Included Package Autographs & Talks

ozycomms

Ozycomms that post was spot on and an expression from a hell of a lot of people I think. I hope you -and we all- get some updates within days because the organisers lack of communication,even a calming comment, is starting to sour the experience

Ozycomms that post was spot on and an expression from a hell of a lot of people I think. I hope you -and we all- get some updates within days because the organisers lack of communication,even a calming comment, is starting to sour the experience

"not a calming comment"? What are my posts confirming some things are not finalized then? :P I am trying to do what I can. But some reactions on here really make me wonder why I actually bother. :grump:

"not a calming comment"? What are my posts confirming some things are not finalized then? :P I am trying to do what I can. But some reactions on here really make me wonder why I actually bother. :grump:

I think everyone understands you respond to posts as best you can ;) As I think others have said, the frustration people are feeling is with SM, and specifically the absence of key information so close to the event. Unfortunately, with some emails not getting a response, this is the only option for expressing frustration to SM

Queen,you do the best you can with the info you have. In no way is any comment aimed at you or any of the other team running the forum. It is indeed for SM organisers who've buried their heads in the sand right now regarding their customers queries and concerns.

• Like 1

I agree that no-one should have a go at the forum staff (and based on the posts I've read I don't think anyone is.)

I think people just want to express their frustration and as this is the official forum it seems like the best outlet for it.

Two weeks to go until the event and there are no talk tickets available and no talks schedule either. Unless the organisers sort this out soon they will end up with a situation where the guests are left talking to a handful of people because no-one could buy tickets in advance.

• Like 1

I don't think that will be the case MLP. I can imagine there being a huge rush at the event for talk tickets as if people really want to go to a particular talk they will. I personally will take an average of £15 per talk but as I get 4 talks in the commander package anyways + 2 bonus talk I.e klingon + reinventions realistically I don't think I will get many others in the time frame.

• Like 1

ozycomms, I do totally get you are frustrated. But really, whatever you post is not going to change things. If any update had been available you have my word I would have posted. We all have to wait - some crew want to attend too, and they are in the same boat as everyone else here.

I imagine any guidelines about when allocations will be posted will be removed in the future as this has been causing increasing problems. It appears that people are not happy anymore by being given an estimate.

You are indeed correct though, the Jonathan Frakes part should have been removed with his cancellation. I hadn't noticed and will forward.

Queen_Sindel, thank you for your response.

As far as I can tell you are doing a GREAT JOB in posting responses to my own and others posts and ARE TO BE COMMENDED FOR IT.

I must stress that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT that you have no information to pass on, that lies in the hands of the organisers who are letting YOU and the attendees down.

I do not require everything to be finalised, just something put up with the proviso that the information put up is still subject to change.

That would have been enough to satisfy me. I really do believe that YOU WILL make us aware as soon as you have something to put up.

I believe that someone has to highlight problems and I do not do so maliciously. I just want to be a helpful contributor.

I'm glad that I could help you by pointing out something that you were not aware of which is another reason these forums exist.

The photo with Linda Park in the 'News' section of the website under the heading 'New Guests Added!' should also have been changed a while back, but I'm not to fussed about that and I don't expect or need that to be changed at this late stage.

I offer my gratitude to you and your team for your efforts on behalf of the attendees.

Edited by ozycomms

ozycomms, I do totally get you are frustrated. But really, whatever you post is not going to change things. If any update had been available you have my word I would have posted. We all have to wait - some crew want to attend too, and they are in the same boat as everyone else here.

I imagine any guidelines about when allocations will be posted will be removed in the future as this has been causing increasing problems. It appears that people are not happy anymore by being given an estimate.

You are indeed correct though, the Jonathan Frakes part should have been removed with his cancellation. I hadn't noticed and will forward.

Queen_Sindel, thank you for your response.

As far as I can tell you are doing a GREAT JOB in posting responses to my own and others posts and ARE TO BE COMMENDED FOR IT.

I must stress that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT that you have no information to pass on, that lies in the hands of the organisers who are letting YOU and the attendees down.

I do not require everything to be finalised, just something put up with the proviso that the information put up is still subject to change.

That would have been enough to satisfy me. I really do believe that YOU WILL make us aware as soon as you have something to put up.

I believe that someone has to highlight problems and I do not do so maliciously. I just want to be a helpful contributor.

I'm glad that I could help you by pointing out something that you were not aware of which is another reason these forums exist.

The photo with Linda Park in the 'News' section of the website under the heading 'New Guests Added!' should also have been changed a while back, but I'm not to fussed about that and I don't expect or need that to be changed at this late stage.

I offer my gratitude to you and your team for your efforts on behalf of the attendees.

Agreed, we had a provisional timetable 3 months before last time which was really helpful despite always being subject to last minute changes.

Any chance schedules and tickets will be out end of this week? My vacation starts next week and I don't have a printer at home...

Yes, I'm in the same position.

Basically if the schedules and tickets aren't available next week then I won't be coming. :(

I'm now in the position that I hope it doesn't go up until one week out as I go on holiday tomorrow for a week. I was hoping to have all sorted before I went its frustrating as was hoping to know all groups so I could make decision on whether to upgrade or now but never mind just hoping any late announcements are as good as the Sherlock one.

I too would like to say that in NO WAY is this the fault of any mods, This is pretty much the only platform we have to vent our frustrations on, and if the mood of the forum is like this, it should be telling the event organisers something. If we said nothing then it would look like we're all happy with the way it's been handled, which is quite clearly not the situation.

