Cosplay Costumes @ LFCC 2017

Namine

41 minutes ago, kittkarr said:

Hi, just wondering, 

is it allowed to bring toy machine gun in if it's part of the cosplay if it's got the orange plastic bits on it, don't want to bring it if I have to hand it over or leave it at the entrance

Should be ok. Some were able to bring in similar props last year.

Security guys may check it when you come in, like they did with my NES Zapper light gun last year.

I do recommend that you keep the toy machine gun in a bag when outside the venue.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 7:27 PM, kittkarr said:

Hi, just wondering, 

is it allowed to bring toy machine gun in if it's part of the cosplay if it's got the orange plastic bits on it, don't want to bring it if I have to hand it over or leave it at the entrance

IF it is a two toned one and has a orange plastic tip on, then you'll be fine...however, I'm having to ask a question about cosplay props myself due to what happened in Manchester a few days ago, so I would say you'll be fine...however, keep an eye out that you may get asked to hand the prop over IF they think it's needed.

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Namine said:

IF it is a two toned one and has a orange plastic tip on, then you'll be fine...however, I'm having to ask a question about cosplay props myself due to what happened in Manchester a few days ago, so I would say you'll be fine...however, keep an eye out that you may get asked to hand the prop over IF they think it's needed.

As Namine says, due to the incident in Manchester the office are in discussion with our venues and security providers, there will be an update on revised procedures in the near future.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Update on the Red Ranger cosplay: lost an additional 10lbs, so finally managed to get the thing zipped up all the way. Also added an underhood to eliminate any neck showing through.

Red%20Ranger%2002-1.jpg

Epic fist pump! Also, cheeky helmetless pic

Red%20Ranger%2003-1.jpg

Still a few lbs to lose yet, but this is pretty much how it'll look on the day.

• Like 1

I see you're doing what I'm doing with my TyrannoRenjaa cosplay - use the legacy morpher xD

I'm hoping that if I order my White Ranger cosplay and the helmet arrives as well as the cosplay, I may as well cosplay as White Ranger on the friday! (since that's the only day I'm now officially able to afford to go down to)

I decided since my undertaker cosplay is from an anime based in london passing up the opportunity to cosplay him IN london is too tempting to give up, so despite the worry of heat im going to do it. now im just contemplating which day to do it on. obviously a day with no photoshoots as the wig completely covers my face lol. here are some pictures of me in it. the second picture is with a cosplay group of black butler fans as its the only one i have of the full body costume. 

17796747_10155183886388524_526457212974517861863_10155183888753524_5297978801518

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Namine said:

I see you're doing what I'm doing with my TyrannoRenjaa cosplay - use the legacy morpher xD

I'm hoping that if I order my White Ranger cosplay and the helmet arrives as well as the cosplay, I may as well cosplay as White Ranger on the friday! (since that's the only day I'm now officially able to afford to go down to)

Tried using the legacy morpher, but it just hangs off the top of the belt and slumps forward, and I just wasn't happy with how it looked. I will, however, be using the legacy morpher and legacy communicator for my Jason Scott cosplay on the Friday.

Hi I am considering coz playing as Matt Murdock from Marvels Netflix I was wondering if having the walking cane would be allowed or if it would be considered a weapon. I have never coz played before so I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

10 hours ago, gazths1 said:

Hi I am considering coz playing as Matt Murdock from Marvels Netflix I was wondering if having the walking cane would be allowed or if it would be considered a weapon. I have never coz played before so I am sorry if this is a stupid question.

It would be fine Gazth, if someone attends who is genuinely blind/have trouble walking they wouldn't take their cane/stick away from them ;).  As long as you don't use it in a threatening manner it will be fine.

On 5/28/2017 at 0:51 PM, HankMarvin86 said:

Hey guys. Update on the Red Ranger cosplay: lost an additional 10lbs, so finally managed to get the thing zipped up all the way. Also added an underhood to eliminate any neck showing through.

Red%20Ranger%2002-1.jpg

Epic fist pump! Also, cheeky helmetless pic

Red%20Ranger%2003-1.jpg

Still a few lbs to lose yet, but this is pretty much how it'll look on the day.

I hope you take that mask off regularly :-D as damn no skin to breathe. Its like a walking oven suit to cook you inside haha Hats off to anyone wearing such a costume! Get stuck in :-D

• Like 1

On 5/29/2017 at 10:54 PM, HankMarvin86 said:

Tried using the legacy morpher, but it just hangs off the top of the belt and slumps forward, and I just wasn't happy with how it looked. I will, however, be using the legacy morpher and legacy communicator for my Jason Scott cosplay on the Friday.

Yeah, I know that, I need to stick it down somehow without damaging it, it seems to want to fall out every so often thanks to the holder part of the morpher.

I'm hoping, that with my White Ranger cosplay, I'll be allowed to use my legacy Dragon Dagger and Legacy Saba

Edited by Namine
needed to add in something else lol