Included Package Autographs & Talks

ozycomms

It is now time that the Showmasters Destination Star Trek: Europe team release immediately to the forum moderators the details myself and others have been requesting for the last month; the details of our packages.

We, the attendees, have been more than patient waiting for this information that, in 2012 and 2014, we were supplied TWO MONTHS before the start of those last events; even if some of that information was subject to change right up until the week of the event.

This is a very special anniversary for the fans of Star Trek and, in my humble opinion, should have had greater attention paid to it than either of the previous Destination Star Trek events.

I beg you not to further dissappoint the attendees by ignoring this plea.

We are after all investing a lot of money in your events, not to mention the travel and accommodation costs that a lot of us have had to take into consideration not living within easy travelling distance.

In my case I have to book flights and accommodation not long after an event is announced in order to get the best prices. Once this is done, in the case of my flights at least, I cannot get that money back and for me it is an expensive outlay. This is not to mention the cost of the eight photoshoots that I have pre-booked too.

Prices also tend to skyrocket once the hotels realise an event of this nature is taking place due to demand and limited availability of rooms. This is why I book accommodation, flights, then the event in that order and it is pointless not booking all three months ahead.

My decision to attend these events depends very much on the assumption that we get information released in a timely fashion. If this will no longer be the case, then I'd have serious doubts about attending future events where I have to book travel and accommodation months in advance.

Please release this information now to allow us, your loyal customers, to plan our trip, whether the information is finalised or not.

Ozycomms, the office staff are at Sherlocked now and are dealing with that. They will not be back in to the office until Tuesday at the earliest.

I am EXTREMELY dissapointed that there are no staff available to deal with Destination Star Trek: Europe issues.

I EXPECTED there to be information released by today and not everyone to be dealing with an event that does not involve a major anniversary.

We your loyal customers deserve better.

• Like 4

It is now time that the Showmasters Destination Star Trek: Europe team release immediately to the forum moderators the details myself and others have been requesting for the last month; the details of our packages.

We, the attendees, have been more than patient waiting for this information that, in 2012 and 2014, we were supplied TWO MONTHS before the start of those last events; even if some of that information was subject to change right up until the week of the event.

This is a very special anniversary for the fans of Star Trek and, in my humble opinion, should have had greater attention paid to it than either of the previous Destination Star Trek events.

We are after all investing a lot of money in your events, not to mention the travel and accommodation costs that a lot of us have had to take into consideration not living within easy travelling distance.

In my case I have to book flights and accommodation not long after an event is announced in order to get the best prices. Once this is done, in the case of my flights at least, I cannot get that money back and for me it is an expensive outlay. This is not to mention the cost of the eight photoshoots that I have pre-booked too.

Prices also tend to skyrocket once the hotels realise an event of this nature is taking place due to demand and limited availability of rooms. This is why I book accommodation, flights, then the event in that order and it is pointless not booking all three months ahead.

My decision to attend these events depends very much on the assumption that we get information released in a timely fashion. If this will no longer be the case, then I'd have serious doubts about attending future events where I have to book travel and accommodation months in advance.

Please release this information now to allow us, your loyal customers, to plan our trip, whether the information is finalised or not.

Ozycomms, the office staff are at Sherlocked now and are dealing with that. They will not be back in to the office until Tuesday at the earliest.

I am EXTREMELY dissapointed that there are no staff available to deal with Destination Star Trek: Europe issues.

I EXPECTED there to be information released by today and not everyone to be dealing with an event that does not involve a major anniversary.

Completely agree. Not having a go at you here Queen_Sindel, but the "organisation" of the event this time around has been nowhere near as effective as 2014. If it's because they're doing more events they need more staff.

• Like 1

I'm totally not disagreeing with your right to comment about the organisation of the event Ozy, not at all, but seriously. To say that you expect them to ignore the event they have running this weekend just because the Star Trek on is an anniversary is preposterous!

As someone who is attending said event this weekend I expect them to be concentrating on that one rather than ignore/abandon/dismiss (pick your adjective) it for one that isn't happening just yet. Maybe you don't mean it exactly like that, but I'm sorry to me it does.

I'm really sorry Sherlocked is getting in the way of your event, but it is before it and they have to deal with it first.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

As much as this show does need some more information to be released, it is very unlikely to happen this weekend (I'm at Sherlocked and also going to DST so have a vested interest in both), I'd also say by setting your own arbitrary timelines for announcements you are likely to be disappointed and ultimately that is probably going to lead to you getting more frustrated.

I'm totally not disagreeing with your right to comment about the organisation of the event Ozy, not at all, but seriously. To say that you expect them to ignore the event they have running this weekend just because the Star Trek on is an anniversary is preposterous!

