Talk and Photo Schedule for Glasgow 2016

So let me get this straight, if I have early bird tickets and purchased tickets to have a photo with both goonies I've got to stay at the convention for 8 hours?

Is this a mistake? May as well just bin my ticket if that's the case

Edited by weedavie35
  • Like 2

So let me get this straight, if I have early bird tickets and purchased tickets to have a photo with both goonies I've got to stay at the convention for 8 hours?

No it will not be a mistake. There's no way for SM to plot the photoshoot timetable round indiviudal attendees needs as it just wouldnt happen. Having an early bird ticket means that yes you can go in from 9am on the Saturday but doesnt mean to say that (a) you can't go in later on in the day if you choose, say 30 minutes before your photoshoot, nor does it mean that you have to stay at the event all day, you can get your hand stamped, have a mooch round the shopping centre and go back in later in the day in time for your other shoot. Photoshoots themselves, as this timetable proves, can be at any time during the show's opening hours.

There may also be other attendees who only want just Sean Astin who arent able to attend in the morning so the scheduling would work for them.

I had the same thing happen to me though a couple of years ago when I'd treated OH to a photoshoot at the event for his birthday, booked accommodation for the night before. We just rocked up for 9am, had a good time, kept bobbing in and out, got the autos we wanted and had chats with the guests, had our photoshoot which was literally the last of the day and finished as the show closed and both had a great day.

Edited by Knitty Fred
  • Like 1

No it will not be a mistake. There's no way for SM to plot the photoshoot timetable round indiviudal attendees needs as it just wouldnt happen. Having an early bird ticket means that yes you can go in from 9am on the Saturday but doesnt mean to say that (a) you can't go in later on in the day if you choose, say 30 minutes before your photoshoot, nor does it mean that you have to stay at the event all day, you can get your hand stamped, have a mooch round the shopping centre and go back in later in the day in time for your other shoot. Photoshoots themselves, as this timetable proves, can be at any time during the show's opening hours.

There may also be other attendees who only want just Sean Astin who arent able to attend in the morning so the scheduling would work for them.

I had the same thing happen to me though a couple of years ago when I'd treated OH to a photoshoot at the event for his birthday, booked accommodation for the night before. We just rocked up for 9am, had a good time, kept bobbing in and out, got the autos we wanted and had chats with the guests, had our photoshoot which was literally the last of the day and finished as the show closed and both had a great day.

Hmm, two batches of photoshoots for the A listers would also work, morning and afternoon, similar to the London film Comic con batch system.

• Like 2

Sorry, I appreciate your reply btw :)

Hmm, two batches of photoshoots for the A listers would also work, morning and afternoon, similar to the London film Comic con batch system.

London though has more photoshoot areas and there is also things to take into accout like the setting up/test shoot of a guest prior to the main shots taking place, potential for a shoot to have over run which then knocks on the next one, which affects the next and so on. Looking at Saturday timings the only pre-standard entry photoshoot is for cosplay with everything else taking place afterwards. Ke Hu Quan is at 12.30 and Sean Astin 5.05 which is less than five hours. As I've said just because you have an early bird ticket for 9am entry doesnt tie you to that being the time you have to enter the show.

Can you use your photoshoot ticket to go to either the morning or afternoon batch for James Marsters do you know? With Sean's being so late on in the day I'd rather do both in the afternoon

That shouldn't be a problem. The idea is that you go to your shoot any time after your batch has been called (within the time slots of course). So for the afternoon shoot they'll start by calling batch 1 again for those who didn't go in the morning.

No it will not be a mistake. There's no way for SM to plot the photoshoot timetable round indiviudal attendees needs as it just wouldnt happen.

Yes, but you can plot the schedule far better than it currently is surely?

I mean, prioritising cosplay photos and putting them on at a peak time from 1.15 to 2.45, and thus pushing back 10 photoshoots till after 3pm...

in what bizarre world is this fan-friendly scheduling :)

You could easily have swapped those shoots around. Push the cosplay till later in the day - it's a GUEST-oriented event after all, not a cosplay focussed event.

• Like 2

No it will not be a mistake. There's no way for SM to plot the photoshoot timetable round indiviudal attendees needs as it just wouldnt happen.

I mean, prioritising cosplay photos and putting them on at a peak time from 1.15 to 2.45, and thus pushing back 10 photoshoots till after 3pm...

You could easily have swapped those shoots around. Push the cosplay till later in the day - it's a GUEST-oriented event after all, not a cosplay focussed event.

I agree a morning and afternoon session for Sean would have been better, for queue management never mind anyone's own schedule, the peak attendee photo time seems to be handed over to cosplay not actual guests that we are paying to meet. Solve the problem with a duo Goonies shoot or add a morning session for Sean. We too have Sat only early bird as we are travelling from Newcastle and will also have to wait 8 hours between shoots for the two guests we are attending for. I do appreciate you are paying for the whole day not just certain guests but a lot of people are like us and only attending for the two Goonies and you have them split up by hours and no duo shoot, which is poor planning on a very sparse schedule. Please, pretty please add a morning session for Sean. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Like 2

Last year myself and a friend had to wait for a shoot later in the day, not ideal however we just made the most of the talks etc. I understand how frustrating it is but I'd argue you'd get more autographs signed at peak time (nevermind guests taking lunch breaks etc) than photos done as not as many people would want them.

1:15 to 2:45 covers a large part of the time that guests go to lunch. Generally you'll find that not much guest related is scheduled between 12:30 and 14:30 so that while some of the guests are at lunch the rest are at their auto tables so that most fans can still get their autos through out the day instead if losing 2 hours around lunchtiem when no one is at the table. Its also the time when a majority of attendees will also be getting their lunch

This particular set of scheduling might not suit your individual needs, but it does take into account the needs of a majority of attendees who come to these events for all elements.

I'm also not buying into the logic that giving cosplayers 90 minutes out of a possible 9 hours of photoshoot time to show of their hard work means that it's no longer a guest focussed event

• Like 1

Well I'm trying to think from an overall fan and guest perspective.

In any case, I still think a schedule like this would have been a bit more fan and guest friendly:

http://imgur.com/a/6RdDk

There are other CosPlay activities throughout the day, particularly the Masquerade near the end of the day, which also need to be accounted for when planning the schedule.

Well I'm trying to think from an overall fan and guest perspective.

In any case, I still think a schedule like this would have been a bit more fan and guest friendly:

http://imgur.com/a/6RdDk

But then attendees come for different reasons.

For me some guests I get autos only, some photos only and some I do both. The example I used above with the guest for my OH's birthday was one I had been hoping to get the photo autographed afterwards but the scheduling prevented that so I just got it done at a later point in time.

There is then also the dealers who are there all weekend and would no doubt like to sell their goods and make a profit. And as has been mentioned above the COSplayers who get involved in the COSplay activities as well as meeting the guests.

As for it being guest friendly it may well be that they've contractually agreed with SM as to whether they will do one or two photoshoots per day and at what time of day for whatever reason they have.