Any regrets?

Does anyone have any regrets of the weekend? guests you may have chosen not to meet, talks you missed out on, perhaps you missed out on the cosplay events?

My main two were not meeting Kenny Baker and Elden Henson. I was genuinely devastated about Kenny's passing when I heard, I'd actually just finished up at the Sheffield event when I saw the news. I chose not to meet him as he was schedule to attend the Newcastle show in November at the London show, massively regretting it now. I was unfortunate enough not to ever have a conversation with him, but I know he was a fantastic guest who will be a big miss at these shows and to his fans.

I'd been planning to meet Elden all weekend as well, then for some reason at the last minute decided to go for Tobin's auto, which in the end I didn't even get regardless :(

I regret that I just bought two photoshootings with Jeremy. It was probably once in a lifetime that I met him and I should have bought at least one more shooting. But besides that - no.

Ahhhh but buy too many shoots and you get moved into the 'keep an eye on this one' category! :whistling:

• Like 1

I regret that I just bought two photoshootings with Jeremy. It was probably once in a lifetime that I met him and I should have bought at least one more shooting. But besides that - no.

Ahhhh but buy too many shoots and you get moved into the 'keep an eye on this one' category! :whistling:

:) What do you mean? Are the security say that about people who are going to shoots of the same person very often? Tell me :)

:) What do you mean? Are the security say that about people who are going to shoots of the same person very often? Tell me :)

Just joking. I was implying that if you paid for loads of shoots they might think you were obsessed!

I regret not making any of the talks. I'd planned to go to the Mads Mikkelsen talk originally, then decided against it so I'd have more time to look around and meet guests (plus my father was leaving early so I didn't want to drag him to a talk). I figured I'd do the Tobin Bell talk since it was later, but my train times meant I wouldn't be able to so in the end I didn't do any talks.

I also regret not being brave and asking any of the guests for hugs... by the look of it, from other people's photos, most wouldn't have objected.

Yeah, didnt have enough time! lol Too much to do in 1 day! On the plus side, though, learning that lesson for next time & going for the whole weekend!

Also, regret not meeting Kenny in hindsight of his passing (R.I.P Kenny) as well as a few others that may or may not be at future events as well as getting more/better photos of the cospayers. (Kept forgetting to change the ISO on my camera, dammit. 😑

Edited by wjbleming

Just one regret that I didn't meet Mads Mikkelsen at his auto table. I normally go for the photo ops rather than autos as a general rule anyway as I'm a tad shy... so opted for 2 photoshoots with him instead. Now really wishing I'd braved it as he was so lovely. Hopefully another opportunity will present in the future! :)

I wish I had looked harder for Caroline Blakiston - apparently she was tucked between Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker on Saturday, and the area was so busy, I passed several times and I didn't even see her or her poster! I'd have liked to meet her.

Other than that, it was an amazing weekend. Wouldn't change a thing!

Edited by MarioVl

Not taking part in the community masquerade. Thing is I really had nothing other than pose as it's a bit difficult with some characters to do much if it's you alone especially when I could do some nice stage combat given a partner. :(