Latest Guest Announcement - BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH

DavidB

Like I guessed there are a few people moaning on Fbook about why it was announced so late and now people can't get over. I do really get where they are coming from but like SM have really gone 'ahh we can't be bothered to announce him 3 months before, lets leave it until the last minute'.

I hesitate to say it but I'm a bit glad that this rules out some of the people who are only interested in swooning over Benedict. I want the event to be full of people who are there because they love the show, and will fully partake in all of it. It was a bit full of fan girls last time and slightly scary. I know this makes me sound middle aged and curmudgeonly. But I am.

Not at all, I know exactly what you mean. I'm an unashamed fan of BC but I love the show for itself and everything about it not just because he's in it. I was very happy with the show before his announcement but am obviously over the moon now.

• Like 3

Like I guessed there are a few people moaning on Fbook about why it was announced so late and now people can't get over. I do really get where they are coming from but like SM have really gone 'ahh we can't be bothered to announce him 3 months before, lets leave it until the last minute'.

I hesitate to say it but I'm a bit glad that this rules out some of the people who are only interested in swooning over Benedict. I want the event to be full of people who are there because they love the show, and will fully partake in all of it. It was a bit full of fan girls last time and slightly scary. I know this makes me sound middle aged and curmudgeonly. But I am.

Not at all, I know exactly what you mean. I'm an unashamed fan of BC but I love the show for itself and everything about it not just because he's in it. I was very happy with the show before his announcement but am obviously over the moon now.

Couldn't agree more!

I'm so glad I committed to the Platinum ticket now :clap:

• Like 3

Anyone who went to the first Sherlocked, how much was a Benedict photo op? I've looked but can't find any info.

I can't recall exactly but I think they were the same as this year. The set photo certainly was.

Yeah, pretty much the same.

If only I'd known earlier, might have come to this event. Oh well. But at least it seems the regular folk can actually get his autograph now, major step up from last year.

I'm regular folk and I got his auto last time!

I think what was meant that non- pass holders have the opportunity to get a personalised autograph and actually meet him. Last year he only did that for platinum and VIP. Gold passes got his autograph but it was included in your "goody" bag, it wasn't personalised and the only chance to meet him was the photo shoot.

If only I'd known earlier, might have come to this event. Oh well. But at least it seems the regular folk can actually get his autograph now, major step up from last year.

I'm regular folk and I got his auto last time!

I think what was meant that non- pass holders have the opportunity to get a personalised autograph and actually meet him. Last year he only did that for platinum and VIP. Gold passes got his autograph but it was included in your "goody" bag, it wasn't personalised and the only chance to meet him was the photo shoot.

I think Pink Lady was joking as dogs post implies the Platinum holders aren't regular people, which we are.

Is Benedict available as a pre- order or is it too late to send in an item?

If so, I'm in London in Saturday can I just drop my item off and pay for the pre- order?

Bottom line -I've got something else to go to on Sunday!

I don't think send in was an option for him as I only saw a pre order using the show image option but i'll double check for you. As far as I am aware the pre orders haven't closed yet. You won't be able to pay for it at the show because, A they don't allow it and B you'd have to buy an entry ticket to get in.

Ok thanks Raylenth - I have a great litho print I want him to sign that I got almost everyone last year to sign but he was too exclusive at the last event!

Sorry Diabolik, I'll probably be getting 5 from him so won't be able to take any more through otherwise I'd offer to take it through for you.