Introductions! Are you coming? Who are you? :-)

Stenun

• 2 weeks later...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Gary

My Rough Age: 35

My Main Fandoms: Star Wars, Marvel, ASOIAF (Game of Thrones), Doctor Who, Red Dwarf, Batman, Tolkien,

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: The Walking Dead

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: This will be my first con :o

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: n/a

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Angelina Jolie

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: David Tennant

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Not sure yet, probably all 3.

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: A smile and a cigar ;) Probably jeans and a geeky tee.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: See what it is all about as I've never been before

Favourite Colour: Purple

Favourite Movie: Star Wars

Favourite Food: Pizza :D

Favourite Book: The Hobbit

Favourite Series Of Books: ASOIAF or Tolkien

Favourite Video Game:Civilization games

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Geeky Tee

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: The Who and the What now? lol.

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I am Batman :o

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: On Thursdays I go by Susan - Not really it is Alice ;)

• Like 2

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Natalie

My Rough Age: 30

My Main Fandoms: Red Dwarf, Hellboy, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts, LOTR, Doctor Who, Back to the Future.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Lost

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Either Christopher Lloyd or Matthew Lewis.

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Christopher Lloyd

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Gary Oldman

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: No. Only Gary. Gary is life.

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Saturday

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Black jeans and a t-shirt.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: check out the YALC. I'm a self published YA author and have an interest in the professionals.

Favourite Colour: Pink.

Favourite Movie: Hellboy

Favourite Food: Takoyaki

Favourite Book: A Room with a View

Favourite Series Of Books: Harry Potter

Favourite Video Game:Monkey Island games or Pokemon series.

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: I have a collage of Harry Potter items (personalised acceptance letter, chocolate frog cards, etc.)

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Nunets.

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I am friendly but also claustrophobic so if I seem a bit panicky or anything I might be freaking out a little please send help lol.

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: Where I put the bodies. What?

• Like 3

Well, it looks like I am officially coming now so I guess I should do one of these...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Sam

My Rough Age: Somewhere between 32 and 34. Until May, then I will be somewhere between 33 and 35

My Main Fandoms: GHOSTBUSTERS, Alien, LotR/Hobbit, Marvel, Firefly, you know what, just go read my profile, I listed a load in there.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: I don't really dislike any fandoms I'm just not into GoT or Dr Who or many other things. Oh, wait. Ghostbusters 2016, does that count? I hated that.

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Sigourney Weaver. She was pure class!

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Michael J Fox/Sigourney Weaver

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Bill Murray

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Nathan Fillion

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: All 3

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: shorts and t shirt or something, it's a bit early to pick out my wardrobe! I might try to cosplay one day, maybe.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Thursday and Saturday forum meet ups, of course.

Favourite Colour: Black, Red, White. I own a lot of things that are a combination of those colours.

Favourite Movie: Ghostbusters.

Favourite Food: Steak

Favourite Book: Are You Dave Gorman?

Favourite Series Of Books: Lord of the Rings

Favourite Video Game: Flow Free on iOS (play everyday) or properly, Ghostbusters the Video Game (2009)

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Not sure the Proton Pack I made counts, but otherwise, my signed posters for Ghostbusters/Star Wars/Alien/BTTF

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: ****Insert unused witty comment here****

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I've met so many great people through this forum and con, I'd love to meet more of you. Don't be shy if you see me about :smile:

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: I may, or may not, have multiple accounts on this forum. Some of them may have become popular and there may have been times when I've actually had conversations with myself. Or not. Or maybe. :P :wacko: :headscratch: :ninja:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Gareth

My Rough Age: Does it have to be rough? Im 37 so I will say 37ish to make it rougher?

My Main Fandoms: STAR WARS, Marvel & Pegg/Wright/Frost.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Not dislike really but just don't get... Power Rangers. Do people like it ironically in a 'so bad its good' kind of way or do they actually think its good?

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Met over 200 guests so hard to choose.

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Elijah Wood

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Natalie Portman

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Sarah Michelle Gellar

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: All.

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: I'm a jeans, T-shirt and skater shoes kinda guy.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Buy merch - mainly comics and vintage figures. Not much as I don't tend to do photoshoots, maybe a couple of talks.

Favourite Colour: Black

Favourite Movie: Star Wars Ep IV

Favourite Food: Indian

Favourite Book: Lolita

Favourite Series Of Books: Discworld

Favourite Video Game: Red Dead Redemption

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Original rancor monster

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: wha?

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: Nope thats everything

• Like 1

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Jo or Joei

My Rough Age: Mid 30's (Friday of LFCC will be my birthday!)

My Main Fandoms: Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Whedonverse, MCU, Harry Potter.

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Star Wars. I am sorry.

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Adam Busch back in the days of CM:MK in the shopping centre.

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Richard Dean Anderson

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Tom Hiddleston

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Noah Wyle, Dean Cain or anyone who was ever in Space Precinct!

