Rogue One: A Star Wars Story **No Spoilers**

StuartG2198

• Moderators

So we are now just hours away from Rogue One hitting cinemas here in the UK, I for one am BEYOND excited!! so far nearly every review I've read has been amazingly positive.

Has everyone booked their tickets if so when are you going? I'm doing the midnight showing and again tomorrow evening, again...I'm very excited!!.

Once you've watched post your thoughts below but please.... no spoilers!

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 3

I'll go to keep my friend company - she's the Star Wars fan, but she said it'll be after xmas as she can't get a sitter at the moment. Looking forward to it though as it does look good and I enjoyed Force.

Oh and...............

Spoiler.jpg

:whistling:

• Like 1

I've got tickets for tonight.

As much as I'm looking forward to it, I've had my reservations about Gareth Edwards directing since it was announced. He's got great imagery in his films but his pacing is so laboured. I know we've only had two films to go on (Monsters & Godzilla) and they've both been good but hard work. Rogue One has a running time of 2:15, which isn't short by any means, so there's a good chance it could sag around the middle.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it as much as the next person so hopefully my fears are for nought.

Well I have watched it and I thought it was .... ok. I can't go into too much detail (no spoilers!) but I thought it was supposed to be a spin off. It came across to me however that it was trying too hard to be part of the saga instead of a stand alone film. Don't get me wrong I didn't hate it. I just wasn't blown away by it like I thought I would be. I know I am in a minority as the film as had largely positive reviews. It gets 5/10 from me.