Kung Pao Chickens and a Vegetable Chow Mein we'll get a free order of prawn crackers, that should be enough to go around, or do you think we should order anything for Gavin?"

Sherlock.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...