Introductions! Are you coming? Who are you? :-)

Stenun

Firefly is one my top five shows ever. The dialogue is just so perfect and all the characters so great.

My first ever photoshoot in cosplay was with Summer Glau, with the Supermario costume that can be seen on my avatar. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or I was making a fool of myself... but she said "This is great, I love it!" Case closed. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/01/2017 at 9:47 AM, RoryMcGarrett said:

I have 1 funko. That's it. I am not a fan of funko pops to be honest.

I haven't bought any yet.  But I might start getting some if I see some around the Con I want. :smile:

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Rob

My main fandoms: Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, The Walking Dead, Buffy/Angel and Digimon. 

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike:

Stranger Things 

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met:

Mads Mikkelsen 

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met:

Jeremy Renner

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet:

Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Andrew Lincoln or Mark Hamill 

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Friday, Saturday and Sunday!

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: I dress like Logan or Joel from The Last of Us. 

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Merchandise Stands for rare Funko Pops and the hotdog stand in the talk hall. (They sell Aspalls cider there!) 

Favourite Colour: Purple

Favourite Movie: The Empire Strikes Back

Favourite Food: ASDA create your own pizza!

Favourite Book: Only Forward by Michael Marshall Smith

Favourite Series Of Books: Harry Potter

Favourite Video Game: SW: KOTOR/KOTOR 2

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: My Kenny Baker signed R2-D2 pop vinyl.

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Steve

My Rough Age: 35 plus or minus 10-20 years. Is that rough enough?

My Main Fandoms: LoTR, Star Wars, Dr Who, Star Trek, GoT, Marvel

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: None.

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Jason Isaacs

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: William Shatner

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Ian McKellen &/or Patrick Stewart

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be:Tom Baker

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Friday p.m. to Sunday p.m.

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Geek t-shirts or cosplays: 4th Doctor, Jedi, 'Portly Spock' (you'll know me when you see me - I'll be with 'Chunky Kirk'!) 

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Geek out, stroll around the halls in cosplay (or 'Geek civvies') soaking up the atmosphere & feeling at home with 'my people,' buy overpriced / rare merch, drink, party & eat junk food

Favourite Colour: Black

Favourite Movie: LoTR trilogy

Favourite Food: Chinese

Favourite Book: Silmarillion

Favourite Series Of Books: LoTR trilogy

Favourite Video Game:Mass Effect series (except the original ending of ME3 - don't go there, please, I'm only just out of therapy)

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: A tie between my Illuminating Gandalf Staff and my Remote Control ToS Phaser Prop

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: I'll get back to you on that - I need to think about it

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: Hello to Jason Isaacs!

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: Why spoil the surprise?

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Craig

My Rough Age: 36

My Main Fandoms: Star Wars (strictly).  All things from that galaxy far, far away.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: I strangely refuse to watch Game of Thrones.  Why?  I really don't know. Weird!!

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Carrie Fisher

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Samuel L. Jackson

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Mark Hammill (came so close at one point - however my VQ ticket 'just' missed out)

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Mark Hammill

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Saturday only

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Saved my Rogue One 'Scarif' t-shirt for the Saturday

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: I'll go with the flow, me.  'Plan on scoping the entire grounds if I get time

Favourite Colour: Black

Favourite Movie: Star Wars (A New Hope)

Favourite Food: Chinese

Favourite Video Game: Dino Crisis (PS1)

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: My SW autograph collection if this counts? Makes me proud.

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: Recently gotten my Princess Leia tattoo which I've been wanting since like the age of 4.

Here's me and my son at 'something' Star Wars 2 weeks ago... he's slowly but surely feeling the love!! 

SWFFD1_zpsuiaons3s.jpg

May the force be with you...

Edited by Admiral Ackbar
  • Like 2

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Lois

My Rough Age: 43 ( I'm not ashamed of my age )

My Main Fandoms: Horror, Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, Star Wars

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Doctor Who, Star Trek

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: All of them

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Dolph Lundgren

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Kurt Russell or Brigitte Nielsen

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Anyone is possible so hopefully the above

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Saturday and Sunday

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Red Sonja T Shirt

Favourite Colour: Black

Favourite Movie: Too many to mention but LOTR, SW, Indy, The Fog, Halloween etc

Favourite Food: Pizza

Favourite Book: Don't Read much

Favourite Series Of Books: Meg and Mog

Favourite Video Game: Pitfall ( Atari 2600, showing my age now )

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Hellraiser Box

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: :D

I want to mention that i was called Red Sonja on this forum, don't know why my real name is showing and can't change it

18 minutes ago, lois Lawson said:

I want to mention that i was called Red Sonja on this forum, don't know why my real name is showing and can't change it

That's happened with the forum update. It's happened with 1 other user that I know of, Red. I think the mods may be able to change it back for you. :smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! 

After 3 years of near religious levels of checking this forum as a lurker, I have finally decided to start posting regularly. Thought that this would be a good place to start.

My name is Matt, i'm a 22 year old seasoned con goer in general, but have only been attending showsmasters events for 3 years. I collect autos and pictures from Joss whedon shows, arrowverse shows, star wars, halo (suprisingly a really high quality voice cast), power rangers and pretty much any of my favourite sci fi and fantasy movies as well as the occasional football autograph from CM

Picked up 3 diamond passes so far (john cleese, alan tudyk and tom wilson) and hope to meet many more guests at the event! Hope to see some of you guys too! 

