Who was your favourite guest to attend a Collectormania?

showmasters

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Linda Hamilton - she was very kind and made a big impression on me. She was very genuine and had time to talk to everyone, shake hands, and smile, and it was a genuine smile not a forced one. I remember her initial words to me were "Hi, great to see you again babydoll". I had a friend at the time who was going to see her overseas following Collectormania and I remember writing her a thank you card which was passed onto Linda on my behalf (yes there was a photo of the event)

The other person at Collectormania who sticks out in my mind is Bonnie Langford, we got held up in traffic and so I missed her photo-shoot and I was explaining this to her and she asked if I'd like to have some pictures taken by her signing table, my friend took photos of her as she and I were chatting and she looks very concerned in some of them. She was very pleasant indeed.

Finally Marina Sirtis in 2008 at Collectormania Midlands, I'd seen her a couple of times previously and she was appearing at Collectormania Manchester the following weekend and she asked me... what's the Manchester show like? Are there any places to get food? We're out in the middle of nowhere here (referring to the location of the Ricoh Arena in Coventry) and my stomach feels like my bloody throat's been cut!" The first time I saw her at another event she told me I had real life Troi hair and at Collectormania Midlands, I opted for a photo-shoot with her at which she again said "I do love your hair". As it happened we were also going to the Manchester Collectormania the following weekend at which, she turned to her assistant and said "I covet Matt's hair". I have a friend who has had many warm and wonderful interactions with her both online and personally and I know just how fantastic she is, every time!

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if it was Collectormania but SM did a show in Coventry in 2006 (I think) at which both Ernie Hudson and Bruce Campbell were in attendance.

What made the show memorable was that I got them both to sign my copy of Tornado. I went to Bruce first and he was surprised to be signing that particular film, he then proceeded to tell me a story about the first time he met Ernie on set.

I crossed to the other side of the venue and went to see Ernie who told me he had never signed a copy of Tornado before so he didn't know what to write. He then went on to tell me the exact same story Bruce had about the first time they met which for this fanboy was pretty epic.

• Like 1

This was my first collectormania.

I would have to say Pele, never thought I'd ever get the opportunity.  Very genuine fellow and wanted to chat.

The other I would say Gazza, great banter - there's one lad who hasn't let the £ go to his head and will always be one of the lads.

Always John Barrowman. - because he's John & I love him 

First time I met Misha Collins (but that was EMS London) - see comments above but replace the name John with Misha.

Pele - awesome lovely legend of a man

Tony Curtis ( Autographica)  - truly charismatic Hollywood superstar even in his 80s

Edited by kingbantam

Colin Salmon at LFCCW '14

Ray Park LFCC '15

Dean Cain CM '17.

Theres too many guests that I've met over the years to narrow them down, but I'd love to see some guests return that were at shows I didn't attend, like Nathan Fillion, Jewel Staite, Celina Jade, Sebastian Dunn.

Would have to say Pele, very humble and genuine, he would of loved to of had a chat  but, not sure if it was his manager, we were being told to move along, although Pele hadn't finished talking. Was a truly awesome experience with someone I thought I would never meet

On 2017-6-7 at 0:41 PM, lallen said:

Would have to say Pele, very humble and genuine, he would of loved to of had a chat  but, not sure if it was his manager, we were being told to move along, although Pele hadn't finished talking. Was a truly awesome experience with someone I thought I would never meet

I had that during the photo but then during the autograph it seemed like no pressure to move on and enough for a quick chat.

I've had that on a fair few photo shoots now Sigourney being the most recent- but once again kind of rushed on during photo shoot but coming to the autograph much more relaxed atmosphere and time given.

So no complaints here I just expect it to be that way now, which is fair enough as there's obviously a reason for it and you do get the opportunity during the autograph usually.  But I only did start to notice that after I'd been to a few + a bit unlucky if you're only getting a photo.