Comic Con Bloopers

Zonky

A wee idea that's been floating about my head for a while now. Just about everyone has a story about meeting a guest that may not have gone to plan...be it a photo, auto experience or just bumping into them randomly *cough* Madsen Mikkelsen when drunk at the hotel lifts *cough*.

After the con last year in the pub our wee group had many laughs sharing photos and stories, for example knocking something over on the desk and looking down just as the photo was taken resulting in a photograph where they lovingly gazed into the guests eyes...

I have had many mishaps but this year when it came to meeting Kim Coates I was a human disaster. Clearly in awe of his beautiful aura I was unable to control my face and this photo happened...

j0yw3n.jpg

And then this...I look like a flabby blob so the rest of the body was cropped out but I appear to be stroking his neck??? Why????

1g6r9i.jpg

So does anyone have any funny stories they would be willing to share? Give us all a bit of a giggle? :) cause if you can't laugh at yourself let us laugh for you!!

fz2OzNu.jpgWould this happen to be the picture you are referring to? ;P

It wasn't LFCC but I was at another con this year but I met one of my childhood heroes, he asked my name but I had a real sore throat and couldn't speak very loudly and being in a loud convention center he couldn't hear me saying my name was Charlie, he thought I had said darling and then referred to me as darling when he spoke to my sister on the phone :D

Same con, got really excited about something and in the rush left my signed Lord of the Rings poster on a desk. Luckily no one pinched it! :clap:

i can testify to the stories of his from other con... quite funny. though still think you are lucky not to have lost your poster!!

Dude, i feel your pain, but multiply that panic with like 100 and you get how i felt when i left my folder with ALL my paid for photo shoots and autographs from two days worth of LFCC at a Gregs. i only realized it wasn't there when i rolled up to the convention center in the taxi, went to pay and my friend just plainly said "your folder is gone" she was so calm when she said it but the words struck panic in me so strong i nearly had a panic attack lol. i had to get the taxi to travel all the way back to earls court, run into the place, grab the folder and i felt so damn awkward i bought a capri sun to say sorry for being such a forgetful person and charging in all panicked in a star trek uniform getting every to stare and think what the hell lol. oh god i legit nearly had a heart attack though lol

I am very much enjoying reading all the super stories on here :)

Reminded myself of the time 2 years ago at another SM event where I met Lars Mikkelsen. For some reason I was petrified at the thought of meeting him which was so very stupid as he was beyond lovely. But of course as he stretched his hand out to shake mine I grabbed hold of him and before I know what I was sayin squealed "I'm really sweaty."

So if I'm honest my encounters with both Mikkelsen brothers haven't been that great....

Edited by Zonky
  • Like 1

Reminded myself of the time 2 years ago at another SM event where I met Lars Mikkelsen.

I wonder which one that could have been :whistling:

That's where I had my 'blooper' with a certain show lead cast member. :blush:

Reminded myself of the time 2 years ago at another SM event where I met Lars Mikkelsen.

I wonder which one that could have been :whistling:

That's where I had my 'blooper' with a certain show lead cast member. :blush:

This is a sharing place Raylenth spill

• Like 1

It was nothing really but as others have experienced with their bloopers it's forever scared in my mind as an 'OMG WHY THE HELL DID I DO THAT' moment that the guest is actually never going to think about or even remember again.

I had crocheted Benedict a little dragon that I wanted to give him in the auto queue but was so hyped up by finally getting to meet him properly and the absorbed hype of the mass crowd that my brain was working even less than usual. Combined with being cack handed at the best of times I was getting stressed in the queue as i was juggling big bags in a line that we were all squashed into, rushing through, getting really hot and shaky and I just turned into a sweating ball of frozen brained blubber by the time I got to him. I think I said in a really shaky voice 'I made this for you' and went to pass it over, He gestured with his pen to mean 'give it to my assistant' but I didn't get it and tried to hand it over again, he gestured again ect..... this happened about 3 times, and I can't even remember how it happened as it's all blank, whether Ben actually said 'Give it to my assistant' or if I just realised, but suddenly I was passing it over to her and rushing out!

:rolleyes:

I might try and do another one in the hope I can see him again and try again calmly!

Edited by Raylenth

Challenge; read through this whole thread without wincing/suffering from second-hand embarrassment.

Does first hand embarrassment count?

