Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Filming with a pro camera?

Hi all, I'm trying next year to get into filming these conventions a lo more. I know I can film for personal use on Youtube, but might I need organiser's permission if I have a pro camera? Having played about with a Red Raven and Blackmagic Ursa Mini, i was thinking of taking one to film. Obviously they are a lot less discrete then a DSLR. Do I need permission for a monopod or shoulder rig?

You're probably best contacting Showmasters directly for a definitive answer

Yes, please contact Showmasters directly. This is nothing the mods can judge, sorry.

I don't know these cameras, but if a shoulder rig is involved this sounds very professional looking to me. With equipment like that I am quite sure most crew members and attendees would expect you to be press.

Are you asking for like permission to film the con itself or if people mind being filmed? every year i get approached by people with camera's because the love the chaplin costume and i honestly don't mind, i only hate it if people don't ask politely before doing it, one year a group just literally threw their arms around me and yelled "photo!" and snapped pics without asking if i was ok with it. that was well rude.