Sherlock is back **Spoiler Thread**

StuartG2198

Just posted on Sherlocked facebook, so it's hopefull :)

Sherlocked The Event I think we can say this , its not the ending, its an ending , its open to new things in the future as and when the cast and crew are available to film more, if you listen to Mark and Stephen i think you can see they do feel there are more stories to tell 1f642.png:-)

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

The only thing I thought marred it was no explanation on how they all survived the bomb with no damage.

"You know my methods, John. I am known to be indestructible."

Bear in mind we still don't know for certain how Sherlock survived jumping off Barts - the explanation he gave Anderson was one possibility but he refused to tell John!

Edited by The Pink Lady
  • Like 1

I think it was easily the best performance Mark Gatiss has ever given. As much as I have adored him ever since League of gentlemen, I've always thought he was a little camp when playing it straight.

Here he hit the right balance, but as someone said earlier all 3 of them hit the heights this series and Sian Brookes as Euros, got to check the spelling on that, made a great villain

Funnily enough one of the things I've always liked about the way he's played Mycroft (not good that I'm already talking about it in the past tense!) is that it had a slightly camp edge to it. That line "I'll be mother" and Sherlock's reponse in A Scandal In Belgravia always made me laugh. That said it was good to see a bit more depth to him tonight and in recent weeks, being first bemused then slightly flattered by Lady Smallwood's interest in him, then the acknowledgement that he couldn't shoot an innocent man does show there's more to the character than aloofness and being coldly analytical.

• Like 1

Also, not criticising but unless I missed it did the whole 'Moriarty is dead but I know what he's going to do next' fizzle out into nothing? I know he visited Eurus and planned something with her but that can't be what Sherlock was referring to when he said all that as he had no knowledge of Euros at all at the time and other than Moriarty leaving the recordings for Eurus, which I doubt was what Sherlock would have meant, nothing really happened with him.

Or am I just missing the point?

Edited by Raylenth

I may need to watch the episode again but the more I've thought about it this morning, the more my feeling is that the Moriarty element didn't really add a great deal to the story and dare I say it, didn't totally work for me, almost felt like they wanted to fit him into it somehow but didn't have a totally clear idea of how to do it. I may be wrong, it may just be there was so much to take in with the first viewing that it might hang together better with a second viewing.

I may need to watch the episode again but the more I've thought about it this morning, the more my feeling is that the Moriarty element didn't really add a great deal to the story and dare I say it, didn't totally work for me, almost felt like they wanted to fit him into it somehow but didn't have a totally clear idea of how to do it. I may be wrong, it may just be there was so much to take in with the first viewing that it might hang together better with a second viewing.

I think he was there almost for comic relief

Well I don't pay attention to anything so this may be nonsense, but they'd teased him at the end of the last series and beginning of this with the whole 'Miss Me?' business. Although it turned out that was really referring to Eurus, his involvement in the whole scheme was like the pay off to that tease.

But in real life yes, some comic relief and Andrew Scott fan service absolutely.

Well I don't pay attention to anything so this may be nonsense, but they'd teased him at the end of the last series and beginning of this with the whole 'Miss Me?' business. Although it turned out that was really referring to Eurus, his involvement in the whole scheme was like the pay off to that tease.

But in real life yes, some comic relief and Andrew Scott fan service absolutely.

I thought them teasing him worked well because they had been so adamant that he was dead so it always suggested an unknown villain was using his image to get in Sherlock's head. As silly as it sounds, I think I would have preferred it if they had flashed up the 'Five years ago' bit as soon as his helicopter appeared, I just found it a little distracting for the first part of that sequence when it appeared to be the present day and that they had bought him back. I'll concede I might not be making much sense here, I've got a cold which is making me sneeze loudly enough to destroy Baker Street!

I enjoyed this season immensely.

When Mycroft describes Eurus, am I the only one who thought of Simon Tam talking about River? "I am very smart. I went to the best Medacad in Osiris, top three percent of my class, finished my internship in eight months. "Gifted" is the term. So when I tell you that my little sister makes me look like an idiot child, I want you to understand my full meaning."

Speaking of which... is it bad that I got a huge crush on Eurus? I do know she's a murdering, amoral sociopath with weird feelings and zero empathy, but... she's just so *awesome*!! <3 :wub2:

• Like 1

I enjoyed this season immensely.

When Mycroft describes Eurus, am I the only one who thought of Simon Tam talking about River? "I am very smart. I went to the best Medacad in Osiris, top three percent of my class, finished my internship in eight months. "Gifted" is the term. So when I tell you that my little sister makes me look like an idiot child, I want you to understand my full meaning."

Speaking of which... is it bad that I got a huge crush on Eurus? I do know she's a murdering, amoral sociopath with weird feelings and zero empathy, but... she's just so *awesome*!! <3 :wub2:

She was hot!! Although hotter as a redhead

• Like 1