Photoshoot Batches

Can anyone confirm how photoshoot queues are managed?

I have numerous photoshoot tickets with batch 1 or 2 but recently upgraded to Commander ticket.

I read somewhere that they are called in the following order:

Admiral, captain, Commander, Lieutenant, batch 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on.

Is this definitely the case or is it:

Admiral, captain, batch 1, 2, 3 etc....This was my initial understanding how it worked but I may be wrong.

QS, further to this, for those like me who fill out the “extra help” form, the email I received said 'show the extra help form to the crew in the area and they will allow me into the first group to go through'.

Just planning out my schedule. Should I aim for the beginning of each shoot where possible irrespective of the batch numbers I've been allocated, unless I have a clash somewhere (in which case I turn up whenever I can)?

QS, further to this, for those like me who fill out the “extra help” form, the email I received said 'show the extra help form to the crew in the area and they will allow me into the first group to go through'.

Just planning out my schedule. Should I aim for the beginning of each shoot where possible irrespective of the batch numbers I've been allocated, unless I have a clash somewhere (in which case I turn up whenever I can)?

Yes, please. It is always easier for everyone involved if those needing extra help go through first in one Group.

Yes, please. It is always easier for everyone involved if those needing extra help go through first in one Group.

Great thanks, will do. That negates all my clashes bar one, where I'll have to go to the second Wil Wheaton session on Saturday (I'll be at the DS9 talk during session 1).

Great thanks, will do. That negates all my clashes bar one, where I'll have to go to the second Wil Wheaton session on Saturday (I'll be at the DS9 talk during session 1).

Just identify yourself to the crew on the queue when you get there Rob and they will try to slot you in.

Just identify yourself to the crew on the queue when you get there Rob and they will try to slot you in.

Yup will do, I did last time on my Shatner shoot. No idea why I didn't on my Jeri Ryan one, queued up like everyone else (there were only about 20 in front of me, unless they were all Admiral packages...). Perhaps I was that excited I forgot to ask, or going by the Guinness mantra "Good things come to those who wait"... :poki:

Unless I missed it last time the extra help form seems to be a sensible addition this time around by SM and should help like you say - though my wheelchair and poor PA running about 10 metres behind me desperately trying to keep up normally does the identifying job on its own. :thumbup:

Thanks Raylenth.

I by no means meant to say you have to go first. If your schedule makes you arrive later then just go and see Crew please as Raylenth says. It is absolutely doable, they will sort you in. The reason why I gave the answer I did was because it's way less stressful for everyone, including you. But for the Will session you of course can go to the second session too.

Thanks Raylenth.

I by no means meant to say you have to go first. If your schedule makes you arrive later then just go and see Crew please as Raylenth says. It is absolutely doable, they will sort you in. The reason why I gave the answer I did was because it's way less stressful for everyone, including you. But for the Will session you of course can go to the second session too.

Yep, understood. I knew what you were getting at. I will aim for the very beginning of the second Wil Wheaton session so they can get me sorted as quick as poss for everyone's benefit.