Comic Con Bloopers

Zonky

My worst was in 2012. The third person I was after (Sarah Shahi) from the main signing area was for my friend, but I was not familiar with her, and got caught out by the moved tables and lack of signs. This nice young lady setup with her stills, but only the two guests I had just met and my friend's guest had name signs up, so I assumed this was my friend's guest. Instead of getting my target, when the picture was signed, I realised it was not who I was expecting, and was in fact Pascale Hutton. Not someone I was aware of, but after getting home discovered she is a Canadian actress who has appeared in a few films I have seen, and some tv shows. I am more amused by this than embarrassed, and had a good laugh. A bonus autograph I was not planning. She was really nice,and I did eventually get the right person for my friend. :-)

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Vernus, forum rules state that you aren't allowed to mention other organisers/events so you might want to edit your post to say "My worst was at another event". The mods will edit it anyway if they see it but just to let you know.

Not reallly funny but at LFCC, when my mam and sister went to the information desk, I took a quick break and sat on the floor and opened a bag of Doritos.

Halfway through the bag, Jeremy Renner strolls past. I look up at him with wide eyes as he looks down and smiles. He said hi and I just managed to swallow a mouthful of doritos in time to smile and say hi back.

• Like 1

Not reallly funny but at LFCC, when my mam and sister went to the information desk, I took a quick break and sat on the floor and opened a bag of Doritos.

Halfway through the bag, Jeremy Renner strolls past. I look up at him with wide eyes as he looks down and smiles. He said hi and I just managed to swallow a mouthful of doritos in time to smile and say hi back.

What flavour?

Vernus, forum rules state that you aren't allowed to mention other organisers/events so you might want to edit your post to say "My worst was at another event". The mods will edit it anyway if they see it but just to let you know.

Thank you for the heads up. I will remember to be Secret Squirrel when mentioning any other event/organiser in future.

What flavour?

Tangy Cheese. Big pack 👍
  • Like 1

The real cringe moment came during the photoshoot. Since I had two props with me for my cosplay, a gun and a sword, I figured it would be fun if he held one of them for our photo. So instead of telling him this in no uncertain terms like a normal person, it got to my turn and I just walked up to him and went "choose your weapon, darling". Why. Why this. I never call people darling and yet I walked right up to Costas Mandylor and said it right to his face.

How is that a blooper? It sounds honestly awesome!

I don't think you comprehend the intensity of the crush I have on this man.

Might be that the picture in question is your current Facebook profile pic? I noticed it on yesterday's chat group.

Yeah, I imagined myself in a similar situation with someone I have a crush on, and I think I see what you mean :eek: Still, the pic turned out incredible. So there's that. :)

The real cringe moment came during the photoshoot. Since I had two props with me for my cosplay, a gun and a sword, I figured it would be fun if he held one of them for our photo. So instead of telling him this in no uncertain terms like a normal person, it got to my turn and I just walked up to him and went "choose your weapon, darling". Why. Why this. I never call people darling and yet I walked right up to Costas Mandylor and said it right to his face.

How is that a blooper? It sounds honestly awesome!

I don't think you comprehend the intensity of the crush I have on this man.

Might be that the picture in question is your current Facebook profile pic? I noticed it on yesterday's chat group.

Yeah, I imagined myself in a similar situation with someone I have a crush on, and I think I see what you mean :eek: Still, the pic turned out incredible. So there's that. :)

Yep. This one.

11407022_723936294383808_229990016468515e

Luckily despite my immense shame and crippling anxiety I actually succeeded in looking relatively normal. I didn't burst into tears or anything. Incredible. Thankfully this turned out to be one of the best photoshoot pictures I've ended up with.

(Is it just me or are his hands fascinatingly strong-looking? Just me? Okay...)

• Like 1

Yep. This one.

11407022_723936294383808_229990016468515e

Luckily despite my immense shame and crippling anxiety I actually succeeded in looking relatively normal. I didn't burst into tears or anything. Incredible. Thankfully this turned out to be one of the best photoshoot pictures I've ended up with.

(Is it just me or are his hands fascinatingly strong-looking? Just me? Okay...)

And by "normal", you mean "extremely cool and badass"... (Then again, you were Babydoll. That was half the battle right there.)

The veins in his hands do suggest remarkable strength, as does his stare. Undeniably true, as you say.

Ah now i just remembered something. well two somethings. one of them not really a red faced omg moment but still silly. so.

1) (The omg shame faced one) When i got to meet Avery Brooks (sisko, DS9, my fav captain) i had psyched myself up to have a totally awesome conversation. you the way it is ya? in your head your like "oh hi, i loved your work outside star trek, you were awesome in such and such and i think you are talented and can i ask you about your time in such and such" that kinda spiel. did i manage this though? did i hell. i was the only one at his table at the time and i was dressed as sally from TNBC so i had white gloves stitched on to white long sleeves to make it look like ragdoll hands which made shaking hands feel kind of weird. i stood before his table, opened my mouth and.....nothing. Literally no sound came out of my mouth. so instead, like some creepy oversize rag doll creature thing reached out really slowly as i stared at him and placed my hand in his. he slowly shook it while giving me a very confused look before saying "are you ok?" this somehow broke the "omg its sisko wjewiuhweghwef!!!!!" spell i was under and i managed to talk about his roles in stuff like roots spin offs and such. he recognized me the sunday after in my star trek uniform (impressive when you realize how many people he met) and gave me a big hug in the photo. still though, ugh, the shame lol. my brain just shut down.

2) (the "my name no longer applies" situation)

Again, sally cosplay. it all started with that. my name is sonya (or sommie as its my nickname) but i got so used to people yelling out "sally!" that by the end of the day when i had someone calling "sonya!!" i actually didn't respond or look to them because i got used to sally being called out instead lol. Now that charlie chaplin is my main costume (two years in a row now) the calls of "alright charlie!" or "chappers" become the norm and if my friend calls me in a busy area by my actual name my brain doesn't recognize it when im in costume. its so weird!

sorry for long post, just thought i'd share more reasons why i'm a derp lol

• Like 1