Photo Thread

Also got photos with the captain on the bridge, Wil Wheaton (who tole me my cosplay was fantastic xD), George Takei, and a cheeky selfie with Adam Nimoy :D Also got one with Colonel Worden but I haven't got it up yet

14612542_10154004221658927_323971112919914570585_10154004217808927_342007477187714608886_10153998815078927_878311906635714656449_10154003949078927_4780929658439

Edited by Victoria93
  • Like 3

perhaps a dumb question on my part, but where on the options here can I upload my photos? Or do they have to be hosted elsewhere and linked to?

Yeah, you have to upload them to an image hosting site like Photo bucket. Once you've uploaded them copy the 'direct' link and on here, when you are posting select the little icon that looks like a Polaroid and paste the link in. Do that for each picture you want to post.

On 10/11/2016 at 8:27 PM, Raylenth said:

On 10/11/2016 at 7:59 PM, robmoriarty said:

perhaps a dumb question on my part, but where on the options here can I upload my photos? Or do they have to be hosted elsewhere and linked to?

Yeah, you have to upload them to an image hosting site like Photo bucket. Once you've uploaded them copy the 'direct' link and on here, when you are posting select the little icon that looks like a Polaroid and paste the link in. Do that for each picture you want to post.

You'd think as a web designer I might have worked that one out... oops. Here are mine, dead chuffed with all of them!

Terry%20Farrell%20and%20Nicole%20de%20BoChase%20Masterson_zpsj3op9hva.pngArmin%20Shimmerman_zpsymlucqjc.pngWil%20Wheaton_zpstp6wluww.pngGeorge%20Takei_zpsaue2wawy.pngWalter%20Koenig_zpsea4ndhcu.pngMarina%20Sirtis_zps21ezee5k.pngGates%20McFadden_zpskgdotici.pngAlexander%20Siddig_zpsze6ncd5j.pngAlice%20Krige_zps6fab6lj2.jpgVaughn%20Armstrong_zpseaewtavk.pngConnor%20Trinneer_zpsa0ezwm2t.pngRobert%20Duncan%20McNeill_zpsyrhci20b.pnDominic%20Keating_zpsfbtztq0t.png

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 4

Hey, it's probably just not seeing the forest for the trees and all that.

Lovely pictures though.

Thanks, hence my comment on other thread. Despite the downsides, my collective haul was more than good value.

Shows just what can happen when you can 'reallocate' the hotel budget... :dance:

• Like 1

A few collations of the photos I got from the weekend, very happy with meeting the awesome Terry Farrell who was one of the highlights of my weekend - very welcoming & friendly, particularly enjoyed how she answered the final question in the The Two Dax talk on the Saturday morning! Furthermore during the joint photoshoot she commented on how she thought my T-Shirt was awesome which made the experience that much sweeter, haha!

On another note to have finally met Christopher Lloyd has now fulfilled a lifelong childhood dream - being a massive Back to the Future fan. Unfortunately I missed the chance to meet him at LFCC in 2015 as the queues were too big and photoshoots were sold out, so to have now met him I can't put into words how happy that made me!

TOS_zpsabsz5pka.jpg

TNG_zpshzf9w6bm.jpg

DS9_zpsifw8ob79.jpg

Daxses_zpszru6hzxh.jpg

Edited by eightieskid83
  • Like 2

Mind..... Blown..... :D

Awesome photos there and music selection. Love it when someone other than myself has the eye/ear to swap images on beat. Only thing I might say is why are Marina and Gates in the DS9 section(?), but otherwise fantastic work there!

Thanks Rob! Appreciate it. You got fantastic photos, too (yet again). Indeed, think you got pics with everyone, then got everyone to sign them for you! That lot must've cost a bomb or a photon torpedo. Regarding music selection, and point about Gates/Marina.... I really just used the music as a background (with a few choice sound effects), and didn't get too precious about which pic should be associated with what piece. Moreover, it took longer than expected, as the music demands a certain flow. Try to cram too many pics into one section and it looks a bit forced (or so it seemed to me). Would defo go to another such event, but only to pursue pics I don't already have. It's an expensive game, this! :)

Edited by Ensign Dickie

I'm posted my via mobile, and can't get my pictures to show on here. Anyone know how to change that?

You have to select the 'direct' link on Photobucket and copy it to the Polaroid icon if you want the image on the page rather than a link.

I'm posted my via mobile, and can't get my pictures to show on here. Anyone know how to change that?

You have to select the 'direct' link on Photobucket and copy it to the Polaroid icon if you want the image on the page rather than a link.

NB Which can't be done from mobiles or tablets, D4vem88. :smile:

Edited by wjbleming