As someone who is attending said event this weekend I expect them to be concentrating on that one rather than ignore/abandon/dismiss (pick your adjective) it for one that isn't happening just yet. Maybe you don't mean it exactly like that, but I'm sorry to me it does.

I'm really sorry Sherlocked is getting in the way of your event, but it is before it and they have to deal with it first.

I have no beef with those attending Sherlocked, Showmaster should be giving them plenty and the majority of attention this weekend.

That does not mean that DST: Europe should have no one in the office looking after their needs. I would expect the same situation had Sherlocked been arranged to take place after DST: Europe. In that situation I'd also expect Sherlocked fans to similarly complain.

However, if they'd released the package information a month ago like they did for the event in 2014, this situation would not be occurring.

It upsets me that I am having to put up these types of posts when the previous events were organised so successfully.

Edited by ozycomms

As much as this show does need some more information to be released, it is very unlikely to happen this weekend (I'm at Sherlocked and also going to DST so have a vested interest in both), I'd also say by setting your own arbitrary timelines for announcements you are likely to be disappointed and ultimately that is probably going to lead to you getting more frustrated.

Sir, I'm already dissappointed by the lack of information and I am only trying to assist the many attendees who are reluctant to post themselves,

I am getting concerned that should I continue to voice my opinion that I will be banned from this forum for doing so.

I should not need as you put it 'to set my own arbitrary timelines for announcements'. Those announcements should have happened long before now.

This event for me is my first holiday that I've had since the last Destination Star Trek in October 2014 which has not caused me as much anxiety as this event has done.

I have no desire to antagonise anyone and I wish all those attending both Sherlocked and DST the best experience possible.

I feel someone has to speak out and in the past I have refrained from doing so.

I do not enjoy challenging authority, I never have and anyone who really knows me will tell you that. A lot of the time I sit on the fence and leave it to others to say something.

The complete lack of information this time around and this close to the event has forced me to speak out.

I hope you and the moderators can understand that.

I now feel that I have been wasting my breath by attempting to have the needed package details released in order that people had plenty of time to plan their trip to DST: Europe. It would also have benefitted the organisers too as with the release of the missing info many more people would choose to book a package deal.

As long as nobody gets rude we do not ban. I know lots of people tell different stories, but I have a long logbook that will prove differently. We have this nice gentleman who repeatedly claimed to the office (and still nowadays he tells this story to everyone who will listen) he had done "nothing wrong" for example who called me every name in the book, including making several Nazi related comments with me being named "Little Miss Hitler" as cherry on top.

However ozzycoms, you have repeated your point several times. I also told you and others several times that people asking repeatedly will not speed things up. Which I do admit was partly a nice hint to stop repeating yourself, it wasn't going to do anything. The office knows they are late, they are sorry about it too, but they can't do a thing until they get all approvals to publish something.

We had guest announcements in the last weeks, so it should really be clear that nothing could be announced last month because the guest list simply wasn't finalized. If that reason is not good enough - sorry. I also explained that.

We all got your point. But you can repeat yourself hourly all weekend and again, nothing is going to change. Everyone but me is at Sherlocked, nothing will happen. I think it would really be beneficial for everyone if you stop repeating the same things now. You got your point across.

• Like 1

Can people please remember this event is ment to be fun. I intend on having a fab weekend whoever I get in my package.

I agree with you that the event is meant to be fun and going by what happened in 2012 and 2014 I'm sure it will be.

It is just been the process of getting to that point which has had me concerned.

I've no such concerns about the actual event itself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

To Queen_Sindel:

I try to respect other people and NEVER call anyone names unless I know them personally and even if I do, it would only be done in jest.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO CALL ANYONE NAMES ESPECIALLY THE FORUM MODERATORS.

As long as nobody gets rude we do not ban. I know lots of people tell different stories, but I have a long logbook that will prove differently. We have this nice gentleman who repeatedly claimed to the office (and still nowadays he tells this story to everyone who will listen) he had done "nothing wrong" for example who called me every name in the book, including making several Nazi related comments with me being named "Little Miss Hitler" as cherry on top.

However ozzycoms, you have repeated your point several times. I also told you and others several times that people asking repeatedly will not speed things up. Which I do admit was partly a nice hint to stop repeating yourself, it wasn't going to do anything. The office knows they are late, they are sorry about it too, but they can't do a thing until they get all approvals to publish something.

We had guest announcements in the last weeks, so it should really be clear that nothing could be announced last month because the guest list simply wasn't finalized. If that reason is not good enough - sorry. I also explained that.

We all got your point. But you can repeat yourself hourly all weekend and again, nothing is going to change. Everyone but me is at Sherlocked, nothing will happen. I think it would really be beneficial for everyone if you stop repeating the same things now. You got your point across.

