Signings

Raylenth

I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board with one of my signing ideas! I've just got back from a day at Gloucester History Festival, where one of the events was Janina Ramirez interviewing Mark Gatiss, and he was signing books afterwards, so I managed to get a signed 'Devil in Amber' to go into my Lucifer Box box set. I was going to bring it with me to get him to sign at Sherlocked, so now I have to think of something else! A nice dilemma to be in, though. Maybe I will bring my League of Gentlemen scripts, though it weighs a ton: I'd like to have all three of them sign it one day. Comedy heroes of mine.

I was thinking of a LoG item as well. I got lucky when the League of Gentleman's Apocolypse came out on DVD because the four of them did a signing in the HMV on Oxford Street but the downside of a DVD is it's quite hard to display! I remember when the first Lucifer Box novel came out, he did a signing in Forbidden Planet in London and there was hardly anyone there, how times change compared to his autograph queue at Sherlocked!

Not that he resents signing Sherlock stuff by any means but it's always nice for them to see their other works being appreciated. I know I've mentioned it before but he seemed pleasantly surprised last year when I asked him to sign a Dr Who book he'd written in 1992 and i told him i'd had it all that time.

I admit I havne't read any of his other works yet though.

I wish Vesuvius Club wasn't so heavy...

Have a photo and the dust cover of Sherlock Chronicles signed, what's left are covers of Sherlock S1-3 and TAB DVDs...

I have his short film Cleaning Up and the Dracula play, but how can you let sign a data file? :rolleyes:

I'm planning on taking my art poster from last year and getting it signed by Amanda and Alistair.

I want Rupert to sign my copy of Maurice

not sure who else I'll get autograph wise as at the moment I don't know who my 5 allocated ones are. Planning on bringing my Sherlock Chronicles cover and maybe some of my photo shoot pics from last year (well, Una's and Andrew's) then I can make up my mind when I'm there on who signs what.

I did manage to get a small poster tube that will fit my posters fine inside from work for free as we get posters sent to us all the time from publishers so yeah, all sorted I think. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I was erring towards silver as well as I think it will stand out more. I don't usually mind mixed pen colours but my HLV metal poster I've made sure to get all done in the same pen and will ask for that colour again at the weekend, and thought I may as well try for a uniform look for this one as well.

• Like 1

Not the best picture but I love what Amanda wrote on my HLV poster.

20160924_213048.jpg

Amanda was so happy to see this! Wasn't she a great guest? I hope she enjoyed it enough to persuade Martin that he might want to come next time. They could get round his objection to people paying for his auto by including one in the packages' overall price, maybe? *massively hoping but not expecting*

• Like 3

She was great, super friendly and chatty and seemed genuinely pleased to see people.

There's always a way around the Martin issue if he were willing. I'm not commenting on SM's guest renumeration method/pricing practices or anything but one suggestion would be to offer limited auto's/activities like they did with Benedict last time so that he's not having to deal with thousands of people and re the auto fee, SM charge for his auto a reasonable price, take off costs and donate the rest to a charity of his choice.

They get the benefit of him being there without it costing them anything.

I know it's not always as simple as that though.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

I had a great time overall. Very little to do if you're not there to meet the guests for autos and photos though. I got the 8 photos I wanted and everyone was really nice and friendly.

Does anyone know how far Benedict got with his autograph signing? Last I saw was he was up to Platinum 180, and that was about 4pm (I think)

I had a great time overall. Very little to do if you're not there to meet the guests for autos and photos though. I got the 8 photos I wanted and everyone was really nice and friendly.

Does anyone know how far Benedict got with his autograph signing? Last I saw was he was up to Platinum 180, and that was about 4pm (I think)

They did get some VQ's through at the end but I don't know how many made it through. I don't think it was very many but I think it was amazing that they managed to get any through at all to be honest.

I had an idle wander towards his queue before the last talk today, I didn't see the number he was up to but there was a big queue of people waiting for him. One of the crew said he was staying till six so I can't think he got up to massively high numbers.

Too Tall said that Benedict had to be in his car at dead on 5.25pm but he may have been a teeny bit over that cos as I was about to get my auto his people said 10 more mins max and that was between 17.15 and 17.20. I would hazard a guess that they got through 40-50 VQ's max after his talk. I was lucky enough to be one of them and got my Hamlet program signed.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised I got Benenidict signature early with hardly any queing. When I saw he was there and it said platinum 1-50 I asked what time to come back as im 173 but they just waved me right through

That happened to me too! I think a lot of Platinums were starting to queue for Mark's photo shoot, and it didn't make sense to keep those with slightly higher numbers waiting.

While in the queue, I was able to see through a gap in the partition to the rear hall entrance all the guests were using. i saw Benedict having a ride on Jason's scooter!

• Like 1