Newcastle Cosplay Guests Announced

• Showmasters Admin

We have 4 amazing cosplay guests attending Newcastle and will be on hand to take questions and take part on the Cosplay stage activity's

Arkyl Cosplay

DSC_0012.jpg

Matt is relatively new to the cosplay community after having been doing it for 1 year. He first launched himself onto the Cosplay scene when he built his 'Koltira Deathweaver' character from the hugely popular online multiplayer game 'World of Warcraft'. This was his first ever costume (see picture attached) and he has been hooked ever since! Matt is entirely self taught and is always looking for new ways of doing things.

"I've always been fascinated by cosplay, I've followed Cosplayers for years now and I had always wanted to give it a try. So when a friend of mine asked me if I wanted to be part of their World of Warcraft group I jumped at the chance! I'm the kind of person who is bothered by the tiniest imperfection, so I set about learning everything I could about Cosplay. There is always a new technique to learn, and that's the great thing about the community, people are always eager and willing to share their knowledge. Cosplay has taken over my life but I love it! I don't see myself slowing down anytime soon!"

Matt doesn't focus on any particular character type or style, but says that as long as he is enthusiastic about the character he will build it. He goes to as many conventions as he can, "They are the best places in the world, they are a place where someone can dress up as the characters they love and nobody thinks they're crazy! :D"

You can find Arkyl on Instagram: www.instagram.com/arkylcosplay/?hl=en

Calamity Cosplay

connor.jpg

Calamity Cosplay is a small business team, started by Connor Zawadzki, dealing in 3D modeling of weapons and armour and 3D printing. The company takes on commissions from props to costumes, using a wide arrange of materials to bring fiction into reality.
He is now looking to expand into other complementary industries related to Cosplay and theatrical events. As well as live streaming his work on Twitch and answering questions about his work.
Links:
www.facebook.com/calamity.cosplays
www.twitch.tv/calamitycosplays
www.instagram.com/calamitycosplays
www.twitter.com/calamity.connor
Sawyers Mess Cosplay
14315444_10210172243044304_1755239753_o.
Nick Sawyer has been playing computer games for the last 25 years; He turned that love of gaming into life by creating cosplays from his favourite game franchises.
He currently has a list of cosplays in the making but in the past has cosplayed as Big Boss (Metal Gear Solid) Boom and Bewm (Borderlands) Connor Kenway (Assassins Creed) and a Destiny Hunter from the popular Destiny franchise.
He’s currently bringing a taste of Northern Cosplay by collaborating with Calamity Cosplays and helping out with 3D designs and inspirations.
You can follow his creations on Facebook on Sawyersmesscosplay or watch him stream his gaming antics on Twitch at Sawyers_Mess. He’s always willing to chat to new people and give hints and tips on making that perfect gaming costume and lending support to fellow gamers.
www.facebook.com/Sawyersmess
Alphabety Cosplay
14963585_10209123333975090_1958037394_o.
I started cosplaying in 2013 and fell in love with it from attending my first convention and being inspired by everyone's amazing costumes. I build my cosplays from games and movies that I love but more so known for doing costumes based from Bethesda games such as The Elder Scrolls series and Fallout. Most of my work is created from Eva Foam or Worbla and all self taught, I am more than happy to offer any advise possible to help those wishing to get into this fantastic hobby!
You can follow me on the following social media if you wish to see more work:
www.facebook.com/alphabetycosplay
www.instagram.com/alphabety
www.twitter.com/samalphabety