Destination Star Trek: Europe - Event Floor Plan

ozycomms

Will you be putting up a copy of the floor plan showing where the stages and photoshoot areas are for this new venue on this forum ?

It would be helpful in determining if there is a problem getting from talks to photoshoot areas if, as in my case, a photoshoot starts at a time before the end of a talk and the photoshoot is very short.

• Like 1

This has been asked several times in other threads Ozy and the mods don't have an answer. Assume there won't be one as they don't usually for the official events and wasn't the last one mainly organised by the other company? All you have to do is when it opens on Friday have a look around then and find out where everything is. As it's in 1 hall rather than across several and different floors as well it's probably unnecessary.

Edited by Raylenth

This has been asked several times in other threads Ozy and the mods don't have an answer. Assume there won't be one as they don't usually for the official events. They don't tend to be the size of LFCC so it's often actually unnecessary. All you have to do is when it opens on Friday have a look around then and find out where everything is. As it's in 1 hall rather than across several and different floors as well it's probably unnecessary.

hope they have decent signposting this time then, though I must say I did find the floorplan very useful last time.

http://www.destinationstartrek.com/images/dst3/DST3_timetables.pdf

• Like 2

This has been asked several times in other threads Ozy and the mods don't have an answer. Assume there won't be one as they don't usually for the official events. They don't tend to be the size of LFCC so it's often actually unnecessary. All you have to do is when it opens on Friday have a look around then and find out where everything is. As it's in 1 hall rather than across several and different floors as well it's probably unnecessary.

I've never been to LFCC but I've been to past Collectormania (Collectormania Glasgow now renamed as Glasgow Film & Comic Con) events both in Milton Keynes and my home city of Glasgow as well as the past DST events held in the ExCel centre in London.

I remember that a floor plan PDF file WAS put up on the forum in the week leading up to DST3.

I'm hoping for the same this time around too.

For those newbies out there, the souvineer programme available at the event, and included with the packages, usually has the floor plan.

I've never been to LFCC but I've been to past Collectormania (Collectormania Glasgow now renamed as Glasgow Film & Comic Con) events both in Milton Keynes and my home city of Glasgow as well as the past DST events held in the ExCel centre in London.

I remember that a floor plan PDF file WAS put up on the forum in the week leading up to DST3.

For those newbies out there, the souvineer programme available at the event, and included with the packages, usually has the floor plan.

Honestly don't remember floor plans going up for anything other than LFCC because of it's size! :smile: But you're right about them being in the brochures.

Edited by Raylenth

Honestly don't remember floor plans going up for anything other than LFCC because of it's size! :smile: But you're right about them being in the brochures.

It was definitely online last time as I made smaller, laminated versions to attach to my plastic folder.

Edited by johnhuk

I would still like the organisers to put the floor plan online for DST: Europe tomorrow in order for me to be able to print it out and plan on how I am getting from the talk stages to the photoshoot areas.

It would be extremely helpful for a lot of the attendees if this can be arranged.

Edited by ozycomms

Wow, that seems smaller than I was expecting

I hope it doesnt get overtly crowded in there. Although it does seem to be easy to get between everything. and all the guests in one place is good, hopefully decent crowd control is in place

Yes, it does look smaller than the ones at Excel, at from least looking at the plan. With three stages so close to each other I fear sound problems coming in from other panels which has been a problem in the past.

Don't worry, the map really isn't to scale, and there is a heck of a lot of empty space where most of the Ferengi Bazaar (literally about 10 dealers stalls max) and the Klingon zone (a few tables and 2-3 screen/separators). Feels really barren an offering to be totally honest.