Digital Copies

Oh dear god I hope the Dolph pictures are not lost! Or I have no photo at all now.

The bad lighting in most my shots is bad enough, but if the digital files of Dolph are lost I will be mortified beyond words. I thought things couldn't get worse than the awful Micheal J Fox photos last year.

We need an official announcement about the Dolph shots asap please anyone.

A certain company takes years to uploax JPEGS and a lot of us never even got our photos on the day and were told to wait yet still never saw them. Showmaster is warp speed compared to them.

Without meaning to offend anyone, but what other companies did in the past is of little interest to me. I have only been to Showmasters' events so far, and I would like them to re-improve their photo shoot quality to a level which was readily available a couple of years ago, even last year... In terms of photo shoot quality, this year was rather disappointing to me, with all the bad lighting issues and the missing JPEGs... I don't want to face these problems again in the future, as mentioned above, which is why I posted my feedback in the first place.

I am still thankful for all those memories Showmasters have helped me create in the past, but nevertheless I wish to remind them what customer service is truly about: Noticing people's complaints and trying to do something about that. I would be very thankful to see improved photo shoot opportunities in the near future!

I can't disagree with some of the above comments, I'm greatly disappointed and somewhat annoyed that files could simply be lost like that. It would have been far better if someone official just said so in the first place. Just be straight with us, as paying customers we deserve that at least! Not seeing hundreds of photos from shows which came after LFCC uploaded without a word on the others. As for the lighting, that's usually something I can correct or enhance when I download the digital. The only one for me that was dreadful last year was Neve Campbell, when I downloaded the digital copy it was out of focus, so it's a good job I downsize my images to 1024x768 which are suitable for my needs.

• Like 1

A certain company takes years to uploax JPEGS and a lot of us never even got our photos on the day and were told to wait yet still never saw them. Showmaster is warp speed compared to them.

I think I know which company you mean (starts with a R, right?). I have attended 2 of their shows, but just a few JPG's were uploaded and ofcourse not mine. Now they have taken almost any of 'em down and no intention to upload them again. And when you try to discuss it, there's no way they take the blame. Anyway, no shows for me again.

My experience with SM is great. There service is always high standard. It's bad that pictures got lost. So I can imagine people are upset. I am sure SM will work something out. They are always very cooperative.

Regarding the loss of photo's unfortunately no matter how careful you are and how well plans are made errors do still happen. It's unfortunate and obviously very disappointing to the people who's photo's have been lost but it's a rare thing, and the first time it's happened here that I am aware of.

As to why it's taken so long to say anything, I imagine it's a combination of having the other events and exploring all avenue's before they officially announce them as lost. Why they haven't made an official announcement only they can say.

I will say though that purchasing the jpegs isn't a guarantee whn you purchase a photo shoot though, as far as I am aware it's not part of the terms of the photo shoot, just an added extra that Showmasters offer.

Regarding the loss of photo's unfortunately no matter how careful you are and how well plans are made errors do still happen. It's unfortunate and obviously very disappointing to the people who's photo's have been lost but it's a rare thing, and the first time it's happened here that I am aware of.

As to why it's taken so long to say anything, I imagine it's a combination of having the other events and exploring all avenue's before they officially announce them as lost. Why they haven't made an official announcement only they can say.

I will say though that purchasing the jpegs isn't a guarantee whn you purchase a photo shoot though, as far as I am aware it's not part of the terms of the photo shoot, just an added extra that Showmasters offer.

I would say in the first place it was that they wanted to exhaust all avenues trying to recover the photos first before bringing the bad news.

Yes, it is the first time this has happened to such an extent. I know of one back up disc from one photoshoot disappearing before, but it was not on this scale.

I have asked for an official word on this already when the Facebook news popped up. But it is the weekend and this is a question only the office can answer, not us volunteers. So there will not be an answer today and very likely not first thing tomorrow.

Well we're half way through September now, there's been no 'official word' or response, LFCC was back in July and there's still only 194 Dolph Lundgren photos on there so I'm assuming mine has gone down the toilet with the rest of them. I'm not going to waste my time checking anymore. Some honesty would have been nice in the first place and people would probably have appreciated that more than just nothing, the silence isn't very professional from such a big company. (and I am not referring to that of the volunteers or forum moderators, I'm aware they're not always given the full facts, such as in this case.) As Judge Judy would say, case dismissed!

Edited by SilvaNemesis

Hi, I hope this is in the correct place. At LFCC this year, we had three photo shoots next to each other, iron throne, tardis and emperors throne. On the photo store though, I can only see the emperors throne with Dave Prowse. Are the solo ones being uploaded at some point? I just haven't a clue and thought it might be nice to maybe order another. Any help would be appreciated.

There is a thread for the digital photo's in the 2016 LFCC forum. http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92941&page=1

Basically unfortunately some photo's have been lost, mainly dolph ones, but I'm not sure about others. You may need to just keep checking to see if they get added on, or they may be part of the batches that were lost.

What day did you have them done?

Edited by Raylenth

• 2 months later...

I've never used the digital download option on photoshoots before despite doing a few. Is there a time limit on how long the photos stay online for? Thanks.

I haven't noticed anything being taken off personally. No time Limit I am Aware of.

Awesome. Thank you for answering. Much appreciated.