Comic Con Bloopers

Zonky

The first ever photoshoot I had was with Armin Shimerman. I was pretty nervous, and his greeting to me was "Hello, are you well?" which at the time was the most difficult question I'd ever heard so I just stared at him for a few seconds before turning to face the photographer.

I had to come up with a plan for photoshoots, so I started walking up to the guest, holding my hand out for a handshake and saying "Hi, how are you?". This was working great until Tony Head (who is one of my faves) held his hand out for a handshake and said "Hi, how are you?" before I could. Again my brain could not compute so I shook his hand and said "Hi, how are you?" He said "Well, I guess we're both fine" and turned to the photographer.

Not really a blooper but thought i tell you Guys & Girls my most embarrassed moment

LFCC few years back!! went up to see Mickie James at her table for autograph all calm and relaxed until I opened my mouth 😂😂 she just couldn't understand what i was saying cause of my Scottish accent, had to repeat my name about 20 time and she still didn't get it!! just glad the girl beside her understood as i was ready just to walk away at that point.. never been so embarrassed in my whole life..😣😣😂

Edited by malky

The real cringe moment came during the photoshoot. Since I had two props with me for my cosplay, a gun and a sword, I figured it would be fun if he held one of them for our photo. So instead of telling him this in no uncertain terms like a normal person, it got to my turn and I just walked up to him and went "choose your weapon, darling". Why. Why this. I never call people darling and yet I walked right up to Costas Mandylor and said it right to his face.

How is that a blooper? It sounds honestly awesome!

I don't think you comprehend the intensity of the crush I have on this man.

• Like 1

The real cringe moment came during the photoshoot. Since I had two props with me for my cosplay, a gun and a sword, I figured it would be fun if he held one of them for our photo. So instead of telling him this in no uncertain terms like a normal person, it got to my turn and I just walked up to him and went "choose your weapon, darling". Why. Why this. I never call people darling and yet I walked right up to Costas Mandylor and said it right to his face.

Love makes fools of us all

Love makes fools of us all

He wasn't supposed to know though... self, thou art foolish.

Small blooper at DST, poster tube accidentally got swapped at a photoshoot, didn't realize till I went to get a signing, thankfully the person who made the mistake returned to the scene of the crime. got them back and she got hers.

Now I have doodled on my tube to make sure that doesn't happen again!

I just use Jakar tubes and stick my favourite stickers on them, plus I can sling it on my back without worrying if someone face gets hit.

• 2 weeks later...

While meeting Rutger Hauer, he asks my name - says it out loud multiple times 'Amy! Hello Amy' and starts to write 'May' on my poster.

He looks up and says "oh no, I f**ked it up!"

I say "Don't worry it's perfect, really".

He stares right through me with those terrifying, yet seductive glacial blue eyes, and gives me this 'Don't you dare lie to me' look.

Permanently scarred, in a good way.

• Like 6

Not really a blooper but thought i tell you Guys & Girls my most embarrassed moment

LFCC few years back!! went up to see Mickie James at her table for autograph all calm and relaxed until I opened my mouth she just couldn't understand what i was saying cause of my Scottish accent, had to repeat my name about 20 time and she still didn't get it!! just glad the girl beside her understood as i was ready just to walk away at that point.. never been so embarrassed in my whole life..

I have learned to tame the weegie when meeting guests at conventions, however sometimes it manages to escape, like when I accidentally threatened Sylvester McCoy a good few years ago.

In my mind I had said to him at the auto table, "Oh I have a photoshoot later, see you there!" instead as my friend told me later I actually just pointed at him and in a very angry Glaswegian accent just said "I'll see you later." :blush:

• Like 3

LFCC few years back!! went up to see Mickie James at her table for autograph all calm and relaxed until I opened my mouth she just couldn't understand what i was saying cause of my Scottish accent, had to repeat my name about 20 time and she still didn't get it!! just glad the girl beside her understood as i was ready just to walk away at that point.. never been so embarrassed in my whole life..

