Car Parking

JohnT

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for parking on the Friday. The opening ceremony ends about 8:30 then the party starts at the Hilton about 9. I know that the NEC has time restrictions on the parking so cant just park there. Does anyone know if there are any time rescritions on the parking at Train Station, or recommend anywhere else to park?

Thanks lingham, what about Canley station? It's near a hotel i could use! Cheers

Ive never been there tbh mate but I don't think its far from Tile Hill

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for parking on the Friday. The opening ceremony ends about 8:30 then the party starts at the Hilton about 9. I know that the NEC has time restrictions on the parking so cant just park there. Does anyone know if there are any time rescritions on the parking at Train Station, or recommend anywhere else to park?

I would say park at Tile Hill but the last train is 10:15pm so might be stuck.

I would imagine there are lots of free places to park around Birmingham or places that restrictions end at like 6pm etc

I would imagine there are lots of free places to park around Birmingham or places that restrictions end at like 6pm etc

Thanks for this. I don't mind paying for the parking as I was going to be paying at the NEC anyway. I have looked at the train stations website and the costs are similar for parking but not so clear as to any restrictions and I am not sure how easy it will be to get back to the train station after the NEC closes as it seems the bridge across form the station car park leads straight into NEC boundaries.

Thanks for this. I don't mind paying for the parking as I was going to be paying at the NEC anyway. I have looked at the train stations website and the costs are similar for parking but not so clear as to any restrictions and I am not sure how easy it will be to get back to the train station after the NEC closes as it seems the bridge across form the station car park leads straight into NEC boundaries.

I would guess you will be fine. Unless you park at Resorts World (in the same venue) as these are normally open later as they have concerts and food places that will close around 12-1 anyways

Oh heck thats come as a shock - I'm disabled and will be going to the party straight from the opening ceremony my car will have been parked in the NEC for the afternoon and evening does this mean I have to move it? If so to where?

ETA: OK I just checked the prices for the Hilton parking and it would make sense (and be the same price) for me to book 24 hr parking at the Hilton and go to the NEC on my scooter from there both days (I'm going to both parties) at least my car would be close by when I come out late at night.

Can any one tell me how far it is from the Hilton to the NEC and if its all level - I couldn't really use the scooter on a pedestrian bridge as its only a pavement type one which isn't intended to climb long slopes.

Edited by Snow1

Oh heck thats come as a shock - I'm disabled and will be going to the party straight from the opening ceremony my car will have been parked in the NEC for the afternoon and evening does this mean I have to move it? If so to where?

ETA: OK I just checked the prices for the Hilton parking and it would make sense (and be the same price) for me to book 24 hr parking at the Hilton and go to the NEC on my scooter from there both days (I'm going to both parties) at least my car would be close by when I come out late at night.

Can any one tell me how far it is from the Hilton to the NEC and if its all level - I couldn't really use the scooter on a pedestrian bridge as its only a pavement type one which isn't intended to climb long slopes.

Half a mile, 10 minute walk at most. look at the map here. If you look on the street view coming out of the hotel and taking the left for the footpath route, there is a slight lip on the kerb but should otherwise be flat. It is practically right next door to the NEC.

Does anyone have a definitive answer for this? The Hilton does not seem to be bookable for non guests (at least I couldn't see how to do it). I also could not see the restrictions on parking on the "normal" NEC car park booking. The express parking does mention being open until 1am but this is sold out now. The FAQ just says it endeavours to open the car park earlier than 8am if the event starts early and that overnight parking is not permitted. No mention of the actual closing time! Not very helpful. I have booked parking for Saturday and would like to just leave my car there until the party is over. I emailed the NEC for an answer and received an acknowledgement mail stating my request would be answered within 14 days!!

I'm a bit confused by all this. I'm just coming up for the Friday and hoping to only stay a few hours, should I just park at the NEC? Seems the sensible thing to do to me. And also, do I have to book parking at the NEC? Any advice would great.

In terms of Friday parking, the NEC carpark is open from 8am till 18:30 - DSTE closes at 8pm on Friday, so you may end up sleeping in your car!!!

You could try the car park at Birmingham International train station which is just a short walk over the bridge.

Both train station and NEC are available to pre-book, and I would recommend it so that you know you've got a space and are not hunting round.

The NEC car parking FAQ says that the express parking day slot is 8am to 6.30pm, evening slot 6:30pm to 1am. However the standard prepaid and disabled parking opens at 8am and does not allow overnight stays. It does not say it closes at 6:30pm so I would suggest standard prepaid parking would be fine for the evening events on Friday if the £12 cost is ok to you

https://necparking.apcoa.co.uk/faqs.aspx

Does anyone have a definitive answer for this? The Hilton does not seem to be bookable for non guests (at least I couldn't see how to do it). I also could not see the restrictions on parking on the "normal" NEC car park booking. The express parking does mention being open until 1am but this is sold out now. The FAQ just says it endeavours to open the car park earlier than 8am if the event starts early and that overnight parking is not permitted. No mention of the actual closing time! Not very helpful. I have booked parking for Saturday and would like to just leave my car there until the party is over. I emailed the NEC for an answer and received an acknowledgement mail stating my request would be answered within 14 days!!

We emailed the NEC and they said parking closed 2 hours after event and suggested parking at the train station. Checked with the station and 24 hours is £12 on the Friday and £9 on a Sat and Sun. We are gonna park here on Friday.

The NEC car parking FAQ says that the express parking day slot is 8am to 6.30pm, evening slot 6:30pm to 1am. However the standard prepaid and disabled parking opens at 8am and does not allow overnight stays. It does not say it closes at 6:30pm so I would suggest standard prepaid parking would be fine for the evening events on Friday if the £12 cost is ok to you

https://necparking.apcoa.co.uk/faqs.aspx

This is what annoyed me too to begin with the lack of the FAQ having a closing time. I did actually get an email back from the NEC parking people who said that the standard car park is open until 11pm on the Saturday so I should move my car to the Hilton car park for the party but this suggests that people who are just attending the event and even Shatners World should be OK. Like I said above it is actually cheaper to book the train station as I got it for £9 from 6am Saturday - 3am Sunday which is cheaper than the standard £12 in the NEC park and its right beside it.