Question about gold pass and photoshoot

If the guest is not busy you have the priority no matter what batch (except for Diamond guests). But if the guest is Diamond and super busy they will call you in batches. So 1st Diamond then Gold with batch 1, batch 2 and so on. This happened this year with Jeremy Renner.

The order is :

If the photoshoot is included in the Diamond pass : by numbers of diamond passif the guest is reaaaaally big ==> GOLDPASS ==> NORMAL (BATCH 1-2-344)

if the photoshoot is not included in the Diamond pass package (like the Michael J fox with Delorean) : Showmaster crew call "Diamond pass : Batch 1, Batch 2, Batch 3 ==> then "GOLDPASS Batch 1, Batch 2, 3 ...) ==>Then NORMAL "BATCH 1, 2, 3 ...

In general, if a big guest has 2 photoshoot in the same day :

Morning : Diamnd pass and GOLDPASS

Afternoon : NORMAL

Got my gold pass for me and husband. looking forward to it.

On a side note I posted a picture of a Flash christmas tree decoration my husband made me. I think must have been deleted by mods...sorry it wasnt allowed i didnt realise. it wasnt offensive or anything so didnt realise it was wrong. just wanted to share my excitement but bubble well burst now. but again apologies so doubt I will post again on forums as I really am not clear whats allowed etc.

ohhh thanks for letting me know. would have been nice to get heads up as i just thought had been deleted and felt deflated.

They may have felt a notification was unnecessary as it's easy to see what has happened to be honest. If you look at the top right box on the main forum page it shows the new subjects that have been created and you can see that it's still there. That means it hasn't been deleted, if it had it would have gone from there as well. If you click on it you can see what section it's been moved to. Alternatively if you look at your profile you can see the threads you have created and the posts you have made, if they are still there then likewise, they haven't been deleted.

Just so you know for the future.

The order is :

If the photoshoot is included in the Diamond pass : by numbers of diamond passif the guest is reaaaaally big ==> GOLDPASS ==> NORMAL (BATCH 1-2-344)

if the photoshoot is not included in the Diamond pass package (like the Michael J fox with Delorean) : Showmaster crew call "Diamond pass : Batch 1, Batch 2, Batch 3 ==> then "GOLDPASS Batch 1, Batch 2, 3 ...) ==>Then NORMAL "BATCH 1, 2, 3 ...

If the photoshoot is not a diamond shoot, then diamond doesn't get priorty. It's gold -> batches 1,2,3 etc, regardless of diamond passes for other guests. Edited by SammyRomie

The order is :

If the photoshoot is not a diamond shoot, then diamond doesn't get priorty. It's gold -> batches 1,2,3 etc, regardless of diamond passes for other guests.

Well, I think yes, you still have the priority for the guest.

For example, 2 years ago, I had the "Michael J fox Diamond pass", so I have the classic photoshoot included (on blue screen).

And I bought, separately, a photoshoot "MJ FOX with Delorean", on this photoshoot, I had the priority "Diamond pass, Batch 4" ==> Then goes GOLDPASS (by batch) ==> then goes NORMAL (by batch) (it be done withc batches because it was a very busy photoshoot)

That may have happened as the Diamond passes were new but even if it's a photo shoot with the guest you have a diamond pass for, if the shoot itself is not one that is included in the diamond pass, then diamond pass holders shouldn't have priority access to it, they should still go through in their batch order (Unless they also hold a Gold pass of course)

• Like 1

That may have happened as the Diamond passes were new but even if it's a photo shoot with the guest you have a diamond pass for, if the shoot itself is not one that is included in the diamond pass, then diamond pass holders shouldn't have priority access to it, they should still go through in their batch order (Unless they also hold a Gold pass of course)

Ok, that's a new rule for me :-)

Thanks !

Ok, that's a new rule for me :-)

Thanks !

I think it was always meant to be like that but things got a little confused the last couple of years whilst they all get used to the rules.

isnt half the problem here that it seems each booth, the crew running it dont all have the same rules? lol. i know im not the only one to have noticed that... auto's were just as frustrating this year in that sense, including one booth trying to send gold passes away, and another telling gold passes they had to VQ!

isnt half the problem here that it seems each booth, the crew running it dont all have the same rules? lol. i know im not the only one to have noticed that... auto's were just as frustrating this year in that sense, including one booth trying to send gold passes away, and another telling gold passes they had to VQ!

Yeah, I think the crew, bless them!, get quite confused as to who needs what for which guest, or not need as the case may be, as I also remember the comments about confusion in the auto queue's.

Yeah, I think the crew, bless them!, get quite confused as to who needs what for which guest, or not need as the case may be, as I also remember the comments about confusion in the auto queue's.

yes, i dont think its any fault of SM's rules in general, just maybe they need to spend a tiny bit of extra time pre-event making sure all volunteers and crew are clear as to what each of the passes mean and general procedures for priority queuing. just my thinking anyway!

• Like 1

Simple - Do away with Gold Passes

Diamond Passes have been introduced for certain guests to guarantee photoshoot and autograph and will probably slowly increase in the

number of guests that have these.

VQ tickets are a perfectly fair way for people to obtain autographs from other guests and batch numbers work well at photoshoots

Gold passes are a great idea in principle as long as the rules are followed by everyone not just the volunteers.

Having said that last year I coped perfectly well with general admission and diamond passes even got a couple more autographs than I planned for.

I also got into a photo shoot ahead of gold passes by queuing early so...John Win

Gold passes are a great idea in principle as long as the rules are followed by everyone not just the volunteers.

Having said that last year I coped perfectly well with general admission and diamond passes even got a couple more autographs than I planned for.

I also got into a photo shoot ahead of gold passes by queuing early so...John Win

true you can sometimes do it well without the need of a gold pass, but i definitely think the gold pass is a good idea and shouldnt be done away with. for those that go mental on autos/photo shoots its essential, it takes some of the stress out of the event!