Here is the place to show us your collection , post photos here

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi all

as this event is going to be the place for the collectors of the UK what better place than to show others the amazing and cool things you collect and what you have managed to gather up over the years

Please show us your collection and post your photos here i know there are some amazing things out there.

we are all collectors here at Showmasters so lets see whats out there.

Jason

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to like to bring my own items to events, so I ended up getting stuff like posters, LPs, DVDs etc. signed and though it's not as impressive as what some of you will no doubt publish, a favourite item at the moment is my Doctor Who poster with 13 names currently on it, hopefully with attending Collectormania and LFCC this year I could add a lot more names to it (hint, hint)

IMG_20161126_125715.jpgAlso I know it's out of date since no Capaldi and whoever is after Capaldi but I thought it was good representation of both eras.

• Like 1

How do i upload an image i cant seem to find the option only a url

You have to save it to a site like photobucket, then select the 'direct' link and paste that into the icon of a polaroid on here. If it's an image from a website you can paste the url into the 'link' icon and that should upload it on here as well.

Edited by Raylenth

I have been collecting for over 15 year and have over 2500 items in my collections i always try to get something signed that most people dont like this to his admission the only one he has autographed green cross code badge by David Prowess http://[url=http://s1339.photobuck

Edited by MULENSTEINCOLLECTOR

That link is from a photobucket account but still not working

It doesn't look right and it should inject the image straight onto the page. when you are on photobucket select the picture you want to upload here. On the right of the picture you will see 4 option boxes - EMAIL& IM, DIRECT, HTML & IMG. you need to left click once on the http link in the DIRECT box and it will flash yellow and say 'copied'.

Then on here when you open a dialogue box to post you will see the options - bold, underline ect. In the middle of that row is a square icon with green in the middle, click on it and right click and paste the photobucket link. Once you have pressed 'ok' it will insert the picture into the dialogue box.

Hope that helps.

Cant get the site to except any pic why make it such a faff instead of select file upload seems a little bit stupid to over complicate a simple photo upload

If you could upload your files directly to the forum that would send hosting costs through the roof. That's why.

Here's a few of my collection, the shows are really useful for toy collecting as well as autographs and I've picked up some great things on various stalls. I collect vintage and some more recent stuff, the vintage being Masters of the Universe, She-Ra, Thundercats, My Little Pony, Ghostbusters (not in these pictures because the display cabinet is a mess right now, but when I've tidied it up, will post more. Vintage Star Wars too. The more modern being Masters of the Universe Classics.

It was actually Collectormania in Milton Keynes which got my Star Wars collecting off to a flying start. I bought a loose Luke Skywalker and Tusken Raider off a random stall for £5.00. I only bought them because I thought they looked in nice condition and I'm very fussy about the condition of my toys. I happened to photograph them and post them on Facebook, it turned out I'd bought a "hollow cheek" Tusken Raider (Star Wars collectors will know what that means, I had no idea), so I was then inundated with messages from people wanting to buy it off me. I declined, until one chap in America offered me a number of vintage Star Wars figures in return for it. I told him I wanted them complete and in good condition (which was quite demanding!) but he said that's fine, went off to see what he'd got and came back to me with ten loose mint complete figures. This got my collection off to a good start so I went for it, and that's how it all began! I think I'm short of about 3 now.

Anyway here are some shots of my collection.

15875142_202508646880463_451834483523616

Masters of the Universe Classics Castle Grayskull & assorted figures.

15844713_202512400213421_418529293844081

Masters of the Universe Classics, Playmates Star Trek, Kenner Super Powers, vintage My Little Pony, Kenner Aliens and of course... Kylie! She's a Doctor's Assistant, we really should be inviting her along to a show ;-)

15844537_202508756880452_235113363636714

My vintage Star Wars collection and a select vintage Masters of the Universe collection.

15844342_202508750213786_496517319420730

Anyone remember the vintage ponies? Minty, Peachy, Blossom, Applejack, Cherrie's Jubilee, Bowtie, Bluebelle, Bubbles, Butterscotch, Snuzzle, Seashell, Cotton Candy and Lemondrop... and I'm not a brony.

15936740_202508803547114_581230913139277

A mixture of old and new - at the top vintage She-Ra: Princess of Power, Thundercats and Jabba the Hutt with the not so vintage Leia slave girl. The second shelf comprises of the fantastic Masters of the Universe Classics Great Rebellion from She-Ra: Princess of Power.

15844019_202508830213778_631799787674762

And the bottom shelf comprising of the Evil Horde led by Hordak which made up the enemy of She-Ra and the Great Rebellion.

• Like 1