• Like 2

My name is Tom. I used to crew for showmasters. I've been attending since 2003. Long time attendee

I am living in New Zealand

I work at Weta Workshop. I make prosthetic hobbit and elf ears aswell as chainmaille. If you have ever been to a convention and had prosthetic ears applied by Warren they will probably be ones I made :-)

Jason gets such good guests he makes me travel the entire world to attend.

I'm 28 this year

I normally bring my mum as it gets her out the house and I don't get too see her much as she lives in the Uk

If you see me come say hi. Will be there all 3 days. 

Best way to describe me. I'm 5ft6 brown eyes brown hair. Caucasian male probably wearing weta workshop crew gear or hobbit crew gear :-) 

Look forward to bumping into some of you 

• Like 4

I used to do something alone these lines for Hallowhedon. *cries*  OK, here goes...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Amanda.  Or, "O Captain!  My Captain!"

My Rough Age:  Graaaaaa47aaaar.  Rough enough for you?

My Main Fandoms: Star Wars, Star Trek, BtVS, Supernatural, Elementary, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who, OK, stopping now.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Well, I never liked Arrested Development.  Ooo, and I tried watching the original Twin Peaks and decided it was bat$#@!.  I loved David Lynch's Dune, but this was too much.

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE.  On the shortlist: Robert Englund, Michael Ironside, Nathan Fillion, George Takei...

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Define "Big".  I suppose Terry Pratchett and Patrick Stewart are probably the most recognizable...

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: I have a list, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan is at the top of it.  Have been Denied so far for various reasons...

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Hey, JDM is totally possible.  One day.  More possible than David Boreanaz, say.

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Sat/Sun.

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Some non-fandom-specific metal T-shirt.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Meet friends and do a spot of exercise.  Oh, and perhaps Dreeenk.  The local Pizza Express does a quite decent Prosecco...

Favourite Colour: Black.

Favourite Movie: I like lots of movies, but the game-changer was Star Wars.

Favourite Food: Anything involving lots of flavours.  Pizza, tapas, whatever.

Favourite Book: This is like asking me who my favourite child is.  If I had any.  But you get the gist.

Favourite Series Of Books: Probably The Dresden Files.  I do have an appalling amount of love for that series.

Favourite Video Game: The Longest Journey.  Yeah, haven't played for a while.

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: My Godsend sword that I bought at one of the Eclipse (Heroes) cons.

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Who? :P

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I Am Geek.

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: If I don't want to mention it, it's not going in here.  (My friends probably know all there is to know about me already.) :D 

5 hours ago, theentsrgoingtowar said:

My name is Tom. I used to crew for showmasters. I've been attending since 2003. Long time attendee

I am living in New Zealand

I work at Weta Workshop. I make prosthetic hobbit and elf ears aswell as chainmaille. If you have ever been to a convention and had prosthetic ears applied by Warren they will probably be ones I made :-)

Jason gets such good guests he makes me travel the entire world to attend.

I'm 28 this year

I normally bring my mum as it gets her out the house and I don't get too see her much as she lives in the Uk

If you see me come say hi. Will be there all 3 days. 

Best way to describe me. I'm 5ft6 brown eyes brown hair. Caucasian male probably wearing weta workshop crew gear or hobbit crew gear :-) 

Look forward to bumping into some of you 

How do I get your job?!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, theentsrgoingtowar said:

Haha right place at the right time :-) and a little bit of artistic creativity under your belt always helps :-) 

I hope to move to New Zealand one day. Weta would be my dream company to work for.

I lurk here far too often & rarely post these days. So I'm jumping back in at last!

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Rachael. Rach. Rachey. Oi you!!!

My Rough Age:  30

My Main Fandoms: Harry Potter. LotR/The Hobbit, Star Wars, GoT, Marvel, TWD

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: I wouldn't say I dislike it, but the DC tv shows just don't do it for me.

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Amir Arison & Mads Mikkelsen.

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Carrie Fisher, Jeremy Renner & Stan Lee

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint & JK Rowling. I sense a theme here!! lol And Tom Hiddleston!

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: I'm sure they're realistic!!!

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: All weekend!

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Haven't a foggiest yet!! I often threaten to come in my pyjamas, maybe I will this year!

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Seeing my friends, spending far too much money on fandom jewellery & art prints & getting my step count up!

Favourite Colour: Pink!!

Favourite Movie: All time fave is One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest. But I love so many more. Bit of a film geek!!!

Favourite Food: Everything! GIMMIE ALL THE FOOD

Favourite Book: His Dark Materials buy Phillip Pullman

Favourite Series Of Books: See above ^^

Favourite Video Game: Tales Of Symphonia

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: I don't really know. Do tattoos count?!

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Errrrmmmm.....

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: Nope!

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: Deffo nope!!

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Johannes / Jojo / Jo

My Rough Age: 19

My Main Fandoms: Marvel, DC, Vikings

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: not the biggest fan of the Horror Genre

Favourite Guests I've So Far Met: Dean Cain, Olga Fonda, Manu Bennett, Clive Standen

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Ron Perlman

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Jessica Chastain

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Stephen Amell

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Saturday and Sunday

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: A Stephen Amell Represent Shirt of some kind

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Spending my money on stuff I don't need at all

Favourite Colour: Orange

Favourite Movie: Interstellar

Favourite Food: Mexican

Favourite Series Of Books: Harry Potter

Favourite Video Game: Arkham City

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Blu Ray

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: 

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: This will be my first convention outside of Germany

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention:  Not really

• 2 weeks later...