I know we've disagreed on here previously Queen_Sindel but I like to think it was at least a healthy and robust debate you allowed us to have.

Rest assured I will never resort to such name calling. I appreciate how awkward your position is made at times moderating posts, not least recently with the FB group I've inadvertently become "admin in chief" of.

However it does seem SM have not helped through the lack of regular information provided. If they know that in the office, an official apology won't exactly change what's happened, but would at least be a start/symbolic gesture.

It has made your position even more awkward that the very questions we've consistently been needing answers to can't be answered by you and your fellow colleagues. If SM intend to continue putting on such events with increasing frequency and regularity, they seriously need to review whether they have enough staff to cope with the information demand their paying customers expect from them.

We are all paying significant sums of money at these events, so they either need:

- better social media monitoring tools for their existing staff

- more staff so that one can be a dedicated contact point per event they hold each year

- direct staff representation on the forum

- delegate more information and tools to you as moderators so you can respond on their behalf, or

- some combination of all of the above.

I know you've said before this is how things are organised, but compared with DST3 it is vastly different and poorer in my opinion. Businesses should learn from prior events and improve, not go the other way (especially if they want repeat business).

All that said, I'm still looking forward to the event. I've got my photos booked, will fit in what free talks I can around those and any autographs I go for and very much anticipating meeting up with some of the peeps I've been chatting with over the last few months when we're all there.

• Like 1

Sorry, maybe that is me - but a debate isn't getting anywhere when people just repeat the same things again? At least in my eyes. Everyone made clear what they want/expect, and repeating the same thing pretty much daily isn't debating per my definition. I have apologized and explained the delays on behalf of the organisers. The mods are here as a middle man for SM/ME. But when it is about questions like this somehow our voice doesn't seem to count. :lol:

I can't go further into details or I'll get myself in trouble. But there have been some background changes compared to the last show, so some things have still to "get connected". I can't find a better wording, hopefully it makes sense.

The last one was your first, correct? The first shows were not exactly easy with questions either, made me beat my head against the desk even more than this one. ;)

Sorry, maybe that is me - but a debate isn't getting anywhere when people just repeat the same things again? At least in my eyes. Everyone made clear what they want/expect, and repeating the same thing pretty much daily isn't debating per my definition. I have apologized and explained the delays on behalf of the organisers. The mods are here as a middle man for SM/ME. But when it is about questions like this somehow our voice doesn't seem to count. :lol:

I can't go further into details or I'll get myself in trouble. But there have been some background changes compared to the last show, so some things have still to "get connected". I can't find a better wording, hopefully it makes sense.

The last one was your first, correct? The first shows were not exactly easy with questions either, made me beat my head against the desk even more than this one. ;)

My comments regarding debating were about something completely different.

Yes, last time was my first so it is the only one I can compare it with. I know there were issues then too, but I still enjoyed myself. Your comments are certainly interesting and as you said it is probably best not to go any further (none of us want to get you in trouble).

Let this be the end of it if there have been these changes behind-the-scenes. They know this has impacted on us paying punters and cannot continue for future events.

Edited by robmoriarty

So does this mean no more guests will be added??

i'm hoping it means that they will release the names on what guests they have not announced yet (I.E. Adam Nimoy etc) and what the full schedule of the weekend will be :) i can only hope anyway

Edited by kittkarr

It would be gd if final guests got announced aswell on Friday. Looking at the photo groups for captain package they need one big guest to fill that. Can't imagine they would put a guest in more than one group. Commander package needs 5-6 £20-£30 guests aswell. So I'm hoping for a huge announcement come Friday.

Having been to other events it is normally announced here and on their facebook pages... easier to do than mass emails... :)

Kriss :)

via Facebook "EVENT UPDATE

We will be releasing all the Talk Tickets & final Photo Shoot tickets tomorrow.

On Friday we will be releasing the full event schedule for talks and photo shoots."

Thanks for the updates guys. I will be sure to keep an eye on this. Roll on Friday to see the schedules too. Can't wait. This is my first Star Trek Con, I've been wanting to go to one since the early 90's when I found out they were a thing.

• Like 1

Having been to other events it is normally announced here and on their facebook pages... easier to do than mass emails... :)

Kriss :)

via Facebook "EVENT UPDATE

We will be releasing all the Talk Tickets & final Photo Shoot tickets tomorrow.

On Friday we will be releasing the full event schedule for talks and photo shoots."

Thanks for the updates guys. I will be sure to keep an eye on this. Roll on Friday to see the schedules too. Can't wait. This is my first Star Trek Con, I've been wanting to go to one since the early 90's when I found out they were a thing.

My first con was a Star Trek one way back in '81... :P:D