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Friday definitely, possibly Saturday

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Hopefully cosplay, maybe as Kaylee from Firefly.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Spend too much money and soak up the atmosphere.

Favourite Colour: Purple

Favourite Movie: The Princess Bride

Favourite Food: Lasagne

Favourite Book: I can't choose just one, maybe pop HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban here.

Favourite Series Of Books: The Tortall books by Tamora Pierce.

Favourite Video Game: Mario Kart. Pokemon Go (hush, it's forcing me to be active at least!)

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: The model TARDIS I built.

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: the one and only...

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I can be a bit shy, am a little socially awkward, and then babble unstoppingly once I get chatting with someone!

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: Errr... pass!

• Like 2

To all those who are saying that they are socially awkward or anxious or otherwise nervous; don't worry! That's why I started this thread! :-D

A few years ago I was at a Showmasters event and ended up having a massive Anxiety attack. I was taken outside to sit in an alley and I cried and phoned round some of my friends.

I tell you this personal story so that you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE in feeling nervous or anxious or however you feel.

I can do this and I know you can too!

And despite my little incident a few years ago, I might even be cosplaying this year! So if I can do THAT, I have faith that each and every one of you can get through the Con too. You'll have a great time.

Now keep the replies coming. :-)

My Name That I Respond To IRL: David or Dave
My Rough Age: Reaching a significant birthday this year!

My Main Fandoms: Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, Game of Thrones, Black Sails, Marvel, DC, Star Wars and Star Trek amongst many others
Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: None really

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Mads Mikkelsen
Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Carrie Fisher
Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Liv Tyler
However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Sean Astin

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: All 3 days
I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: T-shirt and jeans... shorts if its really hot!
As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Browse the stalls and take in the atmosphere

Favourite Colour: Red
Favourite Movie: The Magnificent Seven (1960)
Favourite Food: Italian
Favourite Book: Merlin
Favourite Series Of Books: The Pendragon Cycle by Stephen Lawhead
Favourite Video Game: FIFA
Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Dark Bunny Guardians t-shirt
Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Hmmmmm

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I'm orginally from the Northeast and I'm quite chatty if you meet me in the queue
Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: I'm a Sunderland fan

• Like 1

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I'm orginally from the Northeast and I'm quite chatty if you meet me in the queue

That's 2 strikes right there.

I guess that makes 3 strikes and out with my last answer then :crying:

Name Beyond The Online Kingdom: Nick

My Age In Earth Years: 33

Things Of Which I Am A Fan: Movies, any and every kind; Tim Burton; Star Wars; Game Of Thrones; Batman ( I like all superhero characters in general but The Bat is King) ; GOJIRA and MONSTERS in general; Wrestling; loads more stuff....

Things You May Like That I May Not: I don't really dislike anything, strongly or meekly.........I don't watch The Walking Dead though. Doctor Who post 2010 has fallen off a cliff. The Hobbit movies.....Geez.

Fave Guest: None, not been to a convention before.

Biggest Name Guest: None, not been to a convention before. Did sit at a table next to Keith Chegwin in Pizza Hut once though. True story.

Dream Guest That Won't Happen: Tim Burton

Dream Guest That May Happen : Sean Young (although my heart will surely break when I realise she doesn't look exactly like Rachael anymore)

My LFCC17 Days Of Attendance: Just the Sunday, Mam.

Items Of Clothing To Be Worn: Jeans, T-shirt, Leather Jacket. I'll leave the cosplay to the cool kids.

Reasons For Attending Other Than The Guests: None really, I guess to just soak up the atmosphere and feel the POWAH of a CommieCon (They were called that in the 50's, right?)

Bestest Colour: Purple, I love purple.

Bestest Moooovie: Batman Returns

Bestest Food: Pizza

Bestest Book: Not much of a reader to be honest, Alan Partridge autobiography was pretty ace though.

Bestest Book Series: I read 1 and a half Lemony Snickett books.

Bestest Puter Game: 2017 Me says " Idunno, don't play games anymore" 1991 Me says " Sonic The Hedgehog or Total Recall on the Commadore"

Bestest Swag : My Living Dead Doll Annabelle is pretty swank. Still in the box, of course.

Bestest Stenun : Stenun, I guess. Do you have a replica? They may be better.

Other Stuff To mention: I'm very strange. I'll probably be stood staring a lot of time trying to understand how everything works. Everything in life needs a very thorough 'How To' guide

Other Stuff That I don't Want To Mention : I don't want to mention it.

• Like 1

Dream Guest That May Happen : Sean Young (although my heart will surely break when I realise she doesn't look exactly like Rachael anymore)

I met her a couple years ago. She definitely looks different now, but she's such a warm, caring person and seems to have successfully dealt with her widely publicized past issues. If you have the chance, don't miss it!

