Sherlock is back **Spoiler Thread**

StuartG2198

I'd read about H H Holmes before so happily I knew what they were talking about. I'd recommend reading it if you aren't familiar with it as it's fascinating.

Dicaprio and Scorese are also planning a film about him

I just read that as well but it's not listed in his upcoming projects so don't know when it's planned for.

Right I've had some thoughts after this rewatching that probably aren't unique and others have probably said already. This is also based on the preview for the next episode which I didn't actually hang around to watch on Sunday.

I think the reason Sherlock didn't recognise Euros, apart from being 'off his lady boobs (filter won't let me quote the real word)' combined with obviously not expecting her to be there is that he's repressed everything to do with her. Mycroft said something along the lines that she had made him the man he is today. Whatever it was she did to get her locked up I think it traumatised Sherlock so much that he completely blocked everything about her - it's why he has so much trouble connecting with people. Mycroft is the only one who has ever mentioned her so I think Sherlock genuinely doesn't remember her. His shock at the end of TLD is more at finding the hidden 'miss me', realising this might be Moriarty's play finally happening and putting it all together rather than remembering 'oh she's my sister'

The flashbacks we have seen this series I had assumed to be Mycroft playing with Sherlock and Redbeard on the beach but because it's always been shown in a misty flashbacky way I bet it will be Euros he's playing with.

Finally she doesn't seem to be much younger or older than Sherlock so I think she's going to actually turn out to be Sherlock's twin. He does keep saying 'it's never twins' so maybe twins has been subconsciously on his mind. It may also explain some of Sherlock's behaviour if he's 'aware' that part of him (his twin) is 'missing' and the traumatic separation has led to some of his behavioural/emotional issues. It might be why Mycroft is so protective of him.

Edited by Raylenth

Some good thoughts in there. Certainly would seem to fit what we know and what has been hinted at. It was funny, but all along watching the episode something didn't feel quite right about the psychiatrist but I couldn't put my finger on it. I thought that I just recognised the actress from something else! I do hope that this means we get to see Mr and Mrs Holmes next week, those two are brilliant!

I'm going to watch the episode again this week, I didn't finish watching it until about 1am on Sunday and was trying to see off a migraine at the same time so I reckon I probably missed a few things!

• Like 1

That was a great end to the series. Pretty full on! Has it been conformed that this was the last ever series? It kind of felt that way by the end, yet still open if they do want to make specials or something.

No, they have hinted in a way that it could be the last, in that they have implied it was a good stopping point or that they may just take a break for a while. So no, nothing has officially been said either way.

That was a great end to the series. Pretty full on! Has it been conformed that this was the last ever series? It kind of felt that way by the end, yet still open if they do want to make specials or something.

No, they have hinted in a way that it could be the last, in that they have implied it was a good stopping point or that they may just take a break for a while. So no, nothing has officially been said either way.

Good. I hope they do more, but it must be impossible to try and get Bumblewick Cobblepot and Martin Freeman in the same place for enough time to film them with how popular they have become. Bosshog Crumplepatch especially as he is now so heavily involved in the Marvel universe.

• Like 1

That felt like a hard finale. And DARK, I did feel that Euros felt like Moriaty during some of the scenes in Sheringford though but loved the performances all round.

I like that they toned down some of the directorial tics that plagued season 3 and the 1st episode of this season.

Moriarty's hints about his security not into the "afterglow" was a nice way to lighten the tone just when it needed it

• Like 1

Good. I hope they do more, but it must be impossible to try and get Bumblewick Cobblepot and Martin Freeman in the same place for enough time to film them with how popular they have become. Bosshog Crumplepatch especially as he is now so heavily involved in the Marvel universe.

I really can't remember where he said it as there are so many interviews out there but in 1 recently Benedict did imply that he may be cutting down for a couple of years - with baby No 2 on the way it's fair that he probably wants to spend a bit more time at home and between Marvel and the other projects he is committed to he may not want to sign on for anything else, especially big projects for a bit. Sherlock takes about 3 months out of their lives so it's a big commitment.

Hey, maybe we will get a couple of Xmas 1 offs as they are a bit more manageable time wise and they may always do another series in the future. There's always hope.

• Like 1

Not sure what to think really. It was brilliant, there are too many bits to mention at the moment and I do see why, with that ending, if it was the last ever they have tied it all up but everyone is OK and carrying on.

I did guess that the girl on the plane wasn't real, simply because you don't get a 747 over a major city that's not responding to hails!

I knew Mycroft was trying to anger Sherlock into shooting him from the first and it's one of the reasons why I love the character - Mark Gatiss was superb.

Adapting Watson's "The best and wisest man that I have ever known" from the book suggests to me that, like Conan Doyle, they could be looking at taking a good long break from the series, if it returns at all. Funny, my lounge seemed to get very dusty all of a sudden when Mary came out with that!

If that is it then I think they ended very strongly, even the very last scene was a strong single image to end on, very reminiscent of some of the season one publicity shots. Also liked the nod to Basil Rathbone on the building plaque.

Have to admit I was a bit disappointed when Moriarty appeared, as much as I like the character, it felt a bit silly so I was very glad when they established it was a flashback. I liked the sequence with Molly as well, Louise Brealy doesn't always have loads to do in each episode but she is always able to do a lot with the screen time she has. If there are going to be anymore it will be interesting to see if they explore that any further, I could be wrong but I don't think I saw her in the closing montage whereas the likes of Mrs Hudson and Lestrade were both featured.

All in all a very strong season, I think all the episodes have benefited from repeat viewing. I wonder where it all goes from here!

I definitely need to re watch as I missed little bits again due to traffic noise ect but oh it really was well done.

Poor Molly. Poor everyone really, they were all at their best and Mycroft really does have a heart even if he would say it was the only logical choice.

The sets were fantastic.

I could be wrong but I don't think I saw her in the closing montage whereas the likes of Mrs Hudson and Lestrade were both featured.

She was there. She walked into the 221b lounge with a smile on her face.

Yeah, I spotted Molly coming in at the end and was glad that all was well between them.

Missed the Rathbone plaque thing though so will have to look out for that.

I could be wrong but I don't think I saw her in the closing montage whereas the likes of Mrs Hudson and Lestrade were both featured.

She was there. She walked into the 221b lounge with a smile on her face.

Ah, I did miss it then, must have looked away at the wrong moment. Apparently Paul Weller also featured in that closing montage, he was the body lying on the floor!

• Like 1

Too many thoughts to put much down yet, but I thought it was incredible, perfect, such high quality in everything. Terrifying, funny, and made me cry several times. Mark Gatiss was particularly strong, but all three leads were award worthy.

Count Fooku - I did spot Molly coming in, in a stripy cardigan in the montage at the end, as it was speeding up. I was looking for her!

They did such a good job that, if it's the last, I am surprised to find I am okay with that.

I think it was easily the best performance Mark Gatiss has ever given. As much as I have adored him ever since League of gentlemen, I've always thought he was a little camp when playing it straight.

Here he hit the right balance, but as someone said earlier all 3 of them hit the heights this series and Sian Brookes as Euros, got to check the spelling on that, made a great villain

Edited by john1980