Collectormania will return in 2017

showmasters

Thank you for the patronising tone. However, you seem to miss the point. There are numerous conventions, however, none of them are called collectormania. What's the difference between collectormania and any other convention.

If there is no difference then what is the point of the announcement....

The last collectormania was at mk. I get the point if the announcement is a return to mk

But if not they would have announced a new event coming

Gosh, I'm sorry you read my post as patronising when I really didn't mean it as such. I don't believe I missed the point though. Your question was - will it be in Milton Keynes. I simply answered that we don't know where it will be and will find out in due course which is the truth. I can make up something if you'd like? Showmasters have personally told me in a private text that it is going to be held in London Aquarium in the shark tank. Guest will be provided with scuba gear but we will just have to hold our breath when we go down to meet them.

I'm not sure what you are going on about in your post though, why you are talking about differences and numerous other conventions when I didn't bring that up in any way, shape or form?

If you read something else in my response then I'm sorry but it doesn't contain any hidden meaning, I'm not alluding to anything else in it.

Thank you for the patronising tone. However, you seem to miss the point. There are numerous conventions, however, none of them are called collectormania. What's the difference between collectormania and any other convention.

The last collectormania was at mk. I get the point if the announcement is a return to mk

The original Collectormania was held in a shopping center. Could as well mean we have a Collectormania in Bluewater, they have a shopping center there as far as I recall. [Disclaimer: I have no info about the event in any way, shape or form. Just trying to give an answer to a question that is somewhat reasonable.]

By no means I found Raylenth's post patronising. She was reacting to a post that seemed just be asking for info that SM currently can't give. I got your post the same way, and if Raylenth had not beat me to it you would have got pretty much had the same reply from me.

I'm really sorry if this upsets you. But I must admit I don't understand your reaction at all.

So far the announcement reads an event called Collectormania is returning in 2017. No ifs, no buts, no addendums.

It does not mean anything about location, size, venue, type of guests, type of tickets etc. This is all to be announced.

You asked a question about something that can't be confirmed and got this answer. Any questions about details will get this answer again. Again sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but until SM announces more details this is all anyone will tell you.

hmmmm, so what is the difference between collectormania and the film and comic convention title? is it that there are no comic guests at collectormania?

Collectormania was the one that started it all. London Film and Comic Con started off as London exclusive. I guess - and this is really just a personal guess - was that the Comic Con name was continued to be used for local shows now because the original Collectormania was no more. There were Collectormania Glasgow or Collectormania London shows before too.

You are correct that the MK Collectormanias had no Comic Guests - at least not as far as I remember - but I really don't know if that was the reason for the difference in names. The London and Glasgow shows had comic guests if I recall correctly.

It doesn't offend me. I just don't understand.. perhaps it's me but I didn't get the difference in names.

I don't want to go in to branding and marketing, but unless there is a tangible difference having two names just confuses consumers. From rereasing this thread I am not the only one...

I had incorrectly assumed it was at mk as the thread made a point of stating cm was returning and there was lots of people asking about it. Should have considered the local shows but they abandoned the collector mania branding several years but mk kept it...

personally I wouldn't have announced it until a venue and date was confirmed but it's not my business and Jason knows what he is doing.

Ps if it is at the London aquarium I cannot swim

It doesn't offend me. I just don't understand.. perhaps it's me but I didn't get the difference in names.

I don't want to go in to branding and marketing, but unless there is a tangible difference having two names just confuses consumers. From rereasing this thread I am not the only one...

I had incorrectly assumed it was at mk as the thread made a point of stating cm was returning and there was lots of people asking about it. Should have considered the local shows but they abandoned the collector mania branding several years but mk kept it...

personally I wouldn't have announced it until a venue and date was confirmed but it's not my business and Jason knows what he is doing.

Ps if it is at the London aquarium I cannot swim

It's similar to the "guest announcement Friday" topics. Jason just likes doing this.

having two names just confuses consumers. From rereasing this thread I am not the only one...

To be honest I think I'm surprised Showmasters don't make more of the Collectomania brand - that can be copyrighted - it even got a free plug in a film - whereas from Facebook it seems anyone and everyone is holding comic cons of late. Especially now SM are going all over the country (even Europe) it can get hard to tell for the smaller events who the organiser is. Only takes one bad experience to put people off.

Could as well mean we have a Collectormania in Bluewater, they have a shopping center there as far as I recall

Its a shame that never happened, I was looking forward to that one.

I appreciate why Collectormania had to move but I did like that it was originally in the shopping centre, it meant you could go and look around the shops whilst you were waiting for your tickets to be called.

Hi Kev, it would be nice if your next post could have a distinctly apologetic tone, aimed towards Raylenth.

• Like 1

I think you usually announce any details here at the same time as social media? I'm not on any social media so this is my only way of being up to date.!! I hope it will be back in Milton Keynes as well.

Yes, they will post it here at roughly the same time (might be a few minutes later, but essentially at the same time)