I have learned to tame the weegie when meeting guests at conventions, however sometimes it manages to escape, like when I accidentally threatened Sylvester McCoy a good few years ago.

In my mind I had said to him at the auto table, "Oh I have a photoshoot later, see you there!" instead as my friend told me later I actually just pointed at him and in a very angry Glaswegian accent just said "I'll see you later." :blush:

You're the reason guests get security guards?!

• Like 1

I have the complete opposite issue. My accent tends to fluctuate depending on who I'm speaking to (not just at conventions; it happens all the time and it's embarrassingly beyond my control). When I told Michael Emerson my name he made a comment about a family film that references my name and I was horribly aware of my response "Yes! Yes, exactly, that's me!" coming out with a strong American twang. Same thing ended up happening with Costas Mandylor, resulting in me falling into an odd mix of American-Australian-English.

It's brilliant when I go talk to an American guest at one table, and then go over to the English guest at the table next to them, and crew members give me that awkward "wait, what?" glance. Kill me.

Edited by Faerie Tanith
  • Like 1

I have the complete opposite issue. My accent tends to fluctuate depending on who I'm speaking to (not just at conventions; it happens all the time and it's embarrassingly beyond my control). When I told Michael Emerson my name he made a comment about a family film that references my name and I was horribly aware of my response "Yes! Yes, exactly, that's me!" coming out with a strong American twang. Same thing ended up happening with Costas Mandylor, resulting in me falling into an odd mix of American-Australian-English.

It's brilliant when I go talk to an American guest at one table, and then go over to the English guest at the table next to them, and crew members give me that awkward "wait, what?" glance. Kill me.

Ke Huy Quan told me this year that he loved my accent :blush:. I never really thought about it before as (like everyone I suppose) I don't really consider myself to have an accent. I wonder how I sound to people that think I do?

• Like 1

I made a bit of an ass of myself getting my Adam Copeland photo this year. I couldn't get my words out for some reason 😄 nerves I guess & then we got each muddled up which hand we were shaking! But he was cool it was just a bit of a laugh in the end

A wee idea that's been floating about my head for a while now. Just about everyone has a story about meeting a guest that may not have gone to plan...be it a photo, auto experience or just bumping into them randomly *cough* Madsen Mikkelsen when drunk at the hotel lifts *cough*.

After the con last year in the pub our wee group had many laughs sharing photos and stories, for example knocking something over on the desk and looking down just as the photo was taken resulting in a photograph where they lovingly gazed into the guests eyes...

I have had many mishaps but this year when it came to meeting Kim Coates I was a human disaster. Clearly in awe of his beautiful aura I was unable to control my face and this photo happened...

j0yw3n.jpg

And then this...I look like a flabby blob so the rest of the body was cropped out but I appear to be stroking his neck??? Why????

1g6r9i.jpg

So does anyone have any funny stories they would be willing to share? Give us all a bit of a giggle? :) cause if you can't laugh at yourself let us laugh for you!!

fz2OzNu.jpgWould this happen to be the picture you are referring to? ;P

It wasn't LFCC but I was at another con this year but I met one of my childhood heroes, he asked my name but I had a real sore throat and couldn't speak very loudly and being in a loud convention center he couldn't hear me saying my name was Charlie, he thought I had said darling and then referred to me as darling when he spoke to my sister on the phone :D

Same con, got really excited about something and in the rush left my signed Lord of the Rings poster on a desk. Luckily no one pinched it! :clap:

A wee idea that's been floating about my head for a while now. Just about everyone has a story about meeting a guest that may not have gone to plan...be it a photo, auto experience or just bumping into them randomly *cough* Madsen Mikkelsen when drunk at the hotel lifts *cough*.

After the con last year in the pub our wee group had many laughs sharing photos and stories, for example knocking something over on the desk and looking down just as the photo was taken resulting in a photograph where they lovingly gazed into the guests eyes...

I have had many mishaps but this year when it came to meeting Kim Coates I was a human disaster. Clearly in awe of his beautiful aura I was unable to control my face and this photo happened...

j0yw3n.jpg

And then this...I look like a flabby blob so the rest of the body was cropped out but I appear to be stroking his neck??? Why????

