Buzzing with excitement

Capetown19

It is less than two weeks left. I am so looking forward to this event. I am talking about this all the time. Even to people at work who have no idea who William Shatner is.(Yes they exist.) I am even having problems sleeping. The thing is I have been to loads of conventions over the years.This is ot my first. The thing is , do you feel the same?

I also thought a tread to get the excitement going would be nice.

Edited by Cape

• Moderators

Whilst I sadly now cannot attend DST50 I can totally get where you're coming from with the excitement, I always feel like that when I've got a Con approaching as I only really do one or two a year now. I'll never forget the excitement (and apprehension) I felt at the first DSTL event when we had the 5 Captains, I'd never been to a con before but to have these 5 icons together under the same roof was something I just couldn't miss and still stands out as one of the best events I've ever attended.

• Like 1

• Moderators

StuartG, I envy you too. I wish I'd have been there! Big Scott Bakula fan. Has Whoopi goldburg been to any of these events? I don't think she has. Would love to meet her too

Whoopi has attended conventions before but only in the US as she hates flying sadly, saying that never say never we can always hope one day we will get her.

Edited by StuartG2198

I am really looking forward to it also! I loved every minute of the DST 2014 Con.....Just to see all my 'Star Trek' idol's up close and personal was brilliant!!

I am sorry I won't see Patrick Steward this time. Looking forward especially to a photo shoot with Gates McFadden and Marina Sirtis....All the talks, the Saturday night party....meeting new S/T friends etc....Bring it on! :dance:

• Like 2

I am really looking forward to it also! I loved every minute of the DST 2014 Con.....Just to see all my 'Star Trek' idol's up close and personal was brilliant!!

I am sorry I won't see Patrick Steward this time. Looking forward especially to a photo shoot with Gates McFadden and Marina Sirtis....All the talks, the Saturday night party....meeting new S/T friends etc....Bring it on! :dance:

Absolutely! :)

• Like 1

Its going to be a great weekend for sure very much looking forward to it. :dance: One of the best star trek experiences for me was the Klingon encounter at the Las Vegas Hilton back in 1999.

Getting beamed aboard the Enterprise D bridge, turbo lift freefall with a shuttle ride to rescue capt Picard. You had actors dressed as Enterprise crew, with Stewart and Frakes on the view screens who filmed parts for the show. Getting attacked by Klingons looking for Picard's ancestor which was one of the group! Finishing of at Quarks bar.. it was a lot of fun.

Apparently there is something called the grand canyon.. that everyone else went to see that day. I got some strange looks when I said nah.. I am going to be beamed aboard the Enterprise today!

Its going to be a great weekend for sure very much looking forward to it. :dance: One of the best star trek experiences for me was the Klingon encounter at the Las Vegas Hilton back in 1999.

Getting beamed aboard the Enterprise D bridge, turbo lift freefall with a shuttle ride to rescue capt Picard. You had actors dressed as Enterprise crew, with Stewart and Frakes on the view screens who filmed parts for the show. Getting attacked by Klingons looking for Picard's ancestor which was one of the group! Finishing of at Quarks bar.. it was a lot of fun.

Apparently there is something called the grand canyon.. that everyone else went to see that day. I got some strange looks when I said nah.. I am going to be beamed aboard the Enterprise today!

I loved the Star Trek experience. It was great fun. We took my 2 yr old niece with us that year and a ferangi and Klingon leant down to speak to her and she screamed so loud and shrill that they backed off so fast they fell over each other. It was Hilarious!!!! Bought my romulan ale and few other bits from there that year.

WoW, I want to be beamed aboard the Enterprise!!! My friend and me both went to the Star Trek Experience in las Vegas too. It was 2006. Really enjoyed it, I remember one of the Borg being particularly scary! I hear its closed down now :( I hope they have something as cool as that at this convention.

Yep, very excited! I've been to a few conventions before, but never a pure Star Trek one. My feeling at other cons (e.g., the relatively recent ComicCon in Swindon) has always been "this is fun, but it would be much more fun if I was into everything here, rather than just one or two things." No such problem with Star Trek: it's all good! :D

• Like 1