Are exclusives revealed at this show?

GodAtum

At another event, there is always exclusives and sneak peeks revealed of new stuff. Is this the same with previous DSTs? I would be nice to get an exclusive trailer of a new movie or an episode of the new TV series.

Edited by StuartG2198

A polite reminder please don't discuss other events on the forum.

I can certainly understand naming other active conventions would represent marketing of direct competitors to SM, but c'mon, the one I mentioned was 15 years ago and the company isn't even around any more.

I have yet to find a page on the forum detailing SM policy of what we can and cannot say. Can you point me in the right direction please?

I can certainly understand naming other active conventions would represent marketing of direct competitors to SM, but c'mon, the one I mentioned was 15 years ago and the company isn't even around any more.

I have yet to find a page on the forum detailing SM policy of what we can and cannot say. Can you point me in the right direction please?

There you go: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44730

I haven't seen the original post, so this is not a direct answer for you. Regarding other events we try to be as lenient as we can. It's not put that strict in that topic to allow us some leeway. We have a couple of users here who are trying to get around the "no discussion of other events" on purpose - again not directed at you, just a general remark.

The general rule of thumb is if there's enough info to find the event on Google it is too much.

Hope that helps a little.

There you go: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=44730

I haven't seen the original post, so this is not a direct answer for you. Regarding other events we try to be as lenient as we can. It's not put that strict in that topic to allow us some leeway. We have a couple of users here who are trying to get around the "no discussion of other events" on purpose - again not directed at you, just a general remark.

The general rule of thumb is if there's enough info to find the event on Google it is too much.

Hope that helps a little.

Thanks, useful to know, though seeing that when I first signed up would have helped!

I know your comments aren't directed at me per say, you can only talk in general terms and try to treat everyone the same. However, if you can find the one I mentioned on Google then you're doing far better than me!

At another event, there is always exclusives and sneak peeks revealed of new stuff. Is this the same with previous DSTs? I would be nice to get an exclusive trailer of a new movie or an episode of the new TV series.

Other official events tend to have major input from the current production companies, or current licence holders, in other words someone in an official capacity to make announcements.

Sherlocked can do this. Destinations don't seem to have quite the same access.

Other official events tend to have major input from the current production companies, or current licence holders, in other words someone in an official capacity to make announcements.

yeah its a shame. how official is destination?

yeah its a shame. how official is destination?

Well it's sponsored by Paramount and Star Trek (something, I can't read the bit under Star Trek!)

http://www.destinationstartrek.com/partners/sponsors

And the tag line on the home page is:

Welcome to Destination Star Trek Europe, the largest Official Star Trek Convention celebrating 50 years!

Edited by Raylenth

I'm just saying you can analyse the wording till the cows come home, as the actual definition of words is sometimes not quite what people expect - there are so many words that we use interchangeably but they do have their own distinct meaning.

Any way you want. That's the point, people can read it differently however we are getting far to into analysis here. The original tag says 'largest Star Trek' event so you decide what they mean by 'largest'.

Your original explanation post was totally fine. The reason I posted to stop the arguing that already started "but it is not the largest in this and that aspect."

I think this post is a nice closure now, so if we can make this the end please? petertina, you got the same answers last time you kept bringing this up. I'm sorry you are not happy with what was posted back then, but the answers won't change.

• Like 1