1g6r9i.jpg

So does anyone have any funny stories they would be willing to share? Give us all a bit of a giggle? :) cause if you can't laugh at yourself let us laugh for you!!

fz2OzNu.jpgWould this happen to be the picture you are referring to? ;P

It wasn't LFCC but I was at another con this year but I met one of my childhood heroes, he asked my name but I had a real sore throat and couldn't speak very loudly and being in a loud convention center he couldn't hear me saying my name was Charlie, he thought I had said darling and then referred to me as darling when he spoke to my sister on the phone :D

Same con, got really excited about something and in the rush left my signed Lord of the Rings poster on a desk. Luckily no one pinched it! :clap:

i can testify to the stories of his from other con... quite funny. though still think you are lucky not to have lost your poster!!

accidentally... ;)

You and me both Smithy! I'm just glad the majority of con goers are nice people.

Had the most awkward hand shake with Jeremy Renner last year as well in the photo op. Went to shake his hand and the crew member shouted to hurry even though I had only just walked in, I jumped and put my hand down, he put his hand out then as I saw, he took it down and I put my hand back out and this happened a few times... Ended up shaking his hand after the photo was taken. It was only a few seconds but it seemed like a looooong long awkward time

• Like 1

accidentally... ;)

You and me both Smithy! I'm just glad the majority of con goers are nice people.

Had the most awkward hand shake with Jeremy Renner last year as well in the photo op. Went to shake his hand and the crew member shouted to hurry even though I had only just walked in, I jumped and put my hand down, he put his hand out then as I saw, he took it down and I put my hand back out and this happened a few times... Ended up shaking his hand after the photo was taken. It was only a few seconds but it seemed like a looooong long awkward time

You are just the best awkward person

accidentally... ;)

I'm willing to challenge that! :P

At a non Showmasters event I made the error of mistaking Ethan Phillips (Neelix - Star Trek Voyager) for John Billingsley (Dr Phlox - Star Trek Enterprise). John had a guest appearance on Scrubs for which I complimented Ethan for. Whilst Ethan humoured me and said "thank you" his blank expression said it all. It wasn't until later on in the day I realised what I'd done. I was so embarrassed I avoided Ethans table for the rest of the day.

At a London Showmasters event I forgot to bring with me a dvd cover of "They Live" that had already been signed by Rowdy Roddy Piper. I was gutted when I went up to Meg Foster and realised I left it at home. It's since been signed by Keith David but if Meg ever comes over again you can rest assured I won't forget it again!

Edited by LSM
  • Like 1

accidentally... ;)

I'm willing to challenge that! :P

Awkward face off...FIGHT

One year I was crewing the winter LFCC and was meeting Ryan Robbins :wub: for the second time. I was stationed within ogling distance of his desk all day and when he didn't have a queue I quickly abandoned my post and went scurrying over for my autograph. He greeted me with a very enthusiastic "Hello Lisa, nice to see you!". Of course my jaw hit the floor as my hysterical inner fangirl assumed he had remembered me from years before. It clearly showed, and he made a point of teasing me when I asked how he had remembered my name. I must have looked so pleased with myself for making such an impression the first time round...

It wasn't until I walked away that I looked down and realised I still had my name badge on. I died right there. And then stood there dead for the next four hours trying not to look at him :WINCE:

Why do these things happen to good people?

• Like 4

Your man from the princess and the frog and i had a funny little random moment. i finally got the time to meet him in my busy day but it happened because he was taking a video of me because he really liked my costume, i was dressed as charlie chaplin. i approached him and didn't realize (how i don't know, i must have had blinders on lol) that lads were there in front of me, one getting an autograph on a big old poster. i was so embarrassed i went to stand behind them and apologized to everyone but one of the guys was so amused he let me go i front of him. i was too awkward to refuse him so took his offer and quickly had my meet and greet moment with the actor and ran away lol.