Talk and Photo Schedule for Glasgow 2016

you've put Sean Astin proberbly the most popular guest at Glasgow on saturday at the back end of the day but you have the photographer taking photos of cosplayers for an hour at the start and then again in the middle of the day for another hour and half. :thumbdown: .

Except James Marsters has far more photoshoot time than Sean which, no doubt, will factor in pre-event ticket sales and potential for on the day sales. All the FCCs I've been to there's been a large quantity of COSplayers and it's an opportunity for them to have a professional shoot and print.

Well I'm literally only going for Sean Astin's autograph on Saturday so I hope I get it.

Coming up from Yorkshire and it's been an absolute mission planning the journey. Only get into Glasgow Central at 12:30 and my train back is 5:10 so I'm panicking a little bit.

Does anyone know how busy this con is, because I've only been to London and Sheffield Showmasters cons.

I'm trying to be realistic here about my chances, but I'm not going to lie, if I don't get to meet him, I will be really upset. And out of pocket.

• Like 1

Well I'm literally only going for Sean Astin's autograph on Saturday so I hope I get it.

Coming up from Yorkshire and it's been an absolute mission planning the journey. Only get into Glasgow Central at 12:30 and my train back is 5:10 so I'm panicking a little bit.

Does anyone know how busy this con is, because I've only been to London and Sheffield Showmasters cons.

I'm trying to be realistic here about my chances, but I'm not going to lie, if I don't get to meet him, I will be really upset. And out of pocket.

I can only speak of my experience last year, but whilst it was very busy, I got to meet everyone I wanted to and got every auto/photograph I wanted, no bother. I'm sure you'll be fine. It's a much smaller event than London.

It's akin to Sheffield busy

you've put Sean Astin proberbly the most popular guest at Glasgow on saturday at the back end of the day but you have the photographer taking photos of cosplayers for an hour at the start and then again in the middle of the day for another hour and half. :thumbdown: .

Except James Marsters has far more photoshoot time than Sean which, no doubt, will factor in pre-event ticket sales and potential for on the day sales. All the FCCs I've been to there's been a large quantity of COSplayers and it's an opportunity for them to have a professional shoot and print.

I have no problem with cosplayers having a photo done its as much their event as anybodys but having the best known guest at the back end of the event makes no sense with cosplayers allready catered for twice before then and one session lasting one and a half hours. There won't be that many cosplayers in Glasgow, never is. Showmasters could have halved that second session easily and had a morning session for Astin ( and other top selling guests) for those who can't stay all day. Its done at other shows so why not here.Its not as if Glasgow has that many guests.Apart from myself i know at least 5 other people who can't do the Astin shoot because of needing to leave for mid afternoon trains,coaches and flights. 3 of them have allready canceled their trip.

Edited by loveamyadams
  • Like 1

I have no problem with cosplayers having a photo done its as much their event as anybodys but having the best known guest at the back end of the event makes no sense with cosplayers allready catered for twice before then and one session lasting one and a half hours. There won't be that many cosplayers in Glasgow, never is. Showmasters could have halved that second session easily and had a morning session for Astin ( and other top selling guests) for those who can't stay all day. Its done at other shows so why not here.Its not as if Glasgow has that many guests.Apart from myself i know at least 5 other people who can't do the Astin shoot because of needing to leave for mid afternoon trains,coaches and flights. 3 of them have allready canceled their trip.

Well said! They only need to add a 30 min Sean session earlier in the day to cater for everyone and spread the queue over two sessions. Much the same as James has a morning and afternoon slot.

• Like 1

I have just pre ordered 4 photo shoots for myself and my fiancé, can i just show them the tickets on my phone or do I need give them a paper copy? last year we had paper tickets but I'm too lazy to set up my printer :P

EDIT: Just saw someone commented they're normally about £5.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but I can't find anything - how much will the cosplay photos be? Anyone know?

Edited by aweeghost

I've been going pretty much every year for around ten years, and whilst it has got busier, when it comes to autographs I've never found the wait very long. I don't think it should be hard at all. Just make sure you plan your bus/taxi so you don't miss your train home!

So let me get this straight, if I have early bird tickets and purchased tickets to have a photo with both goonies I've got to stay at the convention for 8 hours?

Is this a mistake? May as well just bin my ticket if that's the case

No it will not be a mistake. There's no way for SM to plot the photoshoot timetable round indiviudal attendees needs as it just wouldnt happen.

Yes, but you can plot the schedule far better than it currently is surely?

I mean, prioritising cosplay photos and putting them on at a peak time from 1.15 to 2.45, and thus pushing back 10 photoshoots till after 3pm...

in what bizarre world is this fan-friendly scheduling :)

You could easily have swapped those shoots around. Push the cosplay till later in the day - it's a GUEST-oriented event after all, not a cosplay focussed event.

I agree a morning and afternoon session for Sean would have been better, for queue management never mind anyone's own schedule, the peak attendee photo time seems to be handed over to cosplay not actual guests that we are paying to meet. Solve the problem with a duo Goonies shoot or add a morning session for Sean. We too have Sat only early bird as we are travelling from Newcastle and will also have to wait 8 hours between shoots for the two guests we are attending for. I do appreciate you are paying for the whole day not just certain guests but a lot of people are like us and only attending for the two Goonies and you have them split up by hours and no duo shoot, which is poor planning on a very sparse schedule. Please, pretty please add a morning session for Sean. Thanks!

And now there is a duo shoot Sun only!!! Talk about salt in the wound!

your going to be at least another 30mins from Central to Braehead - how are you getting to braehead from Central station?

your going to be at least another 30mins from Central to Braehead - how are you getting to braehead from Central station?

I don't post here often, but wanted to post my thoughts on this: if your train gets in on time, you should be able to catch the X23 to Braehead. If you take the Union Street exit from the station, there should be an X23 from the bus stop outside Poundland at 12:41 that will get you to Braehead for 1:00. It's the fastest bus to Braehead.