I was going to say I hope this year there are less bloopers but in all honesty, they make great pub discussions!

okay i have told this story before .. but here goes

Lfcc 2015 ... my first ever convention ... me an my wife walk in and we head to the autograph area ... im a huge fan of the bobba fett character . so headed to Jeremy Bulloch auto q . there was only one guy in front of me in the q and no one else . i was excited and i had loads of questions ready .... we walk up i hand him my bobba fett funko pop and he says hi ....... my brain just breaks . "hi" i squeak back ... "where do you want it signed " he asks ... "any where i squeak back . my wife is now looking at me oddly .. he signs it hands it me back and waits for a question etc ... i squeak "thanks" and just walk away . i have met him again the photo shoot being another story lol . but my wife has never let me forget it and now i'm a lot better with guests now ... i think

jb_1.png

Edited by teskothemad
  • Like 1

It was nothing really but as others have experienced with their bloopers it's forever scared in my mind as an 'OMG WHY THE HELL DID I DO THAT' moment that the guest is actually never going to think about or even remember again.

I had crocheted Benedict a little dragon that I wanted to give him in the auto queue but was so hyped up by finally getting to meet him properly and the absorbed hype of the mass crowd that my brain was working even less than usual. Combined with being cack handed at the best of times I was getting stressed in the queue as i was juggling big bags in a line that we were all squashed into, rushing through, getting really hot and shaky and I just turned into a sweating ball of frozen brained blubber by the time I got to him. I think I said in a really shaky voice 'I made this for you' and went to pass it over, He gestured with his pen to mean 'give it to my assistant' but I didn't get it and tried to hand it over again, he gestured again ect..... this happened about 3 times, and I can't even remember how it happened as it's all blank, whether Ben actually said 'Give it to my assistant' or if I just realised, but suddenly I was passing it over to her and rushing out!

I might try and do another one in the hope I can see him again and try again calmly!

I feel your pain Raylenth :( I know I met the Cumberbaps because I've got the auto to prove it but I barely remember a thing!

I had made him a small clay Sherlock figurine and don't really think I managed to say anything along the lines of I've got you a gift, I just slid it slowly across the table staring intently.

• Like 1

I feel your pain Raylenth :( I know I met the Cumberbaps because I've got the auto to prove it but I barely remember a thing!

I had made him a small clay Sherlock figurine and don't really think I managed to say anything along the lines of I've got you a gift, I just slid it slowly across the table staring intently.

It could be worse as well Zonky, you could have thrown it at him :smile:

I put my hand firmly on Sigourney Weavers bottom.... accidentally obviously.

She didn't flinch. It wasn't my fault, she had massive heels on and was well over 6 foot. My hand went to the average place on a ladies waist... sadly in Sigourneys body that was right on her bum. I instantly readjusted to her waist... oops.

So I can say I put my hand on her bum, but it was an accident and security never threw me out gladly... phew. The second photo with her she had no heels on, it went better haha

I think I might have accidentally touched Gemma Whelan's bum when I had my photo shoot.

I don't know if I did or not but I'm still cringing about it.

• Like 2

Haha you joke but I have seen some guests hug and put hands on bums hah

I've seen a certain Mr. Barrowman do more than that. He seems to have an uncanny ability to know who will be OK with it - which apparently is the majority of people.

• Like 1

Only just seen this thread.

A few years ago at my first LFCC (2011) I had a photo booked with Alex Kingston on the Sunday morning. Unfortunately I'd been somewhat out on the lash on the Saturday night, and I was stuck with a raging hangover. Spent the entire time queuing for the shoot feeling horrendous, and when I finally reached Alex, it transpired that my face wouldn't work.

The photographer, bless him, must have tried about eight times to get a decent shot where I was looking even slightly towards the camera. Alex thought I was really nervous, whereas in actual fact I was simply trying not to throw up on her.

The eventual shot was alright, once I'd photoshopped my eyes to face the right time zone.

Don't drink and con, folks.

• Like 6

Only just seen this thread.

A few years ago at my first LFCC (2011) I had a photo booked with Alex Kingston on the Sunday morning. Unfortunately I'd been somewhat out on the lash on the Saturday night, and I was stuck with a raging hangover. Spent the entire time queuing for the shoot feeling horrendous, and when I finally reached Alex, it transpired that my face wouldn't work.

The photographer, bless him, must have tried about eight times to get a decent shot where I was looking even slightly towards the camera. Alex thought I was really nervous, whereas in actual fact I was simply trying not to throw up on her.

The eventual shot was alright, once I'd photoshopped my eyes to face the right time zone.

Don't drink and con, folks.

uuuugh i did that once, just once and regretted it sooo much that i refused to drink more then one pint whilst in london when i have a con to visit. we go to this awesome medieval type bar that has drinks served in tankards and its super tempting to get the yummy ale on the friday night meal we are after making a LFCC tradition now but i refuse cause now that im in my 30's the hangovers actually hurt! i mean i am in actual pain lol. i dont even need that much, just two pints and two shots and im done.