And/or check out Star Trek Renegades. The film is a bit uneven, but she's badass in it.

That's 2 strikes right there.

I guess that makes 3 strikes and out with my last answer then :crying:

I'll allow it - but watch yourself. You're on thin ice buddy, and as the saying goes 'keep playing baseball on thin ice and you're likely to get burned'.

• 2 weeks later...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Chloe!

My Rough Age: Teenage years.

My Main Fandoms: Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Horror, Superman, Game Of Thrones... The list goes on...

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Doctor Who...  I'm very sorry, people!  American Horror Story...  Again, very sorry!

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Zach Galligan!

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: Zach Galligan!

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Asa Butterfield, Kit Harington, Britt Robertson!

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: I would say they're realistic...

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: Sunday!

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Clothes.

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Take photos, buy some merchandise.

Favourite Colour: Pink!

Favourite Movie: Poltergeist!

Favourite Food: Pizza!

Favourite Book: The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne!

Favourite Series Of Books: I don't know...

Favourite Video Game: Spyro: Year Of The Dragon!

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: Too many to name...

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Who?

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: I am a fangirl...  If you see me around, chances are, I'll be fangirling...

Other Information About Me That I Don't Want To Mention: I don't particularly like reading, unless the book is written by one of my favourite people.  But I will read a book if it's an adaptation of a film.

Edited by ChloeLou

• 2 weeks later...

My Name That I Respond To IRL: Jazz or Jasmine

My Rough Age: Early 20's

My Main Fandoms: Harry Potter, Doctor Who and Torchwood

Most People Love This Fandom But I Strongly Dislike: Probably Supernatural although I haven't given it much of a chance 

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Eve Myles

Biggest Name Guest I've So Far Met: John Barrowman

Ultimate Dream Guest I'd Love To Meet: Either Matt Smith or Peter Capaldi

However A More Realistic Dream Guest Would Be: Tom Baker

I Plan To Be At LFCC 2017 On These Days: All of them!

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Plain Clothes on the Friday, Cosplaying Wash from Firelfly on the Saturday and Kaylee from Firefly on the Sunday

As Well As The Guests, I Will Also Be Attending To: Shopping and meeting people :)

Favourite Colour: Red

Favourite Movie: Lilo and Stitch

Favourite Food: Doritos

Favourite Book: Jane Eyre

Favourite Series Of Books: Harry Potter

Favourite Video Game: Not much of a gamer I think the last game I played was X-men next dimension on ps2 

Favourite Item Of Merchandise: My Bellatrix wand and display

Favourite Person With The Screen Name "Stenun" Who Started This Thread: Stenun I guess

Other Information About Me That I Want To Mention: Very slowly becoming tattooed with something from all of my favourite fandoms. So far have a Labyrinth quote and will have Stitch very soon

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jazz said:

Favourite Video Game: Not much of a gamer I think the last game I played was X-men next dimension on ps2 

Me and my mates were obsessed with that game at university! We had to ban everyone from using Forge though as he would just annihilate anyone he was up against!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jazz said:

Favourite Guest I've So Far Met: Eve Myles

I Will Most Likely Be Wearing: Plain Clothes on the Friday, Cosplaying Wash from Firelfly on the Saturday and Kaylee from Firefly on the Sunday

Cheers to that! Eve is such an amazing person and people tend to overlook her. Last time she was at LFCC, we caught her at her table completely alone! It was great for us because I wanted to give her a gift from a friend and we had plenty of time to explain it to her who my friend was, why she couldn't come, etc. and even film a small thank-you video. But it was a bit of a shame that she wasn't more appreciated.

Interesting cross-choice of cosplay :) Yay Firefly!! Out of curiosity, did you book a photoshoot with Alan Tudyk for Saturday or Sunday? Or both?

• Like 1

On 06/04/2017 at 5:19 PM, Wrong Name said:

Me and my mates were obsessed with that game at university! We had to ban everyone from using Forge though as he would just annihilate anyone he was up against!

Yeah he was a great one to play. The only way I could ever beato anyone was to play Phoenix

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MarioVl said:

Cheers to that! Eve is such an amazing person and people tend to overlook her. Last time she was at LFCC, we caught her at her table completely alone! It was great for us because I wanted to give her a gift from a friend and we had plenty of time to explain it to her who my friend was, why she couldn't come, etc. and even film a small thank-you video. But it was a bit of a shame that she wasn't more appreciated.

Interesting cross-choice of cosplay :) Yay Firefly!! Out of curiosity, did you book a photoshoot with Alan Tudyk for Saturday or Sunday? Or both?

Eve really is an amazing guest have met her a few times now and I agree she is often overlooked.  

I haven't booked any photoshoots yet I'm hoping to get one with Alan Tudyk on the Saturday. Firefly is really amazing and at last year's LFCC I had never seen the show! :) Always leave cons with great shows that I generally end up falling in love with :)

• Like 1