As I can't post this elsewhere at the moment

Raylenth

I'll be completely wrong but my guess is given where Ep 2 is going to start it will be something to do with the state Sherlock gets himself in to.

Actually I checked on the website and it says it's from series 4 episode 1, which I need to watch for a second time. They will also have another set from series 4 which will be free to photograph (says, 'secret set' ) and the 221b living room and door again. :)

I'll be completely wrong but my guess is given where Ep 2 is going to start it will be something to do with the state Sherlock gets himself in to.

Actually I checked on the website and it says it's from series 4 episode 1, which I need to watch for a second time. They will also have another set from series 4 which will be free to photograph (says, 'secret set' ) and the 221b living room and door again. :)

*******spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen TST yet***

Where Sherlock meets with Mary before she runs? Where she hands him a letter that makes him pass out. It's kinda catacombish.

• Like 3

Interesting the way this new event is being presented, not necessarily good or bad either way at this stage, but just interesting! The Hilton is a decent sized hotel but I don't think it could hold crowds the way the Excel centre could which suggests the event won't be on the same scale as previous events. Certainly from the SM events I've been to there in the past, the rooms that have been used would struggle to accommodate autograph and photoshoot queues like we've had at the last two events. I know there was a lot of empty space at the last show around the hall but how busy certain areas got at peak times, I'd think the hotel might struggle if similar numbers turn up.

That said, this time, the platinum package makes specific reference to autographs from both Martin and Benedict as features of the package, if they attend, I don't remember them explicitly making reference to that in the package features before. Could be wrong on that though.

I think I might hold fire on this until there are a few more details out about how the event will be, I don't doubt for a minute SM/ME have a clear plan for this and will know what they can and can't do in the hotel setting, but until that's a bit clearer, I might have to save my £600! Hope it's going to be good though!

Hence why we have bought early, I don't want to miss out and yeah, the attendee numbers is going to be vastly reduced.

Just looking at the FAQ to see if there was anything noteworthy and it says

How many guests will there be?
There will be a minimum of 8 guests, with more possibly added if ticket sales go well.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that Sue, Stephen and Mark will be 3 of them :smile:

Is it too early to even be thinking about what you'd get Martin to sign on the extremely outside possibility that he will be there? And signing more than 1 per person :whistling:

Guest wise (apart from Ben and Martin because that goes with out saying) I'd love Vinette Robinson, David Nellist and Lisa McAllister along with others as we haven't had them yet, but that's not including whoever may be in the upcoming eps.

• Like 1

I'm guessing that Sue, Stephen and Mark will be 3 of them :smile:

Is it too early to even be thinking about what you'd get Martin to sign on the extremely outside possibility that he will be there? And signing more than 1 per person :whistling:

Guest wise (apart from Ben and Martin because that goes with out saying) I'd love Vinette Robinson, David Nellist and Lisa McAllister along with others as we haven't had them yet, but that's not including whoever may be in the upcoming eps.

I endorse this message.

I'd wet myself (metaphorically) if Toby Jones was there.

• Like 1

I'm really excited at the prospect of Martin possibly being there. The way the ticket packages are worded has me hopeful. Maybe the restrictions on size and numbers might be more enticing.

And seriously, why hasn't David Nellist been a guest yet?

• Like 1

I'm really excited at the prospect of Martin possibly being there. The way the ticket packages are worded has me hopeful. Maybe the restrictions on size and numbers might be more enticing.

And seriously, why hasn't David Nellist been a guest yet?

I think we are all ecstatic about the possibility but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

• Like 1

I'm now tempted by the idea of traveling to Birmingham on the Thursday and spending an extra night so I can make proper use of the hotels pool and spa. If I book a single room it's pretty much the same rate as the convention prices, If I go with a non refundable room I can get a B&B rate with free wifi for £75 if I join their HHonours thingy. Probably because it's a Thursday night.

Not putting you off but seeing as nothing is really happening with Sherlocked until 5pm on Friday, what about just checking in early on Friday instead? They should let you, then you can use the Facilities during the day, pop down to register and get your ticket at 4ish and be ready for the 5pm opening.

Call and check with them but It's just an alternative suggestion and it'll save you 1 nights money.

I'm now tempted by the idea of traveling to Birmingham on the Thursday and spending an extra night so I can make proper use of the hotels pool and spa. If I book a single room it's pretty much the same rate as the convention prices, If I go with a non refundable room I can get a B&B rate with free wifi for £75 if I join their HHonours thingy. Probably because it's a Thursday night.

Depending on whether my husband comes this time or not, I may be looking for a roommate for the Friday-Monday at the con hotel. If we split, it'd only be £50 each per night on the con rate with the room gifts and such. I'm already part of the HHonours thingy, so free wi-fi. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks so much for the offer but I have bad anxiety about sleeping away from home so I can have bad panic attacks and need my own room to cope with them. I wouldn't want to keep you awake all night if I had one.

I can see where you're coming from Raylenth but it will take me over 4 hours to get to Birmingham anyway so to take the stress out of it

Depending on whether my husband comes this time or not, I may be looking for a roommate for the Friday-Monday at the con hotel. If we split, it'd only be £50 each per night on the con rate with the room gifts and such. I'm already part of the HHonours thingy, so free wi-fi. If you're interested, let me know.

I'll prefer to arrive about 2-3pm ish the day before and then have that evening and most of the day to relax before heading to the 5pm opening. :)

edit* Hmm, don't know what happened with that posting, seems to have split itself.

Edited by evilfairie