• Like 2

The tickets will go up as fast as possible. It is really just the Problem that the go ahead Needs to be given by all parties.

If the schedule goes up... hopefully. One week out has become a norm for Events like LFACC, so I would not Count on next week for this Show personally.

The problem with this becoming a norm is that there will be a lot of people who will refuse to commit to an event if they do not know exactly what they are getting for their money. This in turn will effect the amount of money that the organisers will have available to attract more guests unless they pay for it out of their own pocket.

The reason I bought my package early is I am tied down with buying and/or booking reasonably priced travel and accommodation months ahead of an event taking place. These costs, including the package ticket, are all tied to one another making the decision to attend an event a major one. I also had an expectation from the previous events I'd attended, that I'd have a similar good experience this time around too.

If the event was local for me I'd seriously consider whether or not to lay out the cash upfront until I was certain what exactly was included in my package. From the posts I've read from others on this forum, I beleive that delayed package booking has already started to happen for those local enough to seriously consider it an option.

Most of your events of this size are in the south of England requiring people like myself, who do not live that close, to consider whether it is worth the gamble. The organisers are not the only ones who like to plan for events ahead of time. For instance, I've split my photoshoots and the autographs I intend to get over the three days that I will be attending. I am hoping that there are no clashes with the photoshoots I've purchased or the talks I'll be allocated on any of the days.

One week before an event is just not enough time to make these kind of decisions. If an attendee has a bad experience due to late announcements it may make them decide not to attend future events even if the event on the day itself was pretty good overall.

Edited by ozycomms
  • Like 1

The tickets will go up as fast as possible. It is really just the Problem that the go ahead Needs to be given by all parties.

If the schedule goes up... hopefully. One week out has become a norm for Events like LFACC, so I would not Count on next week for this Show personally.

The problem with this becoming a norm is that there will be a lot of people who will refuse to commit to an event if they do not know exactly what they are getting for their money. This in turn will effect the amount of money that the organisers will have available to attract more guests unless they pay for it out of their own pocket.

The reason I bought my package early is I am tied down with buying and/or booking reasonably priced travel and accommodation months ahead of an event taking place. These costs, including the package ticket, are all tied to one another making the decision to attend an event a major one. I also had an expectation from the previous events I'd attended, that I'd have a similar good experience this time around too.

If the event was local for me I'd seriously consider whether or not to lay out the cash upfront until I was certain what exactly was included in my package. From the posts I've read from others on this forum, I beleive that delayed package booking has already started to happen for those local enough to seriously consider it an option.

Most of your events of this size are in the south of England requiring people like myself, who do not live that close, to consider whether it is worth the gamble. The organisers are not the only ones who like to plan for events ahead of time. For instance, I've split my photoshoots and the autographs I intend to get over the three days that I will be attending. I am hoping that there are no clashes with the photoshoots I've purchased or the talks I'll be allocated on any of the days.

One week before an event is just not enough time to make these kind of decisions. If an attendee has a bad experience due to late announcements it may make them decide not to attend future events even if the event on the day itself was pretty good overall.

I agree.

Birmingham is couple of hours away for me so before I book I'd like to know what I'm booking for !

For previous Destination Star Treks the talk schedules were published in advance so you could plan your day. It's a shame that they're being left until the last minute this time.

I understand the comment up thread about the LFCC schedules going up a week in advance but I think this is slightly different. DST has three stages. The free talks are a big part of what attracts people to a convention like this so they really need to tell people in advance what's happening on the stages. Even if they can' t tell us the exact schedule, just telling us who is speaking on which day and making paid talk tickets available would be a start.

It's a shame that someone like me who is interested in attending is being put off from doing so by lack of any details around what is happening at the event. :(

• Like 2

Agreed - I'm certainly not booking anything without more info as I can't afford to choose a random talk or autograph group without knowing if I will actually want that group. However, I'm concerned there will be a crazy rush on tickets as soon as info is announced...

When I booked my package I expected to have known the package information well before now.

I'm dissappointed by the turn of events, but I'm still looking forward to the event.

Edited by ozycomms

It is now time that the Showmasters Destination Star Trek: Europe team release immediately to the forum moderators the details myself and others have been requesting for the last month; the details of our packages.

We, the attendees, have been more than patient waiting for this information that, in 2012 and 2014, we were supplied TWO MONTHS before the start of those last events; even if some of that information was subject to change right up until the week of the event.

This is a very special anniversary for the fans of Star Trek and, in my humble opinion, should have had greater attention paid to it than either of the previous Destination Star Trek events.

I beg you not to further dissappoint the attendees by ignoring this plea.

We are after all investing a lot of money in your events, not to mention the travel and accommodation costs that a lot of us have had to take into consideration not living within easy travelling distance.

In my case I have to book flights and accommodation not long after an event is announced in order to get the best prices. Once this is done, in the case of my flights at least, I cannot get that money back and for me it is an expensive outlay. This is not to mention the cost of the eight photoshoots that I have pre-booked too.

Prices also tend to skyrocket once the hotels realise an event of this nature is taking place due to demand and limited availability of rooms. This is why I book accommodation, flights, then the event in that order and it is pointless not booking all three months ahead.

My decision to attend these events depends very much on the assumption that we get information released in a timely fashion. If this will no longer be the case, then I'd have serious doubts about attending future events where I have to book travel and accommodation months in advance.

Please release this information now to allow us, your loyal customers, to plan our trip, whether the information is finalised or not.

Edited by ozycomms
  • Like 2